Official Fall/Winter 2016/17 Boot Thread...Fall is creepin up

Just wore the Redwing Moc Toes and it murked my feet. I have blisters that are the size of a quarter on the back of each of my feet. Is this going to break in?

It was unbearable walking for real. If it wasn't raining, I would have straight up took the boots off and just walked in my socks.

yeah you gotta break them in. what i did was wear them for a couple weeks to loosen them up and then i put in a roshe insole. do both of these things and your boots will be good money

Im gonna trust you and suffer through it. Maybe I'll wear it around the house so I can take it off when it gets too bad.

You went through a blister phase and it's completely comfy now? And I think they already got insoles, did you replace it or put the Roshe one on top of it?

I don't have the moc toes but I posted in here last year how my pair of RW Beckman's scraped the skin off the heel of one of my feet. My mistake was wearing lighter socks when it was warm. When you're breaking in RW's I would recommend wearing the thickest socks you have.

Last edited:
Im gonna trust you and suffer through it. Maybe I'll wear it around the house so I can take it off when it gets too bad.

You went through a blister phase and it's completely comfy now? And I think they already got insoles, did you replace it or put the Roshe one on top of it?

yeah i did its common. i put the rose sole on top of the go insoles but i bought mine half a size bigger. depending on how you bought yours the rose sole might slight snugger fit

Just wore the Redwing Moc Toes and it murked my feet. I have blisters that are the size of a quarter on the back of each of my feet. Is this going to break in?

It was unbearable walking for real. If it wasn't raining, I would have straight up took the boots off and just walked in my socks.

Are you sure they fit?

Thick socks and tie them tight. Lol at extra insole, these are rugged boots man, not Timbs.

Thick socks and tie them tight. Lol at extra insole, these are rugged boots man, not Timbs.

Yeah, I wouldn't put some other shoe's insoles in them. I'm a traditionalist, wear them and let the leather footbed conform to your food. Only reason I would put an insole in is if the boots fit big.

:rofl: Man get some 'mole skin' from Walgreens or CVS and you'll be straight. Trust me.

Ended up picking up the Timberland 9 Eye Coulters from Nordstrom Rack. Still want a pair of the Wolverine 1000 miles though. Also considering a pair of the Timberland Lost History Wingtips.

Last edited:
Today became expensive very fast. Had no idea some new Engineers were releasing 
nthat.gif
 30 minutes after I caved on some Flat Head 3009's. 

My shoes obsession is quickly transitioning to boots. 2 pairs in less than a week, and I'm ready to pull the trigger on timberland 6 or 8 inch linemans.

Hasn't started snowing in the Windy City yet but I had to snag and got lucky on the price, $76

Here's an on fit pic I found somewhere

lol @ dudes dainty feet bein put to the test by red wings

Are those nikes practical? Looks like your feet will get wet and they don't have a solid outside for adequate support

Them nikes are dope but dont look that tough uknowwatimsayin

I actually hike and do outdoors **** in my boots

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom