Official Fall/Winter 2016/17 Boot Thread...Fall is creepin up

Thinking about diving into the MTO world this year. Anyone have MTO pairs? Recommendations? There is a ton of information on Reddit but there are so many makers and recommendations, I'd like to hear from the NT brethren.

anybody here into Danner boots? I see they offer a number of pairs using Horween leather.

I have messed with Wolverine 1000 mile, Red Wing and Chippewa in the past, and have settled on RW as being by far the best quality.

That Reese Witherspoon hiking movie has me looking closely into Danner.

That Reese Witherspoon hiking movie has me looking closely into Danner.

i saw this style a lot for a lil bit, but i dont see it as much anymore.

does that particular style have a name? i ve seen it with other brands.

Speaking of Hikers, these joints right here will be had eventually. Don't need another pair of boots right now though. 

i REALLY want a bunch of shoes lol.

out of that bunch, i can find one at a good price.

i dont think i have ever paid retail for a pair of boots.

redwing...timberland....doc martens.....acg....etc.

Hell no. I paid around $200 for all 3 pairs of my Timberland Boot Company. None of my others are GYW / worth mentioning.

My money isn't long enough for most of the boots I want :lol:

A lot of the MTO and smaller hand made "budget" brands are under $500. All "hand made high quality stitched". I haven't had time to do thorough reading and research but this is a good comprehensive guide from what I've read thus far.

The Beginner's Boot Buying Guide v2.0

Last edited:
If you are looking for an mto pair of boots I would highly suggest Truman boot Co. They use top quality leather and they use stitchdown method. They have quick turnaround.
And have been compared favorably to Viberg on Reddit and styleforum. They are priced around 500 though.

If you are looking for an mto pair of boots I would highly suggest Truman boot Co. They use top quality leather and they use stitchdown method. They have quick turnaround.
And have been compared favorably to Viberg on Reddit and styleforum. They are priced around 500 though.

I'm ok with that. I'm just not dropping a rack on a pair. I remember reading their name in that guide. I'll def check them out.

I actually have some suede Red Wing Mocs (burnt orange). I got lucky and got them at Nordstrom Rack but I have never seen them on their site. I don't really understand that.

I ave seen NTers post these. but does anyone have any feedback? :nerd:

http://www.eastlandshoe.com/product/mens+sherman+1955+boot.do?sortby=ourPicks

i got a pair in oxblood/burgundy from ebay a few years back. im a 10.5 in NB and nike and a 10 in timbs and wallys. after wearing a 10.5 a few times (less than 10) to me they are longer and narrower than than my timberland fieldboots. comfort is ok.

Back
Top Bottom