Official Fantasy Basketball Thread

Originally Posted by MrONegative

J-Kidd is your main source of assists ... I guess try and offer Stuckey and Ariza for him. You need a better SG, but not at that cost.

yea I feel that.. Im gonna try to move one of my centers for a good sg.. I have a feeling Ariza is going to thrive with cp3

H2H 10 man league

Chauncey Billups, Den PG
Manu Ginobili, SA SG
Kevin Durant, OKC SF
Blake Griffin, LAC PF
Marcus Camby, Por C, PF DTD
Derrick Rose, Chi PG
J.R. Smith, Den SG, SF DTD
Marc Gasol, Mem C DTD
Jason Terry, Dal SG
Elton Brand, Phi PF
DeJuan Blair, SA PF, C
Thaddeus Young, Phi SF
Andris Biedrins, GS C

How'd I do? Anything I should improve on or should i drop anyone to add anyone below?

Free agents:
Brendan Haywood
Evan Turner
Johnny Flynn
Greg Oden
James Harden,
Derrick Favors
Shawn Marion
Charlie Villanueva,
Jermaine O'Neal

here's my draft from last night...12 man league. i had the #12 pick...

my internet connection got messed up and i autodrafted Wesley Johnson (i know he's a rookie but i really dont know much about him or i didnt watch any preseason games). i was thinking of dropping redick or blake and pick up belinelli. but i do need 3's...

any thoughts on my picks, who i should add/drop, etc..?

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

^Belinelli is a shooter so why would you be concerned dropping shooters for another one?
Am I the only one that isn't sold on Belinelli whatsoever
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

hey guys my first time playing fantasy
how many teams do most of you manage?
does it take a lot of time each day to manage?

^Belinelli is a shooter so why would you be concerned dropping shooters for another one?
i guess i just looked at playing time..Belinelli will be starting but then again Redick should be getting a good amount of playing time as well. i guess i'll just hold off for now and just see how this first week goes.

any other opinions?

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Am I the only one that isn't sold on Belinelli whatsoever
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
I swear, Bellinelli is a career Summer League All-Star. 
laugh.gif

well just did my draft
11 teams in a roto league, i had 1st pick
my first time playing so i had no real idea really.. just trying to have some fun
and here it goes:
let me know how it is and if i messed up

[table][tr][th=""]Round[/th] [th=""]Pick[/th] [th=""]Player[/th] [th=""]Position[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1.[/td] [td](1)[/td] [td]Kevin Durant[/td] [td]SF[/td][/tr][tr][td]2.[/td] [td](22)[/td] [td]Gerald Wallace[/td] [td]SF,PF[/td][/tr][tr][td]3.[/td] [td](23)[/td] [td]Chauncey Billups[/td] [td]PG[/td][/tr][tr][td]4.[/td] [td](44)[/td] [td]Carlos Boozer[/td] [td]PF,C[/td][/tr][tr][td]5.[/td] [td](45)[/td] [td]Stephen Jackson[/td] [td]SG,SF[/td][/tr][tr][td]6.[/td] [td](66)[/td] [td]Andrew Bynum[/td] [td]C[/td][/tr][tr][td]7.[/td] [td](67)[/td] [td]John Wall[/td] [td]PG[/td][/tr][tr][td]8.[/td] [td](88)[/td] [td]Emeka Okafor[/td] [td]C[/td][/tr][tr][td]9.[/td] [td](89)[/td] [td]Vince Carter[/td] [td]SG,SF[/td][/tr][tr][td]10.[/td] [td](110)[/td] [td]Anthony Morrow[/td] [td]SG,SF[/td][/tr][tr][td]11.[/td] [td](111)[/td] [td]Andrei Kirilenko[/td] [td]SF,PF[/td][/tr][tr][td]12.[/td] [td](132)[/td] [td]Thaddeus Young[/td] [td]SF,PF[/td][/tr][tr][td]13.[/td] [td](133)[/td] [td]Richard Hamilton[/td] [td]SG,SF[/td][/tr][tr][td]14.[/td] [td](154)[/td] [td]Kenyon Martin[/td] [td]PF[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by chicksNkicks

Sorry about that crazy format.. I got screwed and my draft auto picked Jkidd and Steph curry for me in the second and third round.

I was offered Joe johnson for Kidd straight up.. Thoughts?
in the 2nd round? and you have durant which means you had the #1 pick? that would mean curry went with 20-something pick. i couldnt even get him with the 7th pick
laugh.gif
where do you guys find these joke leagues at?

take joe johnson and run

Originally Posted by 59 Piffy

Originally Posted by chicksNkicks

Sorry about that crazy format.. I got screwed and my draft auto picked Jkidd and Steph curry for me in the second and third round.

I was offered Joe johnson for Kidd straight up.. Thoughts?
in the 2nd round? and you have durant which means you had the #1 pick? that would mean curry went with 20-something pick. i couldnt even get him with the 7th pick
laugh.gif
where do you guys find these joke leagues at?

take joe johnson and run
i wouldnt give up kidd for johnson....
kidd gets you assists, boards, steals, ft%, 

sg's are the worst position in any fantasy league....most sg's cant get you too many stat categories 

thats why im tryin to get someone to take salmons from me... 
laugh.gif

my squad: (auction draft) 

nash

westbrook

salmons 
eyes.gif

jeff green 
eyes.gif

dirk

david west

nene

marc gasol

kg

bench

calderon 

d harris

haywood

d blair 

had monta, but traded him for westbrook straight up. seemed like a good move... 
grin.gif

Is Rip Hamilton safe to start for tomorrow night?
I have 3 spots and I am not sure which 3 to play, I have:

Prince
Hamilton
Calderon
Delfino
Outlaw
RButler
Dunleavy

Which 3 would you guys start?

Originally Posted by Clockin Dollars

Originally Posted by CHIARAVANOND

[h3]Not in order I think I have a really good team lol what do you guys think ?[/h3][h3]
[/h3][h3]Chris Paul
Ray Allen 
Deron Williams
Paul Pierce 
Chris Bosh 
Danny Granger 
Andrew Bogut 
Greg Oden 
Jamal Crawford 
Darren Collison 
Eric Gordon 
Raymond Felton
DeMarcus Cousins 
Manu Ginobili 
Wesley Johnson
Troy Murphy
[/h3]

man what kind of leagues do yall be in, was this a 8 team league??? How you get CP, D Will, and Granger?
laugh.gif
yea an 8 team money league Most of the people I play with picked randomed people for first round

Originally Posted by RFX45

Prince
Hamilton
Calderon
Delfino
Outlaw
RButler
Dunleavy

dunleavy, outlaw, delfino, but it really depends on what stats you need.

picked up beno, now i have 5 PG's -____- my only sg/sf are k-mart, ariza, salmons, and t-will. will that last me or should i trade a big for a sf

im in 2 leagues (10 and 14 man).

10 man (auction)

deron williams
paul pierce
stephen curry
antawn jamison
bargnani
blatch
okafor
kaman
andre miller
oj mayo
drew gooden
stuckey
wilson chandler

14 man (snake, 11th pick)

deron
kevin martin
jkidd
luol deng
bargnani
troy murphy
drew gooden
devin harris
diaw
austin daye
robin lopez
wesley johnson
mehmet

i think my 14 man one is a little weak in boards and blocks. and i dont know what to do with mehmet. any suggestions? when's he supposed to be back?

Originally Posted by DubA169

should i do Blatche and Nelson for B. Griffin
That's a tough one. If Blatche plays like he did at the end of last year, he'll be just as valuable as Blake. But w/Wall (and Arenas) joining the team, who knows if he will get the same opportunities as last season. Jameer will contribute in the assist and ft/fg % categories. Blake is too much of a wild-card to make a call either way on this deal.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Prince
Hamilton
Calderon
Delfino
Outlaw
RButler
Dunleavy

Tough, tough, tough.
- I think Dunleavy is gonna have a good year. Don't know why. But I know he's always had the talent. He's just injury-prone.
- Butler is gonna be affected by the return of Blake and the addition of Gomes. But he's still the starter.
- Outlaw is gonna get pushed by T-Will for playing time.
- Delfino... maybe. But Corey, Salmons, BJ, Ilyasova, Gooden, and a returning Bogut are all serious contributors on this team. Even the Prince should still see some time. Unless he gets hot, I'm not sure how much you can expect from Delfino.
- Even though he's playing against the Knicks, I just don't trust Calderon. He burned me all of last year. And Jack played better ball than him. Even if Calderon starts, Jack is definitely gonna get some burn.
- Tay and Rip are both coming back. But so is BG. And Charlie V. Detroit is too stacked to expect major production from any one person.

I'd probably go in this order: Butler, Dunleavy, Outlaw, Rip/Tay, Delfino, Calderon.

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

pickedup beno, now i have 5 PG's -____- my only sg/sf are k-mart, ariza,salmons, and t-will. will that last me or should i trade a big for a sf

Personally, I think your sf's are a good collection. Depending on who your pg's are, you can probably move a pg for a big.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

2ce0znd.jpg
A guy wants to trade LBJ. Any suggestions on who I can offer?

He also has K-Mart and I was thinking Dwight/Rondo for LBJ/K-Mart. Sounds fair or too one-sided either way?

I claimed UD off waivers for Ibaka (hopefully I get him). And I figure I can always get another serviceable big man off waivers if I traded Dwight away.

Who should I go with 2night?

JJ Hickson vs Boston
Ibaka vs Chicago
Augustine at Dallas

Parada- It depends on what category you think you will need. I kinda like DJ Augustine because Hickson/Ibaka will face tougher match ups.

Can someone please rate my team I drafted last night:
- Carmelo Anthony
- Tyreke Evans
- OJ Mayo
- John Wall
- Jeff Green
- DeMarcus Cousins
- Roy Hibbert
- Michael Beasley
- Ron Artest
- Johnny Flynn
- Channing Frye
--------------------------

Spoiler [+]
I think this team might not be good, but I tried to draft some
pimp.gif
players who I want to see ball.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I have 2 offers for Devin Harris, one for Marc Gasol and the other Andrea Bargnani. which is the better deal? Gasol will get me rebounds and blocks (and he was on my 3rd place team last year) Bargnani will score, won't rebound as much but will bang some 3s.

2ce0znd.jpg
A guy wants to trade LBJ. Any suggestions on who I can offer?

He also has K-Mart and I was thinking Dwight/Rondo for LBJ/K-Mart. Sounds fair or too one-sided either way?

I claimed UD off waivers for Ibaka (hopefully I get him). And I figure I can always get another serviceable big man off waivers if I traded Dwight away.

My homie SHUGES, I don't think I'd do that trade.  I like that you have Dwight AND Rondo paired up.  Those two make you strong as hell in steals, assists, boards and blocks.  I actually think you might have too many PGs and I think i'd try to trade Blatche and/or Brand for a Marc Gasol, Bogut, Hibbert or Joakim Noah.  I feel Bogut and Marc Gasol would compliment Dwight better than Blatche and Brand.  I also think I’d try and trade away Baron for a 20 point scorer that can hit 3’s too.  I like that Ibaka pick up though.  Just my thoughts.

Appreciate that, Trust!

Yeah, I like Rondo + Dwight. But both of them will drag my ft% way down. That was the only reason I considered trading them both. Especially since I have more than enough pg's to make up for losing Rondo (stupid auto-draft!).

But I'll take a wait and see approach for now.

Thanks man.

this is my 1st fantasy league, i was #8 on a snake draft.. thoughts/opinions on my squad? 
nerd.gif

someone wants to trade LaMarcus Aldridge for anyone on my starting 5.. good or bad? 

Rajon Rondo

Kev Martin

Rudy Gay

Zach Randolph

Dwight Howard

Chris Kaman

Eric Gordon

Corey Maggette

Ben Gordon

George Hill

Josh Childress

Hakim Warrick