Official Fantasy Basketball Thread

Originally Posted by diew its james

yes, josh fills up the stat sheet but his ft is going to hurt you. other than that hes a great fantasy player

So you think it's worth it by sacrificing some ast? 

yes cause josh smith can dish 4-5 ast a game as well. but he doesnt give you as many 3s. kidds fg is terrible so that makes up for it i guess

Trust me, I know.
laugh.gif

Got a question fellas. In a 12-man, head to head money league. This league we have 15 categories (which is way too many) and I'm currently in second 6 games behind first. Here is where my question comes up. 1st place for the regular season gets 30% of the pot, playoff winner gets 30%, second gets 20%, and so on. Someone just dropped Noah in a shallow FA pool and I picked him up. Do I hold onto him up in hopes of it making the difference for me in the playoffs? Here is my squad:

tony parker
raymond felton
eric gordon
thaddeus young
gerald wallace
shane battier
al jefferson
marcus camby
nene
beno udrih
shawn marion
dirk nowitzki
mike conley
brandon rush
Noah

really shallow FA pool, here is the top guys:

Thabo sefolosha
james jones
shannon brown
matt barnes
brad miller
toney douglas
fisher
Z
caron butler
roy
chuck hayes
korver
mcroberts

you get the idea it's pretty shallow, but missing out on 3-4 games a week might be the difference for regular season win. opinions much aprpeciated.

^ the FA isnt that bad if thabo, shannon and douglas are still there. i wouldnt hold onto noah just yet unless you really dont think you'd need an extra player. i'd wait till feb or until there is more news on his return

Would y'all make this trade?

wade, amare, troy murphy and ariza for westbrook, jeff green, randolph and dorrell wright

I have Amare and Wade.

Why either of you have Murphy or Randolph is beyond me...

Keep Wade and Amare. Westbrook and Wright are having nice seasons but you shouldn't give up two top-10 fantasy players for that.

*EDIT*
I thought you meant Anthony Randolph but now I'm going to assume it's Z-Bo. If you don't need blocks I think I'd go for it but I don't know if it would be accepted.

i'd say calderon, hes playing injured and might only play every other day with bayless starting every other game while they heal from their injuries

Originally Posted by nublee

Do I bench Harris or Calderon on friday? Nets-Wiz, Raps-Celts

Last time the Nets played the Wizards, Harris had 29 points and 9 assists. Last time Calderon played Boston he had 6 points and 10 assists. So just based on that i'd go with Harris.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Would y'all make this trade?

wade, amare, troy murphy and ariza for westbrook, jeff green, randolph and dorrell wright

I have Amare and Wade.

I'd try and pull for a Wade Murphy and Ariza for Green, Westbrook, and Wright.
Highly unlikely that trade would get accepted, but its worth a try. Try and and a filler to even it out.

i think i would want d12 instead of westbrook in a keeper league, people would likely stash the good bigs and put average point guards back into the drafting pool next season so you can still get a decent point guard. never played in a keeper league though

Originally Posted by OGCoachJ

Would you all trade Westbrook for D Howard?

It is a keeper League.

Eric Maynor will steal some extra minutes. Um...Brandon Bass, Ryan Anderson, and Earl Clark....please.
Keep D-12.

Bonus.. Chase Budinger is Asher Roth's father

just picked up Tyler Hansbrough. hope he keeps up the production.

jamal crawford has been balling for me lately! picked him up from the free agent pool but he has been playing like a starter

for those who own varejao, dude is apparently done for the season with a torn tendon in his ankle.

Early reports are that Anderson Varejao is done for the season after a right ankle injury was revealed to be a torn tendon.
Varejao will require surgery on his right leg to address the tendon injury. This is a stunning turn of events for fantasy owners. As it stands, the Cavs front court is already depleted. Look for J.J. Hickson, Antawn Jamison, Ryan Hollins and Christian Eyenga to get even more play. Jan. 9 - 6:52 pm et

Back
Top Bottom