***Official Fantasy Football Talk/Sign Up 2012***

I need a league as well, Ecook takin mad long with the ESPN league 
laugh.gif

-The Juice

I just did a mock draft, feedback please?!

12 team league
QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, WR/RB, TE, K, DEF

QB - Drew Brees, Matthew Stafford
WR - Stevie Johnson, Mike Thomas, Mike Williams, Hines Ward, James Jones
RB - Rashard Mendenhall, LaGarrette Blount, Fred Jackson, Darren Sproles
TE - Jason Witten, Brent Celek
K - David Akers
DEF - Houston

1. Rashard Mendenhall (Pit - RB)
2. Drew Brees (NO - QB)
3. LeGarrette Blount (TB - RB)
4. Stevie Johnson (Buf - WR)
5. Jason Witten (Dal - TE)
6. Fred Jackson (Buf - RB)
7. Mike Thomas (Jac - WR)
8. Matthew Stafford (Det - QB)
9. Mike Williams (Sea - WR)
10. Darren Sproles (NO - RB)
11. Hines Ward (Pit - WR)
12. James Jones (GB - WR)
13. Brent Celek (Phi - TE)
14. Houston (Hou - DEF)
15. David Akers (SF - K)

^what pick?

Not loving the team. I think you reached for Brees in the 2nd. You probably should have gotten a decent WR or RB with your 2nd pick.

WRs are shaky with weak QBs.

Anybody interested in joining our league? Trying to garnish interest, if you folks just want to play. Just want commitment as the money thing might be an issue.

With brady, rodgers, vick, ap, foster and c. Johndon going 1-6 who do i take at 7? Stick with a rb or go top wr? 10 man snake draft

Originally Posted by freshbottoms

With brady, rodgers, vick, ap, foster and c. Johndon going 1-6 who do i take at 7? Stick with a rb or go top wr? 10 man snake draft

why would someone draft brady, rodgers, and vick in the top 6?  

Originally Posted by xpatrickstar

I just did a mock draft, feedback please?!

12 team league
QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, WR/RB, TE, K, DEF

QB - Drew Brees, Matthew Stafford
WR - Stevie Johnson, Mike Thomas, Mike Williams, Hines Ward, James Jones
RB - Rashard Mendenhall, LaGarrette Blount, Fred Jackson, Darren Sproles
TE - Jason Witten, Brent Celek
K - David Akers
DEF - Houston
Yeah, good thing it was a mock bro. Your RB's and WR's are average. What was your #1 pick?
But you can do better on the RB and WR's and prolly QB.

So I started making my draft boards (yeah I'm a nerd). It's a really down year for RBs. There are only 4 guys (AD, CJ2K, Rice, Charles) that I feel comfortable having as my RB 1. After that everyone has serious concerns Gore and MJD (injury), Mendenhall (low YPA relies heavily on TDs) and Shady (not a ton of carries, what happens when Vick goes down).

Depth at QB and WR is very nice though.

Anybody got a Yahoo league drafting after pre-season wk 3, has pretty reg settings and no defensive players...if so, I wanna join!

With Jeremy Shockey gone, Jimmy Graham should get a lot of looks this year. He's a nice late pick if you don't want to waste an earlier pick on other TEs like Gates, Clark, or Finley.

I think Ingram is going to have a nice year if he can avoid injury. Pierre Thomas is just
eyes.gif

The QBs are deep this year. Rodgers, Vick, Brees, Brady, Rivers, and Manning are all good picks. Manning and Rivers seem to fall into the late 2nd and 3rd round in every mock draft I've done. You can easily load up on RBs and WRs and still get a decent QB like Big Ben, Freeman, Ryan, or take the gamble on Romo.

I'm really worried about RBs this year though. As much as I love Arian Foster for doing what he did last year, including winning me a FF championship, he CAN'T follow that up. Defenses aren't going to allow him to go off again. Of course, he's a solid pick compared to the rest of the league but Jesus...I see Peterson, Foster, and then...? Chris Johnson was an inconsistent clown last year. Ray Rice kept getting hurt and now they have Ricky Williams. MJD gets hurt. Gore too. McCoy's production drops with Vick running all over the damn place. Jamaal Charles has Thomas Jones refusing to give up life. Mendenhall doesn't get a lot of carries and Big Ben often goes into chuck mode. Did the Bears improve their OL? Forte could be a decent low risk, high reward pick...same with Ryan Grant or D'Angelo Williams. Can Peyton Hillis go nuts again or will the Madden curse destroy him like everybody else? Ryan Matthews? Pass. Tolbert isn't going away. Can Ingram stay healthy? Will Shonne Green bounce back or will LT attempt to play out of his mind again? Blount might snap...on people. Jahvid Best might snap...in half. Same with Moreno. See what I mean?
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

It's damn near Peterson and then...good luck.

WR position is deep as *%!+ though. Don't get me started.

Me and my boys is starting up a league..Draft is 1pm ET today on ESPN..Just search for "Jet Nation" if you want to join.

Does anyone know of any stores that sell draft boards and labels for an offline draft? Dont have time to order one from online.

Back
Top Bottom