*Official FC Barcelona/La Liga '09-'10 season thread* 1/30 vs Sporting Gijón *LIVE NOW* GolTV

Long time coming.

30clmqc.jpg

Squad:

9baq8l.jpg

League Table:

21ay5ug.jpg

Upcoming Games:

2s7aw5l.jpg

Great Breakdown from another thread.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Messi is a GREAT player and has been better statistically than Ronaldo over the past 1.5 seasons but the Barca system helps him become so successful. Look at all the changes in Barca's line-up over the last 5 years and yet almost every single player has thrived on that team. Barca's system is built upon a 4-3-3 formation with 2 FBs that push-up a lot, 3 talented CMs and 2 wingers that spread out the attack. You put almost any skilled player on Barca and they will beast.

Look at all the different combination of players they've had over recent years:

LW- Ronaldinho, Henry, Pedro
CF- Eto'o, Ibrahimovic, Larsson
RW- Messi, Giuly
CM- Toure, Keita, Xavi, Iniesta, Deco, Motta, Van Bommell, Edmilson
LB- Abidal, Sylvinho, Van Bronkhorst
RB- Beletti, Zambrotta, Alves
CB- Thuram, Milito, Puyol, Marquez, Pique

Carles Puyol has been the only fixture in Barcelona's starting line-up dating back to 2005. Barca's system is amazing.

I think Barca's 4-3-3 is so crucial to their success. Even though he is a fraction of the player he once was, Henry's inclusion in the Barca starting XI is vital because defenders have to respect his presence which opens up more space for other Barca attackers. Take a look back at the UCL finals. Henry did almost nothing that match but Man Utd. defenders respected him which gave more room for Eto'o and Messi to operate. When Barcelona eventually find a fulltime replacement for Henry (whether it's Pedro or someone else), you'll see that player adding to the list of productive Barca LWs over the years.

I know we are half way thru but there is much more football left to be played.

Not a huge match coming up against Gijon but Barça has been known to complicate the easy ones.

I've asked for one for the past 2 years....but can someone PLEASE post a barca sig?

We're still on course for another successful season but it's a shame we're out of running for the Copa Del Rey.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

We're still on course for another successful season but it's a shame we're out of running for the Copa Del Rey.

I agree, but you have to think of how many players we have that are international players and the grind gets hard. I would be happy with a Liga title and CL trophy this year, what we did last year will not be done again for many many many years.

According to FCBarcelona.cat: Alves is doubtful for Saturday with a minor injury to his leg, Sergio and Jeffren should be available for Saturdays match.

I would like to see Jeffren get some more playing time so Messi, Iniesta and Henry are well rested for the CL so they don't limp to a finish like last year.

Originally Posted by wwsindicate

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

I agree, but you have to think of how many players we have that are international players and the grind gets hard. I would be happy with a Liga title and CL trophy this year, what we did last year will not be done again for many many many years.
I would have been disappointed had they not played up to their capability, but they had plenty of opportunities in both games to score...an extra 5 or so games they wont have to play, and with a overloaded schedule that they have had since pep took over, it's not the end of the world they bow out of copa del rey...at least we didnt get thumped like los blancos did by a 2nd div team
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

what do people think about marquez? maybe it's me, but I feel VERY uneasy when I see him on the pitch....when he's not injured, he's consistently being beaten by faster players...dude is a red card and penalty waiting to happen...he is great at headers and long crosses though, but I wish they would loan him (of they could find someone to take them off their hands)

Marquez just isn't consistent enough which I feel has to do a lot with lack of playing time. Although, I do feel he can contribute to the team and I think they should give him a shot CDM or somewhere in the midfield he is a great passer and as mentioned excellent at headers. He is just too slow and small for the back row, I wouldn't be surprised if both he and Abidal are gone at the end of the season, maybe even Milito (I think he will get a chance to get back in form before he is sold or loaned out tho)

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Jeffren's speed and pace is just filthy.

and everytime marquez is in, he makes a critical mistake.
he needs more playing time. He's been the most consistant CB alongside Puyol for the last 4 years.

My fellow Barcelona bandwagoners are now united
pimp.gif

I've been a fan of them since 2005 because they are the most entertaining team in the world.

At least we can brag about Barca's great history and great style of play unlike Chelsea bandwagoners.

Barcelona dont need Marquez...Pique + Puyols is working fine. Barca dont need Marquez at CDM because they have Toure, Keita and Busquets.

What do you guys think about Ibrahimovic? I think this dude will disappear in the UCL KO stage. Barca should easily beat Stuttgart but after that the goals start to dry up for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom