OFFICIAL FIBA World Cup Spain 2014 Thread

Just caught the Philippines-Croatia replay. If filipinos are going to recruit American players, they might as well recruit a coach. :smile::ahem:: Spoelstra ::ahem:: )

God knows they need it. You have an nba big man on your team and you don't know how to use him at all
mean.gif
Examples of American coaches making an impact: Coach Cal made DR a better team (I know he's not there anymore, but he left the program in good hands). Mike Fratello has transformed Ukraine.
yep

Philippines basketball is hella shady tho lol......well their professional league more than international 

I'm just hoping Pac man actually play in the next PBA cup 

Watched that USA Finland game again just cuz.

The thing that's sad is that Finland actually has all the traits of a well coached team. They were just supremely over-matched and talentless.

I think the USA would've probably killed the Philippines by more. I'm proud to be Filipino American and all, but a Rucker team has better coaching than The Philippines national squad.

Last edited:
He owns the team nothing wrong with that he isn't affecting any other teams negatively but his own team.

I think the USA would've probably killed the Philippines by more. I'm proud to be Filipino American and all, but a Rucker team has better coaching than The Philippines national squad.

Keep in mind, it's really hard to win a game by 60 points, no matter who you're playing against. For example, the Dream Team's annihilation of Angola was by 68 points, but they only broke the 50-point margin once the rest of the tournament (yeah, I know that sounds insane, but I'm trying to make a point lol).

Watched that USA Finland game again just cuz.

The thing that's sad is that Finland actually has all the traits of a well coached team. They were just supremely over-matched and talentless.

"Filipinos are very aggressive in all directions...."

via Croatia Head Coach Jasmin Repesa

The offense is DDM it looked good yesterday when used correctly and when Blatche didn't act like a knucklehead it won us the silver in the Asian qualifier our best hope is to use speed and shooting ability the average height is only 6'4 and two of our tallest players can't be played cause of ones IQ and the other one is a slow as hell.

Winning silver in the asian qualifiers, unfortunately, isn't saying much.

Team Philippines isn't well coached at all. The guards lack discipline and do a poor job of getting their big guys involved. I remember Blatche came over to set a pick once and the guard didn't use it and shot a contested 3 which air balled.

There should've been more pick and roll action with Blatche. should've been more screens off the ball to free up your shooters.

Not enough ball movement off the ball either. Everyone just watches the guards dominate the ball and stands around.

Finland sets more picks and passes more on one play than team Philippines does in three possessions.

They can benefit a lot from an 'imported' American or European coach to change the culture.

That game should've been won yesterday just from giving Blatche more touches but no one even looks for him that hard lol

I want the best for Team Philippines I really do. But I think to keep moving up on the world scene, you'd have to start with changing the coach. That ball dominating offense would play like putty in the hands of teams that can apply ball pressure.

Last edited:
Winning silver in the asian qualifiers, unfortunately, isn't saying much.

Team Philippines isn't well coached at all. The guards lack discipline and do a poor job of getting their big guys involved. I remember Blatche came over to set a pick once and the guard didn't use it and shot a contested 3 which air balled.

There should've been more pick and roll action with Blatche. should've been more screens off the ball to free up your shooters.

Not enough ball movement off the ball either. Everyone just watches the guards dominate the ball and stands around.

Finland sets more picks and passes more on one play than team Philippines does in three possessions.

They can benefit a lot from an 'imported' American or European coach to change the culture.

That game should've been won yesterday just from giving Blatche more touches but no one even looks for him that hard lol

I want the best for Team Philippines I really do. But I think to keep moving up on the world scene, you'd have to start with changing the coach. That ball dominating offense would play like putty in the hands of teams that can apply ball pressure.
Well qualifying is big if the last time you actually did was like 30 yrs ago.
laugh.gif

Of course you could say that about every team needs more screens less iso's obviously would be better what team wouldn't want to get shooters open team just have different ways in doing so Chan the team's best shooter shot 4/6 from deep so you also don't see how the roster is constructed the only players who can create their own shots are Willam, Dalistan , Alapag, Blatche i would say Norwood to but he is a bellow average shooter .Why would you want to take the ball out of their hands. They had a serbian coach before and they did worse our country doesnt produce wings who could defend shoot and handle the ball at a respectable level with decent height and length the last one was Chip Engelland and he isnt Filipino.

Lol at suggesting Spo this ain't team usa where you can gather them the whole summer and expect them to click these players play the whole year in different tourneys.

Blatche has also been doing that type of **** in Brooklyn and nobody likes it the only difference is the coach can afford to yank him out.

Plus Jimmy has been doing that not using the pick and jacking up shots from the parking lot his whole career no matter who the coach is best believe he is gonna flex that range he did the same thing last Fiba Asia to win the game. 

Pums, there is nobody on the team that should be holding the ball for as long as your guards do. The best chance for success is to install some kind of quick passing offense with minimal ball handling involved. If you're OK with where the team is at the I guess they can maintain the status quo.

I'm not satisfied with winning silver at the qualifiers, I know it's a step up but I want to shoot higher.

Asia is just so much behind Europe and Europe behind the USA. I want to catch up.

This guy you call Jimmy is not as good as he thinks he is and will get killed against better guards

Look at all that damn room on the baseline. Not cluttered with photographers. NBA needs to take notes

Turkey's guards aren't even trying to finish when they get in the paint.

They're overdoing the drive & kick approach.

And I like their gameplan of intentionally fouling to prevent fast breaks, but if they keep turning it over then all of their guys are gonna get fouled out

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom