::[OFFICIAL] FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Thread:::

Scheduled myself to not work the nights the USA play

need to do that too but i dont know what time the games will be played do you know :nerd:

June 16 & 22 at 6pm est

June 26 12pm

I'm pulling for the USA...I know they prob won't get out the group tho

Hope Aguero plays well for Argentina ...won't pull for them to win because I can't stand messi

Last edited:
Anybody here collecting the Panini World Cup player stickers? I need to take a pic of what I got.

Portugal is so damn overrated. Since when has that team accomplished anything. They were an absolute joke in qualifying.

think people who are quick to dismiss the US are stuck in 2010...or even 2006. not guaranteeing we come out of that group...but it's far from laughable to believe they have a chance

Portugal is so damn overrated. Since when has that team accomplished anything. They were an absolute joke in qualifying.

luis figo ain't walking through that door

Last edited:
Group A:
Brasil, Croatia, Mexico, Cameroon.

Group B:
Espana, Chile, Dutch, Australia.

Group C:
Japan, Colombia, Greece, Ivory Coast.

Group D:
Uruguay, Italy, England, Costa Rica.

Group E:
France, Ecuador, Swiss, Honduras.

Group F:
Argentina, Nigeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iran.

Group G:
Germany, Portugal, Ghana, USA.

Group H:
Belgium, Korea, Russia, Algeria.

Overall winners: Brazil

Group stages:

Group A: Brazil, Croatia

Group B: Spain, Netherlands 

Group C: Colombia, Japan

Group D: Italy, England

Group E: Switzerland, France

Group F: Argentina, Nigeria

Group G: Germany, Portugal

Group H: Belgium, Russia

Dark horse/2nd team: Belgium 

Can't see them actually winning it, but I'll be cheering them on, rooting for my boys, Mousa, Nacer & Super Jan. Would be nice to see them get to at least the QFs, maybe even the Semis.

Last edited:
No European team has ever won a South American World Cup.
Well, during the last World Cup you could also say that no European team has ever won a WC outside of Europe period. But as we know Spain won in South Africa.

I have Brazil as the favorites too though. The combination of:

-Home soil/climate familiarity

-Your fans heavily outnumbering the opponents every game

-Favorable ref calls that come with home territory

-Extra pressure by the media and fans

Will give them that extra 10% over the opponents. If it was held anywhere else, I'd have both Spain and Germany ahead of them though. Surprised that Spain's odds are that low and Argentina is ahead of them. Messi has had his worst season ever since he stopped being a "developing young talent", Injuero missed like every other game consistently throughout the season and their defense looks flat out questionable.

Who overrated them in the first place? Lol

Champ and all you other dudes posting your picks. Hope y'all did/do the bracket.

Who overrated them in the first place? Lol

Champ and all you other dudes posting your picks. Hope y'all did/do the bracket.
I'm saying. Some credible football enthusiasts don't even have Portugal advancing from Group G. Lead striker is a glaring weakness. I'll be happy if Ronaldo leads them to the knockout stage, behind Germany in the group.

Coupe: Thanks for the reminder, bud.

If Costa is healthy, Spain is winning it all. But if he's not Del Bosque will go back to the tiki taka false 9 BS and they'll get knocked out around the semis.

If not Spain, then Germany...but only if Khedira, Bastian, etc can get healthy again. Injuries the only thing holding them back IMO.

My top 5 to win.

1. Spain

2. Germany

3. Argentina

4. Brazil 

5. Italy

If Costa is healthy, Spain is winning it all. But if he's not Del Bosque will go back to the tiki taka false 9 BS and they'll get knocked out around the semis.

If not Spain, then Germany...but only if Khedira, Bastian, etc can get healthy again. Injuries the only thing holding them back IMO.

My top 5 to win.

1. Spain
2. Germany
3. Argentina
4. Brazil 
5. Italy
Are you dropping Brasil that low to be different or you truly believe that? Either way, props for the gutsy predictions.

My top-5 goes:
1) Brasil
2) Uruguay
3) Espana
4) Argentina
5) Germany

Honorable Mention:
Colombia

Belgium was near the top of my list after 2010, but the selection has become too vogue. Not to sound hipster or anti-hipster, whichever.

No. I love watching Brazil play. But let's be real here. None of their mids/attackers would start for Spain, Germany, or Argentina. Best player is Neymar, who wouldn't even start for Germany or Spain. 

They play well together but they don't have the elite world class talent the other countries do. Hulk, Fred, Oscar, Willian, etc have been too inconsistent this year. 

Ok they won the Confed cup. But this is different. They'll have to prove it because on paper they just aren't as good the top teams.

Last edited:
You really have some high standards for Uruguay, wow. Number two Champ?
I'm holding out faith Suarez plays despite heavy doubt and unlikelihood. Terror with him and Cavani leading the line as Forlan's best days are behind him. Muslera has his moments but Uruguay has a stable of ample defenders. Godin, Caceres, Coates, Lugano, Maxi Pereira, Fucile.

Their midfield could be seen as a vulnerable spot when compared to Spain and Germany. Alvaro Pereira, Gargano, Ramirez, Lodeiro.

Italia '90 has got to be the dumbest mascot in the history of sports mascots. Especially as a follow up to the ultra epic Pique from Mexico '86.

Yeah nobody has portugal as even close to favorites besides CR7 stans lmao. I wouldnt be shocked at all if they dont even make it out of there group. Not because of the US but Ghana.

I'd like to see more cohesion and chemistry in buildup play from African football sides. Get rid of the individual mentality. No longer me, but we.

Injuero missed like every other game consistently throughout the season and their defense looks flat out questionable.
:rofl: @ Injuero

No. I love watching Brazil play. But let's be real here. None of their mids/attackers would start for Spain, Germany, or Argentina. Best player is Neymar, who wouldn't even start for Germany or Spain. 

They play well together but they don't have the elite world class talent the other countries do. Hulk, Fred, Oscar, Willian, etc have been too inconsistent this year. 

Ok they won the Confed cup. But this is different. They'll have to prove it because on paper they just aren't as good the top teams.
So Neymar wouldn't start over Reus?
Who plays on the left for Spain?

1) germany. I think they got what it takes this year
2) Spain. Striker or not I think they make another good run
3) brazil. They got a good chance of winning but idk I just wouldn't put my money on it

Sleeper -
Swiss

Golden boot-
Messi. Easy group

submitted my bracket.

it was tough but I had germany win it all.

edit: saw the Italy mascot. tf is that supposed to be?! :lol:

Last edited:
1) germany. I think they got what it takes this year
2) Spain. Striker or not I think they make another good run
3) brazil. They got a good chance of winning but idk I just wouldn't put my money on it

Sleeper -
Swiss

Golden boot-
Messi. Easy group

I'm looking forward to see how the Swiss play, they will really surprise people

that US game yesterday was not easy to watch. The team is so boring and lacking play makers.

IDK if they weren't trying hard or just going through the motions but they have no chance if that is even close to what their style of play will be come official game time

Back
Top Bottom