::[OFFICIAL] FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Thread:::

Ivory Coast played.. meh. Still got the win. Good job, but they need to get on the same page ASAP.

I was wildin out in the car when IC scored 2 in such short time, I def didn't see that coming. Congrats to them. Japan tho :smh:

Took a quick nap after that first half then I woke up to Ivory Coast in front , I love drogba his presence alone change the outcome of the game .
exactly...put him on the field and people start to act right

sport-graphics-2007_706904a.jpg

ivory coast might make it deep this year, probably one of the more truly talented teams with at least 3-4 world class guys on the squad.

They wont.There is no cohesion. Too many egos. That's the problem with African teams. Players do good when they play for their clubs. Bring them together and they play like amateurs. They don't play as a unit
ivory coast might make it deep this year, probably one of the more truly talented teams with at least 3-4 world class guys on the squad.

They wont.There is no cohesion. Too many egos. That's the problem with African teams. Players do good when they play for their clubs. Bring them together and they play like amateurs. They don't play as a unit

That's the unfortunate truth. I'm hoping we can at least make it out of the group though.

That's the unfortunate truth. I'm hoping we can at least make it out of the group though.

i think that thy are past that, the fact that drogba is coming off the bench and letting the younger guys flourish speaks to the dimension of this current team.

IT seems like African players see the World Cup as an individual audition to make a big club rather than anything else. Lots of selfish play.

A shame that Hondas brilliance was cancelled out by two headers. Good on Gervinho though its always nice to see him play to his ability.

IT seems like African players see the World Cup as an individual audition to make a big club rather than anything else. Lots of selfish play.
that isn't the case with ivory coast, all of them pretty much are attached to a big club, or are playing in a competitive leaugue.

2 goals in 100 seconds for IC :x .

Great games all around today. Looking forward to more tomorrow and especially Monday.

i think that thy are past that, the fact that drogba is coming off the bench and letting the younger guys flourish speaks to the dimension of this current team.
Bony had a great season, it would have been more surprising if Drogba started over him.
African teams tend to lack mental fortitude which goes along with the whole ego/unity thing. Some of them were a rather ball hoggish. But I also think that for the player a part of that "golden generation" they understand that this is pretty much it for them. I expect Drogba to retire from the NT after this WC or maybe after the next ACON.
Aurier was great, his stock def shot up. He's good going forward, his defense needs work. I thought the CIV's def was going to be a big issue. I figured Japan might be able to use that to their advantage.

Best possible case for US to advance?

Portugal doesn't play to standards cause #7 is hurt?

Germany wins the group and US comes in 2nd?

:\

The heat causes LeBron esque cramps in CR7? :lol:

He has had tendinosis for the last few weeks.

Best possible case for US to advance?

Portugal doesn't play to standards cause #7 is hurt?

Germany wins the group and US comes in 2nd?

:\

Even if CR7 doesn't play, they still have plenty of players that can feast on our defense.
We have to beat Ghana first. Which I think we can.
But luckily Portugal plays Germany first

Last edited:
If USA dont beat ghana its over. They need 3 points from the get go.

If germany/portugal ends in a draw thats huge for them also.

Then ONTOP they need to play a perfect game to beat portugal/germany. Clearly portugal is the "easiest" of the two and I wouldnt be surprised if they did make it through. This WC has that feeling its going to be shockers everywhere

Then ONTOP they need to play a perfect game to beat portugal/germany. Clearly portugal is the "easiest" of the two and I wouldnt be surprised if they did make it through. This WC has that feeling its going to be shockers everywhere
A March Madness-esque World Cup?
laugh.gif

The Netherlands definitely set that tone though.

Honduyras is getting KILTED today. Slow *** defense. Minimum 5-0 for France. That is all.

Back
Top Bottom