***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

Got em today ... Wanted these pretty bad

Finally busted out my 96s. Nice to wear (I now understand why so many of you were raving about the cushioning).

Just phone pics, but they'll do for now.

(And yes - I did cut the tag off before actually wearing them!)

Last edited:
Yeah they're definitely a very comfortable shoe

Seconded. Got the Cool/Cement gray pair from my local spot for $50 and was blown away at how well made and comfortable the shoe was for that price point. Would've copped the '95 but that shape/cut is so whack they look like variants.

Patiently waiting for a 15%-30% discount on the '97 as my only option is to get them on eBay and our CDN $ has dropped significantly vs. the USD.

Figured this is where I could ask this question since I come into the actual shoe section once a year, but what exactly happened to Fila as far as the branding compared to Nike, Adidas, etc. Unless I'm just being nostalgic, it seemed like Fila was on par with Nike and Adidas well up into the early 2000's.

Lack of athletes with a public persona in an era when athletic companies were built by signature athletes, and a lack of market presence. They got extremely hard to find as Nike/Adidas/JB signed distribution deals with the FL group. My opinion.

Would be dope if they could somehow sign an italian player in the nba and make a sig shoe for him

Would be dope if they could somehow sign an italian player in the nba and make a sig shoe for him

Highly unlikely to happen these days although it wouldn't be a bad idea. I still can't get over those KJ's at 19.99, its a very dope shoe that you really can't appreciate until its on foot. My gripe with them was the fit which is terrible but everything else was pretty solid IMO.

I'm hoping someone can PLEASE help me find these shoes. I'm starting to feel like I made them up in my head.

In middle school, somewhere between 96-98,I had some white Filas with three blue raindrop type things going down the side. Not the Bubbles.

I have searched every corner of the Internet for two days straight and cannot find them anywhere.

Anybody know what they were called?

The Fila Rainmaker.

Hat tip to SLAM August 1997. Release date on the shoes was July 15, retail was $78. Colourways: black/white, white/navy/red and white/electric blue.

EDIT: Here's the pic from SLAM (they look nicer on Hersey's feet on that card!).

Last edited:
those dont look too good. if they do ever release them they should update them with a thicker midsole and fix the tongue

Lack of athletes with a public persona in an era when athletic companies were built by signature athletes, and a lack of market presence. They got extremely hard to find as Nike/Adidas/JB signed distribution deals with the FL group. My opinion.

Hmmmm, makes sense. I guess that means you could say the same about Converse at one point (which I didn't know was bought by Nike way back).

The Fila Rainmaker.

Hat tip to SLAM August 1997. Release date on the shoes was July 15, retail was $78. Colourways: black/white, white/navy/red and white/electric blue.

EDIT: Here's the pic from SLAM (they look nicer on Hersey's feet on that card!).
@Phil32 Cool you found it with the name and all!

Vintage Pic of Puerto Rican rapper Gringo from the legendary P.R. duo Baby Rasta & Gringo rocking the FILA Grant Hill 3!

In the video starting from 1:55 you can see Gringo performing live on stage with the FILA Grant Hill 3's on his feet

Last edited:
It was a real trip down memory lane looking through SLAMs from 1995-1998 to find the Rainmakers. I might roll out some other pics over the next week or so of some Filas & Reeboks.

Seriously, any old Slam mag pics or catalog pics of 90s Filas would be appreciated. Few pairs I remember vaguely but not by name. I had one pair that had basically rolled down from a mid to a low that was just an overall dope looking shoe and a couple of others I remember that weren't sigs but just looked sick.

Man, you guys weren't lying about the KJ7's running small! I went to Sears to try them on and ended up buying a size 13....I usually do 11.5/12 :wow:

Back
Top Bottom