***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

playing ball in retro filas>playing ball in retro nikes/jordans

what the **** you talking bout?

lol @ quality stinking compared to nikes/jordans
have to agree, i'd only play ball in retro reebok or fila's or crazy 8's tried those on the other day for the first time, mad comfy unlike the D NaRose, waiting on the stack 2's hopefully they're atleast as comfy and well made as the 96's 

Most of the consumers are brainwashed into thinking everything Nike and Jordan does is GOD. I like what FILA did this year in terms of releases. You guys complaining about the 95's .... The newer versions look less bulky and cleaner... Why does everyone have such low expectations for Nike and Adi/Bok but such high for FILA. Appreciate something different for a change would you? 

I got my 96 Olympic pair and love them, they just need more models to choose from

Most of the consumers are brainwashed into thinking everything Nike and Jordan does is GOD. I like what FILA did this year in terms of releases. You guys complaining about the 95's .... The newer versions look less bulky and cleaner... Why does everyone have such low expectations for Nike and Adi/Bok but such high for FILA. Appreciate something different for a change would you? 

nope. they needed to be a higher cut. thats just fila cutting cost

made the shoe look weird

they did that for both the fila 95 and spaghetti.

they didnt do that **** to be different either

left the 96 damn near perfect.

are you tryna be cute?

the newer 95 version looks cheaper

I got my 96 Olympic pair and love them, they just need more models to choose from

the fila 96 + reebok shockpad insole from the answer 1 retro = heaven on feet

im talking og air max 95/air max cw goodness

Am I
nope. they needed to be a higher cut. thats just fila cutting cost

made the shoe look weird

they did that for both the fila 95 and spaghetti.

they didnt do that **** to be different either

left the 96 damn near perfect.

are you tryna be cute?

the newer 95 version looks cheaper

Am I trying to be cute?? Kind of talk is that. The OG version was nice but cutting it down to fit better in today's market doesn't save them money. It's not about less material in this case. People felt the 95 was clunky and a boot. The update in my eyes allowed them to change that a bit without destroying the retro. A lot of the talk on here is way over exaggerated like you guys are designers yourselves. Don't like em go spend a 200-300 on a Jordan retro.... I got 95's on my feet black/black and they're dope.

Am I
Am I trying to be cute?? Kind of talk is that. The OG version was nice but cutting it down to fit better in today's market doesn't save them money. It's not about less material in this case. People felt the 95 was clunky and a boot. The update in my eyes allowed them to change that a bit without destroying the retro. A lot of the talk on here is way over exaggerated like you guys are designers yourselves. Don't like em go spend a 200-300 on a Jordan retro.... I got 95's on my feet black/black and they're dope.

filausa is that you?

get back on twitter

quit defending fila for cutting cost

they didnt cut **** down to fit into todays market

they skimped on the nubuck that was used on this shoe as well

yea that thin side of nubuck sure made the shoe less bulky lol

sit down. you dont know what you are talking about

people felt the 95 was a boot? what people?

did people think the stackhouse 1 felt like a boot too?

the cage?

go change your screen name

vintage my ***

i got no problem with you preferring the changes to the og and previous retros of the shoe but dont come in here and give me the bull **** you choose to shovel...

Last edited:
filausa is that you?

get back on twitter

quit defend fila for cutting cost

the cage?

vintage my ***

i got no problem with you preferring the changes to the og and previous retros of the shoe but dont come in here and give me the bull **** you choose to shovel...

This, this, and all of this! :lol: I have to agree on the quality on these it was one of the biggest sneaker disappointments of the year for me.

filausa is that you?

get back on twitter

quit defending fila for cutting cost

the cage?

vintage my ***

No one is shoveling any bull to you it's a forum we exchange our opinions. I welcomed yours after YOU responded to MINE... I explained myself and never singled you out. Thanks for not minding my opinion.

You know what they say opinions are like ******** everyone's got one...

And no this isn't FILA but I sure wouldn't mind a damn check for all the kicks I copped over the years hahahahhahaha.

Am I

My dude, the problem is that the factories that originally made the shoes are long gone and it's just a handful of factories in China making shoes for all the sneaker companies out there. These factories are notorious for making samples at a different grade from the production models. The onus is really on FILA to take a look at what exactly the factory is producing and do something about it.

I won't come at you like NK, but those Fila 95 retros are atrocious - I've slammed Nike/JB for selling authentic fakes and these are no better.

I understand that you're getting a replica when you buy a retro sneaker, but too many of these companies are taking advantage of the retro craze and just churning out junk - at least put some effort.

Last edited:
My dude, the problem is that the factories that originally made the shoes are long gone and it's just a handful of factories in China making shoes for all the sneaker companies out there. These factories are notorious for making samples at a different grade from the production models. The onus is really on FILA to take a look at what exactly the factory is producing and do something about it.

I won't come at you like NK, but those Fila 95 retros are atrocious - I've slammed Nike/JB for selling authentic fakes and these are no better.

I understand that you're getting a replica when you buy a retro sneaker, but too many of these companies are taking advantage of the retro craze and just churning out junk - at least put some effort.
Fair assessment

@redrum3281  hey don't shoot the messenger. I'm just a fan. You and @NobleKane  can hit that guy @Kiddfuture on Twitter. He runs their social accounts, I once won a giveaway and he was the guy I communicated with during the process. 

@redrum3281  hey don't shoot the messenger. I'm just a fan. You and @NobleKane  can hit that guy @Kiddfuture on Twitter. He runs their social accounts, I once won a giveaway and he was the guy I communicated with during the process. 
well I don't think he'll respond to anyone on here we kinda downed them pretty bad with the Biglots comments also i'm not shooting you and i'm a fan as well, waiting on some mashburns to be announced and the stack 2's to be released

Man I hope they bring back those Stackhouse 2's. They were one of my favorite shoes to hoop in during my high school years. I know they were heavy but the cushion in those were nice.

well I don't think he'll respond to anyone on here we kinda downed them pretty bad with the Biglots comments also i'm not shooting you and i'm a fan as well, waiting on some mashburns to be announced and the stack 2's to be released
True other than the big lots fiasco seems like he's doing okay. He probably has no idea there is a FILA thread on Nike Talk hahaha.

Man I hope they bring back those Stackhouse 2's. They were one of my favorite shoes to hoop in during my high school years. I know they were heavy but the cushion in those were nice.
they have pics of the heritage stack 2's floating and I believe they're slated for sometime this yr
True other than the big lots fiasco seems like he's doing okay. He probably has no idea there is a FILA thread on Nike Talk hahaha.
it be funny if he was one of the members on this thread would explain how he missed talking about some shoes that were released and we knew but he didn't say anything on the twitter

they have pics of the heritage stack 2's floating and I believe they're slated for sometime this yr

it be funny if he was one of the members on this thread would explain how he missed talking about some shoes that were released and we knew but he didn't say anything on the twitter
I noticed it was a Finishline exclusive for the 96 low... We're there any others that were only for FL?

still waiting on the white white navy fila 95 to be released. butchered shape and all i have been waiting for this colorway to be retroed since forever

you guys are pretty harsh on fila but stay buying jays tho right nike all the way??.fila has been doing a fine job and can any of us really complain when were picking these up for 40$ or 50$ ?

You must be new to this thread. Nike gets it worse. But we cant let other companies slide just because their **** is cheaper.

I buy more reebok n fila these days than nike/jordan but doesnt excuse fila or reebok for ******g things up too

You must be new to this thread. Nike gets it worse. But we cant let other companies slide just because their **** is cheaper.

I buy more reebok n fila these days than nike/jordan but doesnt excuse fila or reebok for ******g things up too
new to this thread u mean didnt feel  like going back 70 pages and readin thru....?yea than im new.was never a fan of the grant hills growing up they didnt make noise where im from and was never on my radar.im well aware people hate on quality of other brands but why are you complaining AT ALL if you only paid 40$?

getting quality back the way it was in the 90s is just a joke cats been talkin bout it since the 2000s and it hasent happen ,probably never will.the convo annoys me.how long did it take nike to put the "nike air" back on jays huh? since 2001(really 99 if you count the retro plus 4s) and we been complaining this whole time??so maybe if we keep complaining for the next 10 years the next retros of the grant hills will have a slightly higher cut lol.....well worth the wait.

Thing is companies like fila and adidas/reebok do not have cult followings so the consumer imput will have a better impact on what they do next.

Lets face it when a non nike company retros stuff their main consumer is the old guys the ones who want the shoe to look as similar as possible to the og.

Nike can put a dildo on the tongue of a V, sell um for 200, and they will sell out.

Fila? Not so much.

Straight to big lots for 30 bucks.

The fila 95 has been retroed 4 or 5 times already and the cut was similar to the og until this batch.

I would pay the 89 retail if they made um similar to previous retros.

I doibt fila wants to be selling their shoes for 30 bucks at big lots

Filas quality is actually nice on some of their shoes. Its the butchering of their design that irks people most.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom