***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

Probably due to the fact that the sneaker has evolved and people don't like shoes as high as they used to. I personally don't like em high

As do a lot of people.. which is probably why fila is trimming down the height

As do a lot of people.. which is probably why fila is trimming down the height

Then why not just drop the lows? Most every fila being retroed had low counterparts

The fila 95 was retroed a million times before and were still high.

They didnt even redesign the fila 95 this time it just look like they chopped the top off and packed um up :lol:

Why didnt they butcher the height of the 96 then?

The 96 is a tiny bit lower but everything else has been altered extremely

Last edited:
I am copping the 96 all day long, such a great retro they did this time around, there is no colorway I don't like. For $40, will buy them all.

Probably due to the fact that the sneaker has evolved and people don't like shoes as high as they used to. I personally don't like em high

This is absolutely untrue - their factory did a piss poor job with the factory moldings/toolings. If anything high top sneakers have made a resurgence in the last few years - look at the AF1 High, Ewings, Kobe IX (this thing is like damn boxing shoe) and so forth.

I checked out the '96 and they did a better job on it - but the '95 is just a poor retro. The factory just did a bad job on the retro/replica - it is what it is. Fila simply does not have the leverage to tell the factory in China to re-manufacture if they goof up.

As NK said, the Lows exist for cats that want a lower cut.

Last edited:
dont... i was told directly from Fila.

not gonna bother continuing the convo on the cut. if you dont like it, dont buy em. life goes on
LMAO, ok Mr. Big Shot. Nobody from FILA told u anything. I state facts, everything you spit is speculation

You act like Fila cuttin' you a check or something. You sit here acting like you rep them when they don't give a **** about you. Irrelevant dudes acting like they special. FOH

Last edited:
Lol you mad bro? I'm stating nothing but facts. Get your panties out of your ***

Stopped by my local WSS and was happy to see so much Fila selection. They had 96s, Spaghetti, Cage and these cool kicks

Last edited:
Thanks, but to be honest I saw it on kicksdeals first. Just posted it here to make sure all us filaheads saw. And you can pretty much hit up any random Ross/tj maxx/marshalls nowadays (at least here in socal) and they'll have matching fila socks for like 6.99 for a six pack.

Man I got my pair of Fire (red) 96s from Concepts today - quality is pretty awful, IMO.

Still glad I copped - think I'm done with Fila and the 96s now - got a few OG colorways, Tobacco Road, and the Fire joints.  Couldn't pass on the fire 96s for $45 shipped.

Back
Top Bottom