***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

Repped

anyone have a coupon for that site ???   jk 
laugh.gif

Those two new different flavors for the FILA 96 are bad. FILA don't ruin a classic keep it moving and concentrate on bringing out other classic FILA models like the Fila Jam Ball, Fila Runball, Fila Webber etc. cause then is gonna look like FILA only had a few sneaker gems in the past when I know FILA has much more than what we are seeing now. If FILA really wants to see people get more amped up for their stuff keeping it classic is the way to go and not releasing just a few models over and over cause it gets boring after a while and the worst part is when I see stuff like that being done to the 96 sometimes stuff like that might work but I just can't accept it on the 96 model it just doesn't look good. Now I'm not gonna lie the FILA and Joyrich sneaker doesn't look bad with the zebra print on it, but like I said before sometimes stuff like that might work it's either a hit or a miss. That's why I think It's better to be on the safe side and just release other FILA sneaker models in their OG colorways and here and there release them in new colorways but in solid ones not with patterns of any sort.

You are right. The direction they are headed is a dead end. They need to bring back other classics and they must tell the story of the shoes so young people, or people who just forgot, know the significance of the sneaker. Any idiot can just say, "let's slap cheetah print on the back of this 96." Doing this means nothing to the model, and just looks hideous. Fila is just struggling to gain the attention of the young demo, and their tactics are misguided at best. These hologram and cheetah pairs will end up at the same old fila spots we see for $25-$40.

Telling a story and educating the consumer is very important for Fila right now. After all, how do you expect young people to buy your shoes if they have no idea what they are buying and what it represents. But they are ignoring this and just copying other brands by slapping hyped prints on old classics. It may at times work for Nike, but it will never work for Fila.

You are right. The direction they are headed is a dead end. They need to bring back other classics and they must tell the story of the shoes so young people, or people who just forgot, know the significance of the sneaker. Any idiot can just say, "let's slap cheetah print on the back of this 96." Doing this means nothing to the model, and just looks hideous. Fila is just struggling to gain the attention of the young demo, and their tactics are misguided at best. These hologram and cheetah pairs will end up at the same old fila spots we see for $25-$40.

Telling a story and educating the consumer is very important for Fila right now. After all, how do you expect young people to buy your shoes if they have no idea what they are buying and what it represents. But they are ignoring this and just copying other brands by slapping hyped prints on old classics. It may at times work for Nike, but it will never work for Fila.
I agree 100% that these new models are absolutely hideous. I'm not really sure what Fila's thinking with these. They don't appeal to the people who are buying Fila's, and from what others have said, the younger demo they are apparently targeting have no idea what or who Fila is.

However, to say that these will end up in the bargain bin, simply based on the cheetah or hologram prints is a bit misguided. Even the dope colorways they put out on the 96 ended up in the bargain bin, so I think it's less an issue of what the shoes look like, and more an issue of people not knowing, either about Fila as a whole, or about these models in particular. I've seen maybe one other person in recent memory rocking a pair of 95's. I don't know that I've seen a pair of 96's in-person, beside my own. There were a few models of both the 95 and 96 at Finish Line and Foot Locker, but none of the dopest colorways. Those you had to search a little harder for. I'd say that most kids these days don't care about the hunt, they just want to go into a store and walk our with a fresh pair of kicks. Seems that if Fila can't make their presence known there, they're going to continue to release stuff that ends up in the bargain bin.

After re-reading your post, seems like I simply echoed a lot of what you were saying. 

Last edited:
It's not based just on the print. Basically 90% of what they release ends up somewhere on the cheap. Don't believe me? Go back in this thread and you will see stores giving away shoes like the fila 96 (gh2). The terrible design choice ensures these will hit the bargain bins tho.

Last edited:
Check out TOKYO Ms Kicks holding an OG pair of the FILA Stack 2! 
nerd.gif

Sneakerhead females like her now in days are rare to find cause how many female sneakerheads we could actually really name that got some FILA kicks in their collection and not only that a female who goes out of her way to find an OG pair of FILA kicks that's mad crazy rare right there. Only in Japan you could find a chick like that. I tell you she got all kinds of heat from different sneaker brands. I also seen that she has an OG pair of the FILA GH3. TOKYO Ms Kicks is the epitome of a real female sneakerhead.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom