OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup and Copa America underway

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Mex comms tryna sing along with the Lazio fans guessing the entire time. “But in Italian of course because I don’t know:lol:

Nice goal from Newcastle, Livramento created that with his run but good poachers instinct from Isak to pounce on that rebound

Crazy, the body is so strange and we know so little that a lung removal can cause your calves so much discomfort. Are you still using at all?

And I kind of like the Madrid Gazelle’s.
Doctors aren't really sure what caused it. It began shortly after I fully recovered from the lung surgery but that was also the onset of my hormone condition (hypogonadotropic hypogonadism).
Despite a full recovery, I noticed that I was getting increasingly rapid muscle fatigue and cramps in my lower legs even though I was back in the gym and had been lifting 3x a week for multiple years prior to the lung surgery. This is also when the pain started.
The muscle fatigue kept setting in quicker and quicker, and slowly spread from my lower legs to my whole body. Doctors kept saying they couldn't find anything wrong, until I was referred to some special unit that only handpicks strange cases. During one of my appointments there, my CPK (a substance indicating muscle damage) levels were 70 times higher than normal. The doctors almost couldn't believe it and ordered a new blood test because they assumed it had to be a lab error. Turns out it wasn't, and eventually I was diagnosed with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism.
The testosterone treatment helped massively with the cramps but to this day the doctors haven't been able to explain the pain in my calves or the sudden pseudo-hypertrophy that took place before I was diagnosed and treated. Even though I was forced to quit the gym and could barely wash dishes without rapid muscle fatigue, my calves and biceps had a sudden growth that the doctors described as "unexplained pseudo-hypertrophy."
It also caused dozens and dozens of stretch marks all over my calves and biceps despite losing weight overall due to the lack of activity and lack of appetite due to being depressed from having to give up my nursing education and all physical hobbies.

It was a rough time until I got my diagnosis and hormone treatment. I'm pretty much back to normal in terms of physical capacity but still require regular Pregnyl injections to boost my testosterone levels and Hydrocortisone pills because I can apparently only produce about 15% of normal cortisol levels.

If even that special unit who solved my hormone case can't figure out the cause of the pain in my calves, I've long given up on hoping for a diagnosis. I'm prescribed 400mg of Tramadol per day but am currently in the process of working my way back down to 400mg after a spree of abusing 800mg per day. Currently I'm at 500mg/day and am pretty close to fully tapering down back to the regular 400mg/day dosage.

lol so do i. i don’t take any pain meds ever which is why i think the tramadol worked so well
I remember being prescribed about 2 weeks worth of Tramadol in highschool after dislocating my knee while picking up a piece of paper in school. Turns out my kneecap was way too lose so it had to be held in place with titanium screws in a kneecap stabilization surgery. This surgery caused an absurd amount of nerve pain for those 2 weeks but I was zooted out of my mind in class despite being on the lowest prescribed dosage :lol:
Prior to the pain in my calves, that's the only time I ever took painkillers. Those couple days after in the hospital after the lung surgery was more painful than words can describe, even while on so much opioids in the hospital that my arm was briefly paralyzed. Once they pulled out the chest drain tube though, it immediately became bearable and I was subsequently discharged with just a few days worth of Tylenol.

had tramadol once after i had surgery on my ruptured achilles. the cast tech messed up my cast. had my ankle all twisted so when the nerve block wore off i was in the worst pain i’ve ever been in. went back to the er they shot me once with tramadol and i couldn’t feel it at all. it was pretty amazing
The pain relief wasn't at all what got me hooked into becoming an addict, I'd describe the feeling of an opioid high as the greatest feeling a human can experience. Tramadol is slightly different than other opioids in that sense and causes a more intense euphoria.
Due to being unable to function without Tramadol due to the calves pain, I tend to describe my situation as an alcoholic who has to keep his drinking under control while being forced to drink a mandatory minimum per day.

Last edited:
I thought Chelsea was too good for Antony Gordon when we were linked with him a few years ago…..look how stupid I look now

Nasty goal from Chuckwueze. :sick:
Created that opportunity out of nothing and somehow scored from such a tight angle.

Might swap over to the City match, wtf is going on over there :lol:
Shoutout to Lois Openda putting up some big game numbers :pimp: 9 goals in 12 appearances in the Farmersliga too.

Pep started Rico at midfield...Whole midfield playing with two left feet and we are getting exposed with our high line. Rodri and Rico the only ones that looked decent 1st half.
Haven't seen the match but on paper that sounds like a continuation of Pep's strange habit of trying something weird in the CL and getting punished for it

Haven't seen the match but on paper that sounds like a continuation of Pep's strange habit of trying something weird in the CL and getting punished for it
Yeah, Rico looks great, everyone else out of position.

We can't even switch the damn ball to the other side without turning it over. Hopefully we get it corrected at HT.

Back
Top Bottom