OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup and Copa America underway

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
IMG_0350.gif

I was going to fly out from west coast but waited too long due to work and now flights are triple.
Place going to packed with thousands of salvadorans with messi jerseys lol.

This is what is wrong with America right here. 30% fee :smh:

Like my Mexican friends say "No mames guay"

arg gua tkts.JPG
Congress needs to do something about the price/fee gouging that these ****ty middlemen companies get away with.

I went to buy some concert tickets online and suddenly $50 tickets turned into $70 because I'm not buying them at the venue. 40% in fees to literally process the payment? **** outta here I'll spend the $5 in gas to pull up between 7-10PM on a show night.

This is what is wrong with America right here. 30% fee :smh:

Like my Mexican friends say "No mames guay"

arg gua tkts.JPG
GREED.. this isn't just specific to tickets. You see it in every industry now man and it's nasty work... gonna be these same companies begging for help when the other shoe drops and the whole system bottoms out. I can't wait
Was obvious he was going to stay once Tuchel turned us down this week…pretty disappointing, we literally played like a bottom 5 team in the league on xG, faced record number of shots, just don’t think there was much football you could point too and justify bringing him back.

Hopefully he proves me wrong. Continuity has its own benefits and he can get some guys integrated this year, solidify the backline and compete for top 4 next season.
Tuchel did NOT turn us down.. he was just twerking for us in the German media.. he got turned down this week and is just trying to save face.

I'm just glad the saga is over.. we move!

one thing I will say is INEOS have been super tight lipped... nice for a change. I would have understood it either way, but given the options I wanted to stick with Erik as well. Hopefully they do great with recruitment and we have a much better season... wishful thinking.

one thing I will say is INEOS have been super tight lipped... nice for a change. I would have understood it either way, but given the options I wanted to stick with Erik as well. Hopefully they do great with recruitment and we have a much better season... wishful thinking.
What other options were there? Once Tuchel said no, that was it.

Would've been saltier if they hadn't done their due diligence on successors but by all accounts they were talking to everyone you'd have expected them to look at and decided against it for whichever reasons. None of the options that were linked besides Tuchel were ones I'd consider noticeable upgrades to him in the first place.

Hopefully the recruitment gets taken out of his hands and the club can start working with their new heirarchy/structure.

Ideally he heeds the lessons from last season and becomes more adaptable/less stubborn tactically. He'll know he'll be on the hotseat the second the form slips up too so I'd like to hope we'll get his best under pressure. About to be year 3, the time for excuses is over with. Put up or shut up time :lol: 😤

He was on the ropes so often especially towards the end of the season. He's very lucky with the manager market being what it is right now, the timing of new upper management/club restructuring and the goodwill that he got from beating Citeh at Wembley.

I would like a striker at arsenal but we did score the most goals ever in a season at the club. But I still think we need a clinical finisher. That patch where they’d create 9000 chances a game but just couldn’t score shows it, won like 1 game out of 8 or something and probably cost the title

I’m especially wary on it because who knows if we’ll be lucky enough to have almost no big injuries again like this past season

If not then we need a threat from the wing, especially if Martinelli is gonna have another bad season. Plus someone to backup Saka and Odegaard. Goal threats from the wing and attacking midfield would be cool. 10-20 each from saka Martinelli and Havertz could make up for a striker but still..

Going into another season relying on Jesus and Eddie to score 🤮🤮

Last edited:
I would like a striker at arsenal but we did score the most goals ever in a season at the club. But I still think we need a clinical finisher. That patch where they’d create 9000 chances a game but just couldn’t score shows it, won like 1 game out of 8 or something and probably cost the title

I’m especially wary on it because who knows if we’ll be lucky enough to have almost no big injuries again like this past season

If not then we need a threat from the wing, especially if Martinelli is gonna have another bad season. Plus someone to backup Saka and Odegaard. Goal threats from the wing and attacking midfield would be cool. 10-20 each from saka Martinelli and Havertz could make up for a striker but still..

Going into another season relying on Jesus and Eddie to score 🤮🤮
Ivan Toney! You need a striker to think you could replicate that goal return again would be silly

They need Pep to leave more than anything. They scored 91 goals.

Ivan Toney! You need a striker to think you could replicate that goal return again would be silly

They might reignite the interest…just maybe. Can’t go into another season relying on your wide players and midfield to score your goals. Yea it’s great but unlikely, it’s not going to win any titles…and yes part of not winning the league was being poor in games. But to replicate that kind of output without a new striker is a stretch.

Havertz definitely turned it around. But I’m not relying on him to lead the lines. G. Jesus and Eddie, aren’t reliable, one frankly isn’t good enough to be on the team.

Hopefully they don’t drag their feet this window either. I know with tournaments, making transfers happen can be tough but still…

Back
Top Bottom