OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup and Copa America underway

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Why do I get the sneaking feeling that now that no one expects Belgium to get it done they might finally put that run together…

Why do I get the sneaking feeling that now that no one expects Belgium to get it done they might finally put that run together…
I can tell you no one in Belgium has that feeling :lol:
The expectation is that we should be able to get pretty far but that's about it. Slovakia (with all due respect) should definitely be a convincing win though.

I can tell you no one in Belgium has that feeling :lol:
The expectation is that we should be able to get pretty far but that's about it. Slovakia (with all due respect) should definitely be a convincing win though.
Yea I don’t think today will say a lot about belgiums fate unless they get upset of course.

This. And I thought this match was gonna be a snoozer

We say this every tournament :lol: they’re a perpetual dark horse

This is true but this feels like the first time most people not putting them in the dark horse category compared to past tournaments. This Belgium team don’t inspire you with confidence the past ones we thought were dark horses did.

Yea I don’t think today will say a lot about belgiums fate unless they get upset of course.

This is true but this feels like the first time most people not putting them in the dark horse category compared to past tournaments. This Belgium team don’t inspire you with confidence the past ones we thought were dark horses did.
It's because they've lost a bunch of quality from their golden generation years.

Sure you've got younger guys that are now key guys for them like Trossard, Onana and Doku but they don't have the same pedigree they used to when folks picked them to make deep runs.

Guys like Hazard, Kompany, Alderweireld, Mertens not being around anymore etc leaves a lot of major tourney experience being lost.

They should be able to get out of their group easily enough but I don't think they should be expected to do much passed the Quarters like years passed.

Would be hilarious if a team that got third in their group and advances wins the entire thing lol

Two great chances wasted and they concede outta nowhere. My guy Doku trying to do way too much

Back
Top Bottom