OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup and Copa America underway

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Copa America knockout rounds are set

20240703_000938.jpg

Sick of US players, fans, and commentators acting like they’ve never faced physical teams and the “dark arts” before. You’re not new to CONCACAF/CONMEBOL style of play and wild referees at this point. Toughen up and stop whining!

Also, where’s the person who used to spam highlight videos of Jozy Altidore, Juan Agudelo, (insert any other trash players who happened to play on the bench for some irrelevant European club) talking about how great development has been for US born players over the past 10-15 years? Bragging about having so many players in Europe while performing worse than majority MLS teams from decades ago is embarrassing.

I would take any US team from the early 2000s-mid 2010s over this team.

No matter how much worse the talent was on paper, you could never rule out the US somehow getting a result, even if there was a 25% chance. Nowadays it feels closer to 0% to me. Those players were far more mentally tough than these guys who get rattled so damn easily against tougher or physical opponents.
The early 2000s-mid 2010, had a different mentality. People talk about how we have more players in Europe than ever but that doesn’t mean anything if you’re getting washed by Panama. Collectively, this pool of players is more talented but they lack grit, minus a 2 or 3 players.

Take a listen to the Kickin It podcast, Bruce Arena and Eric Wynalda give their thoughts on the current crop of players. Wynalda, not a fan of his but it was nice to see him actually criticize GGG. I get why Arena and Marsch won’t. But he is so ***, we looked terrible out there. You would think that he would be fired after this but with this federation, I just don’t know
I never understood or will understand getting rid of Klinnsman.

Klinnsman actually gave the USMNT some standards.

But so many of you guys wanted him gone.
He challenged the powers at be and didn’t conform, US Soccer didn’t like that ****. Players/people in US Soccer felt that he was bringing in too many players that didn’t actually care about US soccer/the US (Jermaine Jones talked about this on the podcast). Which does have its validity. I know fans felt a way about that…they weren’t complaining win the team was winning tho

Back
Top Bottom