OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup and Copa America underway

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
The buy loan and flip plan is still at work. Chelsea trying to buy every youth player this summer.

Those long *** contracts are crazy. I get why a player might want to sign it

Definitely agreed. Long contracts are crazy but wages can be increased during negotiations. That probably explains why players are fine with long term contracts

Man I hope he works out cuz that’s a big contract on a lot of years to try and move on

Joao Felix has a lot talent but man does he escape criticism for being unproductive, and what happened to the ball carrying he used to do?
Literally everyone in here says he sucks all the time and criticizes him not stop for being unproductive. It’s why no one has made a move for him yet this summer (I still believe he can put up big numbers and shine).

Man I hope he works out cuz that’s a big contract on a lot of years to try and move on

We are seeing the ups and downs of that model, my guys Cucurella/Mudryk/Fofana are on very long contracts and are all questionable. There is no way of ever recouping the massive fees we paid for any of them at this current trajectory, or getting value out of them on the field

so if Chelsea doesn't finish top 4 again they're gonna be very ****ed without that CL money 2 years in a row right?
Probably but in terms of expectations, for almost a billion spent in a year, they should be challenging for the title tbh :lol:

Especially with only playing 1 match a week this season without European footy.

This Bayern Classic Logo is better than their badge.

1691985538584.png

Definitely not ready for a legit title challenge, but top 5 for CL footy next season should be the bare minimum target this season.

But I have no clue what missing out on the CL for another season would mean. None of us really knows how FFP works, as much as we’d like to think we do.

We also don’t know what kind of financial shenanigans Boehly and Co are doing to make this all work out. I have to believe they have taken FFP and EPL spending rules into consideration

But I completely agree, with this kind of spending a title should be the target in the next coming 1-2 seasons

one of the worst matches i’ve ever seen. so much time wasting and bs and barely any football. added time was just more time for getafe to waste and foul

Caicedo coming in does push the target higher on our end of season goal but Nkunku being out until probably December still hurts. Its gonna be fight and it puts on timer on Pochettino but hopefully he was prepped for that when he signed.

I'm going to assume baseball money and private capital money can keep us afloat for a while. If concession prices at Dodger Stadium have to go up to the make the dream work in London they have my stamp of approval.

Back
Top Bottom