OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup and Copa America underway

The Netflix documentary The Final: Attack on Wembley is great. It reaffirms my view on those disgusting fans that broke into the final. If not for the Brothas getting slurred up I was happy they lost.

Like I said a while back, also disgusting how they tried to scapegoat foreign fans for the IG comments when you had people IN PERSON being destructive, abusing minority staff members, defacing black players’ murals, etc. Nobody flew over from Bangladesh or Indonesia to do that &$@& yet somehow those two countries were at fault.

I’ve actually been seeing this more and more lately. For some reason South/Southeast Asian and Middle Eastern fans always get brought up these days via some racist jokes or negative comments by some Europeans and Americans whenever there’s some discussion about the sport. I remember back in the day it was African fans who got the same treatment when they were the biggest foreign base, so I’m not surprised

Also, people watching the Euros randomly talking about “glad it’s not in some @&@$ hole in the desert where you can’t get drunk in public” “glad there’s a tournament not being held in some far away third world country” not even being subtle about their racism and alcoholism at this point.

I guess no one other than Europeans/Westerners are allowed to watch and enjoy the sport according to these people.

Does Pep's system help or hurt players on the NT level? Silva and Foden just don't look the same and it's really sad

I think it’s more of them playing under garbage managers who think players’ natural talents are good enough to win.

Even just a decent manager would help stop Bernardo Silva’s bad habits and stop playing other players out of position, but that’s never been Portugal’s way. They just love to hire managers who cripple the team with zero tactics and bizarre lineups no matter how often this leads to barely scraping by or losing to weaker competition.

i would say rodri doesn’t belong here but a point is being made
1718751621282.png
I think people are really trying to hard to push this narrative and are just nitpicking these games now and ignoring the ones that played great like Ake and Akanji. Rodri and KDB were good in their games they did what they usually do, KDBs play would’ve lead to a couple goals if not for lukaku. Doku to me did have the worst game of anyone mistake lead to a goal and was largely ineffective on the attack outside of one early moment. Gvardiol Croatia got pistol whipped on the whole I’m not gonna read to much into that. And the Bernardo thing he’s better CM but he plays enough on the RW he should be more effective there but that formation Portugal played was some FIFA tactics. Foden didn’t have a good game but people acting like he’s the only player on that England team who didn’t do much that first match is ridiculous trippier was doing nothing at LB, Trent in midfield ended up being pointless, Kane did nothing either and a lot of that stems from southgate not putting dudes in position to get the best out of them and him being really passive after they take a lead like always.

In all these games outside the Spain one where bad team performances regardless of the result.

Sidebar I really hate these ratings these websites try to do for football I swear I never seen one that actually feels right :lol: those ratings for KDB and Rodri are silly. A goal or assist sway they rating too much at times.

Keep football affordable man.. Americans are gonna ruin this like we do with everything else smh

Back
Top Bottom