OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: European club season starting this week. Pochettino named new USA coach

Who wins the 2024/25 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Liverpool

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Aston Villa

• Tottenham

• Chelsea

• Newcastle

• Manchester United

• Other

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

20231205_103218.jpg

I was listening to the new episode of World Soccer Talk podcast this morning, listened to the first 15 minutes. Interesting topic about growth of leagues in America, in terms of popularity and viewership. The EPL is basically an outlier as it still grows despite a majority of matches being behind streaming. LigaMX is the second most popular but it has gone down in TV ratings, I’m sure part of that is because of cord cutting. Despite having American stars this season, Serie A hasn’t budged and the Bundesliga didn’t really budge either when it had a bunch of Americans playing over there. ESPN/ABC might show a El Clasico on TV but that’s about it. We know how they feel about footy. Gonna finish the rest of the episode once I finish my finals.

I was listening to the new episode of World Soccer Talk podcast this morning, listened to the first 15 minutes. Interesting topic about growth of leagues in America, in terms of popularity and viewership. The EPL is basically an outlier as it still grows despite a majority of matches being behind streaming. LigaMX is the second most popular but it has gone down in TV ratings, I’m sure part of that is because of cord cutting. Despite having American stars this season, Serie A hasn’t budged and the Bundesliga didn’t really budge either when it had a bunch of Americans playing over there. ESPN/ABC might show a El Clasico on TV but that’s about it. We know how they feel about footy. Gonna finish the rest of the episode once I finish my finals.

Would love to know how this is influenced by streaming services.

EPL is played on USA and NBC and they are part of cable subscriptions here in the states. Peacock is extra but i don't pay for that. I do have a paramount subscription and watch Serie A. But i don't know anyone else that has that. I don't have ESPN+ so i rarely watch la liga. Something tells me most americans just have regular cable and it allows them EPL coverage and thats about it. (not counting MLS which is played on ESPN regular i think?)

Why are BOTH Kansas City's hosting a match for next year's Cope America?! Chicago got snubbed :smh:

Clowns literally admitted they love United in crisis a few days ago and constant negativity is great for business :lol: :smh:

Fergie used to do the same with dishonest journos, and so did Mou and LVG. Funny enough, things are unfolding literally the same exact way they have since 2013...

It's gotten all so predictable, peep the timestamp :lol:

Why I truly can't be bothered over sacking another manager or not rn. Nothing's gonna change until there's a shake-up at the top and that's something fans have known for years, so have the former managers/coaches who have come and gone. The culture of mediocrity is cyclical at this point and starts in the front office and trickles right down to the training ground and youth set up.

Ten Hag is out here banning the media like a Trump did 😭

1701796677748.jpeg
Lets be honest... Journalism has taken a real nosedive in terms of credibility and professionalism... I applaud the club taking a stand. I'll remind you, Adam Crafton is not banned.. hes the guy who posted the internal issues with staff over Mason coming back, etc.. if they were just trying to silence all critical journalism he wouldn't be allowed... its deff targeted at dishonest media.. and I'm all fo rit.

Lets be honest... Journalism has taken a real nosedive in terms of credibility and professionalism... I applaud the club taking a stand. I'll remind you, Adam Crafton is not banned.. hes the guy who posted the internal issues with staff over Mason coming back, etc.. if they were just trying to silence all critical journalism he wouldn't be allowed... its deff targeted at dishonest media.. and I'm all fo rit.

Banning media members from press conferences is never a good idea.

Banning media members from press conferences is never a good idea
I disagree... I think you have a right to protect your employees. General public doesn't have time or energy to decipher who/what is real. These stories are then leveraged on an employee to explain whether they are real or not.. Journalism should be held accountable for the information they print.. this is a step in that direction.. thats the problem with today, no one is accountable for their actions.

Back
Top Bottom