OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

I honestly cannot say I have ever seen anybody offer namesets from the Brazilian league. Only jerseys with the names already on them.

Guy on ebay has a few seasons. Reached out about 2018 and nothing since I sent photo references. Can't even find a quality place to make a replica nameset. Might be an impossible find at this point.

Talks broke down or because it was just announced they won't be in the CL again after those sanctions? :lol:

Any chance he ends up back in Spain? He showed that he's still got enough juice for another season or 2 in Europe's top leagues imo

Yes. You're being forced to show support for something you don't for the sake of your livelihood.
Solidarity with a marginalized and oppressed group should not be taboo and religion should not dictate if gay people are recognized as human beings. Nobody is forcing these players to kiss another man; they are doing literally the least, in terms of showing support.

Talks broke down or because it was just announced they won't be in the CL again after those sanctions? :lol:

Since the beginning of the season they were moving back and forth on keeping him. First they said they were gonna have to sell him and others due to the fines and FFP. Then they started winning and they said he was going to stay. And then now he's leaving. :lol:

Solidarity with a marginalized and oppressed group should not be taboo and religion should not dictate if gay people are recognized as human beings. Nobody is forcing these players to kiss another man; they are doing literally the least, in terms of showing support.
I disgree. Everyone has their beliefs.i can respect that. Doesn't mean I have to support it. Being forced to wear supporting for support is ridiculous.

Their religion dictates their status on that topic. Whether we agree/disagree with it, they should be allowed to respectfully decline to wear something that doesn't align with their beliefs.

Their religion dictates their status on that topic. Whether we agree/disagree with it, they should be allowed to respectfully decline to wear something that doesn't align with their beliefs.
I disagree. Publicly denouncing equality is under the guise of religion is a ******* farce. Religion doesn't give you (generally speaking) the right to discriminate and tell other people they're less-than. "Gay" is not a lifestyle. Its a personal identity that shouldn't be discriminated against, regardless of religious beliefs.

Where would the energy be if there were players that refused to take part in the game because they share the field with black players?

I disagree. Publicly denouncing equality is under the guise of religion is a ****ing farce. Religion doesn't give you (generally speaking) the right to discriminate and tell other people they're less-than. "Gay" is not a lifestyle. Its a personal identity that shouldn't be discriminated against, regardless of religious beliefs.

Where would the energy be if there were players that refused to take part in the game because they share the field with black players?
Apples to oranges. People's bedroom business has nothing to do with skin color.

I disagree. Publicly denouncing equality is under the guise of religion is a ****ing farce. Religion doesn't give you (generally speaking) the right to discriminate and tell other people they're less-than. "Gay" is not a lifestyle. Its a personal identity that shouldn't be discriminated against, regardless of religious beliefs.

There has to be a realization that's a Western take on a multi-culture topic. Muslim players don't take the Alcohol after winning man of the match, fast during ramadan, etc. If those actions are long accepted to be deemed following islamic law, how is their outrage when it translates to social issues?

Can't have it both ways. The world is not just Western Morality. People are bound to their religious and social constructs and it's disingenuous to expect them to conform to Western Standards just because it's seen as "morally right". Again, they should be allowed to respectful say "My religion does not agree with that, I will sit out of the game".

EDIT: I don't want this topic to derail the thread so this might be my last post about it. Yeah, this is my last post on the topic.

Last edited:

Any chance he ends up back in Spain? He showed that he's still got enough juice for another season or 2 in Europe's top leagues imo

he wanted to come to barca last szn but the club chose raphinha. if the messi thing happens, i wouldn’t doubt he offers himself to barca again. i’d take him over the rumored carrasco any day of the week

There has to be a realization that's a Western take on a multi-culture topic. Muslim player don't take the Alcohol after winning man of the match, fast during ramadan, etc. If those actions are long accepted to be deemed following islamic law, how is their outrage when it translates to social issues?

Can't have it both ways. The world is not just Western Morality. People are bound to their religious and social constructs and it's disingenuous to expect them to conform to Western Standards just because it's seen as "moral right". Again, they should be allowed to respectful say "My religion does not agree with that, I will sit out of the game".
And they can accept the consequences of their actions then. Hiding behind "but muh religion" isn't a catch-all to avoid consequences of discrimination. I'm not going to say "damn I guess you're right - keep fighting against the right for my sister to live ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" and be okay with it. There's differences between fasting, affecting yourself, and denying the recognition of others being human beings, affecting others.

Did you hit up Yank Threads? He might be able to print it for you.

I reached out to them a few weeks ago and he said he didn't carry any. I just reached out again about a replica.

It's actually kinda crazy how hard it is to find namesets. Shouldn't be, it shares the same blocking as the world cup from that year.

Clearly not. I don't want to see what you do. Comparing race to peoples sexual lifestyle and desires is insulting.
You and I both know it's not a competition. Obviously... again, OBVIOUSLY... the history of racism and the effects that that mental illeness had on the world is the most disgusting display of humanties worst atrocities. Not a competition at all.

Sexual discrimination is another form of bigotry that marginalizes and attacks a group of people, resulting in tragedies that people like me do not have to worry about. To say it again, discrimination against gays has not and never will be equitable to the discrimination against black and brown people. Ever. We are in full agreement on this topic.

PUBLIC DISCRIMINATION of others based on things they can't control, should never be acceptable in western or eastern cultures. I've known plenty of Muslims who accept, love and support gay people. This is not an attack on their religion - it's an attack on the idea that they can hide behind religion to discriminate against others.

You and I both know it's not a competition. Obviously... again, OBVIOUSLY... the history of racism and the effects that that mental illeness had on the world is the most disgusting display of humanties worst atrocities. Not a competition at all.

Sexual discrimination is another form of bigotry that marginalizes and attacks a group of people, resulting in tragedies that people like me do not have to worry about. To say it again, discrimination against gays has not and never will be equitable to the discrimination against black and brown people. Ever. We are in full agreement on this topic.

PUBLIC DISCRIMINATION of others based on things they can't control, should never be acceptable in western or eastern cultures. I've known plenty of Muslims who accept, love and support gay people. This is not an attack on their religion - it's an attack on the idea that they can hide behind religion to discriminate against others.
So because they don't want to wear a rainbow jersey means they are discriminating against them? Give me a break.

Back
Top Bottom