OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not that anyone cared but I purchased this hoodie from prosoccer.com.

IMG_2515.png

It arrived just before my Hawaiian vacation so I have submitted a return request.

I’ve had this gut feeling for a while but genuinely feel like Mbappe will hurt Madrid more than help at least initially next year.

His best years are already behind him (still top 5 player just probably won’t reach the levels he’s been at previously). A lot of his worse habits seems to have grown (doesn’t track back, doesn’t make as many runs, ball sticks to his feet way more) and while he’s still a next level athlete, doesn’t quite have those 19-23 age jets that he did a couple years ago.

I’ve had this gut feeling for a while but genuinely feel like Mbappe will hurt Madrid more than help at least initially next year.

His best years are already behind him (still top 5 player just probably won’t reach the levels he’s been at previously). A lot of his worse habits seems to have grown (doesn’t track back, doesn’t make as many runs, ball sticks to his feet way more) and while he’s still a next level athlete, doesn’t quite have those 19-23 age jets that he did a couple years ago.
I understand questions about exact fit in the formation, even though Carlo became Carlo for his work with this exact sort of dilemma :lol:.

Let's take a pause and remember the fact that he's 25 years old and just put up 58 G+A in 48 matches this season and is joining the defending CL champs...he'll be fine :lol:

Him struggling in a mediocre NT side under a haram ball expert manager isn't a referendum on his career or a sign of an impending fall off. There's a great chance that he ties Klose's all time record for most ever goals at the WC in 2 years time, he's just 4 away rn.

We can relax and enjoy major tourneys for what they are, one-off knockout tournaments without using them to predict players futures and fortunes when we've all seen plenty of players light it up during them only to fail to replicate that form for their clubs after and vice versa.

Do you think that having guys like Vinny and Jude will put him in better situations to succeed? I think the national team turned into PSG lite where he is having to do everything just to make it happen. Guys like Dembele ride his coattails. Having a real coach in Carlo will also help.

Him, Vini, Rodrygo all play best when their on the left. You can say Mbappe will move to striker but easier said than done, he’s not the most physical guy or biggest aerial threat. He beats people on the wing.

It’s not a simple solution and classically this problem when their is a glut of superstar talent in the same position leads to people being unhappy.

I hope it works, cause I’ll enjoy watching it if it does, I’m just far from sold and history has proven super teams are more complicated that always perceived.

Him, Vini, Rodrygo all play best when their on the left. You can say Mbappe will move to striker but easier said than done, he’s not the most physical guy or biggest aerial threat. He beats people on the wing.

It’s not a simple solution and classically this problem when their is a glut of superstar talent in the same position leads to people being unhappy.

I hope it works, cause I’ll enjoy watching it if it does, I’m just far from sold and history has proven super teams are more complicated that always perceived.
I was a huge PSGeetles fan when Messi came over but they could never put it together.

One more semifinal coming up in slightly under an hour...

Not expecting too much results wise but just hope they can give them a decent fight like opening day, for Tajon at least.

Maybe they can even make things slightly interesting if they're more clinical than they were that first game :lol: :nerd:

Welp, cool as you like from Alvarez, he loves a goal against Canada :lol:

Effectively nullifies a positive start and opening 20 minutes from Canada

Back
Top Bottom