Official French Montana Thread

from that to now..i mean french still sounds the same so I dont understand why his cd isn't killin his mixtapes

Last edited:
very very delicate sounding album, this joint is easy on the ear, unlike the collage of crap ASAP put out, i aint worried bout nothing snuck up on me.
i avoided all leaks ans singles because i was looking forwarded to the project, and MAAANN that song is like a more believable version of "Started from the bottom"
straight style jack but he did it so good though. still reviewing the album.

Album is alright. Coke Wave is miles better and is French's apex we will never hear nothing like that from him ever again
umm coke boys 2 was better then coke wave though :lol:

This. The sound quality on those Coke Wave tapes is garbage. Some of the tracks don't even have bass in 'em. I can't get jiggy with that ***.

French and those boys was in a zone on Coke Boys 2 and Harry Fraud on the beats. :smh: :pimp:

very very delicate sounding album, this joint is easy on the ear, unlike the collage of crap ASAP put out, i aint worried bout nothing snuck up on me.
i avoided all leaks ans singles because i was looking forwarded to the project, and MAAANN that song is like a more believable version of "Started from the bottom"
straight style jack but he did it so good though. still reviewing the album.

No way in hell is this album better than Rocky's, especially on the production side. The beats on here sound like they were ripped straight from a FreeBandz or GBE D-teamer's mixtape. *replays his mixtapes*

Last edited:
I knew son wouldn't put up good numbers but got damn :lol:

Oh well, as long as he keeps putting out heat like the Mac & Cheese and Coke Boys tapes I'm good.

F L O P

Label was looking to do 150-200

Don't know why they didn't put the album out around Thanksgiving and Christmas. Album sales are great around that time and Pop That was pretty big.

Album sucked compared to his mixtapes. Happy this **** flopped.

He got heavy promotion too.
Diddy and RoZay have both been blowing him and his album up for MONTHs. Commercials, appearances, social media promotions from all kinda sources...

Dudes been everywhere. And the album STILL flopped.

With all that promotion rappers like Kendrick, Cole, and Big Sean would of probably went Gold their first week.

Say hello to many more mixtapes to come, cuz the label ain't givin this dude another album for at least 3 or 4 years...if that. No excuse to only sell 49k with that much promotion, other than people just simply not liking the material.

laugh.gif
 ny takes another L. makes the L even bigger because some said he was the "king of NY" and the "best thing in Ny." also "album of the decade" 

:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

WHAT a waste of time for diddy. 

Really was though. Im sure he DIdnt invest all that time and money for no damn 49k I bet he could of kept Day 26, promoted them, and sold a lot more than that... :lol:

I know it seems like "oh it's just a couple tweets, it ain't like diddy did much"...

Yeah right. Even if it was just a few tweets or IG posts (which it wasn't)... A tweet from diddy is probably the best Internet promotion you could get. Priceless. Dudes words reach millions around the world. Dudes pictures on IG reach another group of millions. Dude really is a walking talking billboard for planet earth.

You know if he's constantly promoting you to the masses and giving his constant co-sign, and you still flop... Your album must flat out just ******g suck :lol:

album should of drop around when shot callers was buzzin heavy

It woulda been worse if it came out around that time. A lot of people outside of NY didn't know who the hell he was then. People don't take French serious as a rapper and he doesn't fit in with the new tight skinny jean wearing crowd either.

Last edited:
No, he should have dropped when pop that was hot and shot caller was dying down. Which I guess was really far apart in time but whatever. he had the marketing but the pushbacks and the tracks that were left off or didn't make it ruined his chances. The tracks that made the cut are horrible. son should have just went with Ross who has a good ear.

He had terrible timing with this album & the push backs really hurt him... He should've put out Shot Caller, then Pop That, then the album right after.

Damn.......I though son was gonna sell more than that. I didn't even end up buyin it.

Back
Top Bottom