Official French Open 2010 thread: Who ya got

That was pretty ridiculous... Fognini even got a point-penalty (apparently for delaying and arguing? but where was the warning?), which was a clear injustice.

Monfils didn't have his legs during those last 2 games and was just rolling his serve in... But it'll be interesting to see, tomorrow, if it was fatigue or injury.
Fognini should have won it right there though.

That was pretty ridiculous... Fognini even got a point-penalty, which was a clear injustice.
I don't know how it was decided that he would get a penalty. They both went back and forth to the chair two or three times.

I'm not even sure how it was decided that they would continue playing. It seemed like the head referee was letting them plead their cases and went with Monfils' suggestion to continue.

Normally, as you know, its warning, point-penalty, game-penalty and default. I didn't hear the warning, and it seemed like Carlos just went straight to the point-penalty. Of course the crowd was so loud that we probably didn't hear the warning.

Clearly the head ref had concerns and yet he would allow them to play on. When one player says its too dark, it should be good enough of a reason to call it. Strange indeed.
EDIT ~ Over on TT, they're saying he initially wanted to continue, but then his coaches told him to stop play... by then it was too late, as the decision had already been made.  That makes much more sense.  You can't backtrack.  

EDIT ~ Over on TT, they're saying he initially wanted to continue,but then his coaches told him to stop play... by then it was too late,as the decision had already been made.  That makes much more sense. You can't backtrack. 

That's exactly what I thought. I even had that in my original post, but McEnroe convinced me otherwise and I edited it.

I'm really surprised that it took officials THAT long to stop the match.

But really Monfils... you should have closed him out in straight sets.

Gael heart pumps kool aid. he's the black Roddick without a GS title
smh.gif

Monfeces shows up again. This guy is a clown and I'm sick of his antics all his shuckin and jivin like he's a bafoon is embarrassing.

Wish I could post more in this thread but good work on keeping up with it guys.

I can't stand Monfils... his antics might get a bit irritating sometimes, but the biggest issue I have with him is that despite all his on-court stuff, his game hasn't lived up to expectations. Lots of hit or miss stuff from him... no consistency.

It was pretty dark... ok, the camera might not have captured that much light, but still, it was too dark for tennis. Sunset was supposedly at around 9:40PM... the game was suspended at around 9:55PM.
6eeef365a6b516302aca20b3d0e2620a-getty-98397886di117_2010_french_o.jpg

Anyway... check out these goofs.

Great day of tennis on American TV today. While the Federer/Wawarinka & Soderling/Cilic matches are going on we get to watch the Williams sisters play doubles on the Tennis Channel. Also while the Murray/Berdych match is going on we get to see the Venus/Petrova match on tape delay. Great job by the tv networks...

I may be crazy but I think Bellucci may give Rafa a tight match today. This match up should be interesting.

American tennis coverage is absolute basura. Venus and Serena doubles matches while fed is playing? I hate espn. Rafa played sloppy vs belluci, way too many UE. Still won in straights though

Very nervous about the fed vs sod rematch. Robin looks to be playing very good tennis right. Could he end Feds semi streak like he did rafas perfect record at Roland garros last year?

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

American tennis coverage is absolute basura. Venus and Serena doubles matches while fed is playing? I hate espn. Rafa played sloppy vs belluci, way too many UE. Still won in straights though
No surprise here... ESPN focuses too much on the American players.  Their French Open "top story" on ESPN.com a few days ago was something about Robby Ginepri being the last American standing, with some "by the way" stories on Fed, Rafa or Justine advancing.  I understand ESPN's interest in American tennis... but a Ginepri story over the other top seeds?  Really?  Come on.  Glad I don't get my RG coverage from them.
I didn't watch the Rafa/Belluci match, but was he that bad?  He had 27 UE's, which relatively speaking isn't too bad (9 per set on average).  Rafa did say it was his best match of the tournament so far... 

At one point rafa was at. 22 winners to 21 UE. On his standards that's Poor. He ended the match strong though, atleast he gets to play his slave almagro next. Should win in straights, almagro is a below average mover and nadal always plays him well.

Anyone watching Fed v Sod?

For a minute there, I thought that was Tinker (in the blue Nike jacket) sitting next to Mirka... 
nerd.gif

The ESPN3 feed absolutely killed my computer, I'm relegated to refreshing the box score.

Sucks that Wozniacki lost, wanted to see her and Serena.

Ok, thats most definitely Tinker... I think.
Schiavone played really well.  Caroline had no chance.

And he's done it!

In 4 sets too! WOW.

He was really serving well and hitting the hell out of the ball! Thoroughly deserved!

Soderling ~ "Nobody beats me 13 times in a row!"... I just made that up, but its the truth. 
tongue.gif

38e250aee4815fc8624678145d5df0a4-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros.jpg

712e8b974b3f948c90e22e23c3ae72bf-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros.jpg

Down goes Fed! Down goes Fed!

Soderling's hard hitting and pace on the forehand sealed the W for him.....

Chjoker... he was up 2 sets to love too... 
Anyway here are your semifinalists.  

a51438bc9132ba70124b5946d8b97e72-getty-98543671mw147_2010_french_o.jpg

612922f171f2947c916007e31188bacd-getty-98355911mw109_2010_french_o.jpg

786e75812f4f5a78bbe0da10b0a90497-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros.jpg

04c4fc6e09e0fd83320e9bcf69ba774c-getty-98451372mw105_2010_french_o.jpg

00d1617c1083512e8b4e1e080fd08223-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros.jpg

d0443a1cb422d8c50129136af7f3a762-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros.jpg

f38821058bc10bbc187bff821e2de354-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros.jpg

9f78f59c46e3067dc38f7191d873e7fe-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros.jpg

Back
Top Bottom