Official Game 2: 05/06 Houston Rockets @ Los Angeles Lakers 7:30PM PST TNT

my confidence in my boys is sky high right now, wheather we win by 1 or 21, WE WILL WIN TONIGHT

lets get it
pimp.gif

pulling for the rockets, but i still think the lakers will win this hard fought series. kobe and phil knows their window of opportunity is closing in on himand i expect him to step it up (will the other lakers do so?). whether they win the championship, who knows. they havent really brought "it"consistently in the playoffs like cleveland and denver.

as for the game:

i expect the lakers to play much better. kobe looking to get gasol going early and being more aggressive as the gm goes on, but battier will make him work asusual. just dont put kobe at the line for free pts!!! if gasol or odom goes off, lakers will probably win. bynum has been a non-factor this whole playoffs, soanything is a positive.

rockets need a smart ron ron (dont wake up kobe or try to do it himself), agressive AB attacking and not over dribbling (fisher def cant check him and IMO, themore shannon plays, i think he will be exposed), give yao his touches EVERY possesion and he needs to stay away from foul trouble (no dumb fatigue fouls),battier and scola must knock down their open shots.

rockets need more production from their bench. von needs to keep his cool when vujacic is guarding him and stop making careless turnovers or brent will probtake his minutes. lowry needs to continue to penetrate the lakers d. and do what he does best- getting layups or heading to ft line, landry has to make animpact when he is on the floor. chuck will prob get some mins on bynum, hopefully he can prevent bynum from getting good post position.

you know they have a ton of confidence now, and especially going back to houston knowing they have home court advantage. houston playing with house money rightnow, but they have to stay hungry and get greedy.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by franchise3

Bynum to the bench. Odom to start.

Hmmm..
Yeah, I called for that in the Laker season thread. It worked out in the Utah series, it's some sort of mind thing with Odom I think.

But it does show that Phil will adjust to some things, thas good. We'll see if it works now.

I'm out for the night, stuff to do and then the game tonight. See ya'll in here in the morning. Enjoy the game everyone.
pimp.gif

whoever starts and doesnt start...they better bring their A game regardless

If Fisher plays big minutes against Brooks I have no confidence in us winning this game.

Come on Phil you were willing to take out Bynum take out Fish too. Just for this series.

Originally Posted by franchise3

laugh.gif

Lakers cringe at the notion of Farmar playing big minutes.

Honestly, I think Brooks is too quick for any of the Lakers guards.

The point is to play team defense and funnel Brooks to an area that they want him to play from not to have the whole court to use as he pleases.

There would be nothing better today than a Barca Win and a Laker Loss! And no, I'm not a rocket's fan but I simply dislike the lakers.

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

If Fisher plays big minutes against Brooks I have no confidence in us winning this game.

Come on Phil you were willing to take out Bynum take out Fish too. Just for this series.
Amen.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Are they going to double Yao or they content with Yao killing them?

Knowing Phil, I think they'll keep going 1 on 1 against Yao.

I would through in Mbenga to bang with him at some point.

When the shot clock gets close to expiring, our defense becomes
sick.gif

If we could only defend for 24 secs each possession, and fastbreak more...

Come to think about, the Lakers would be better off starting Odom at the 4. Gasol and Bynum starting is a match up thats in Houston's favor, they match upmuch better tempo wise. With Pau and Center, Lamar at the 4, thats match up is more in the lakers favor instead of the Roxs, Lamar can Pau can out run Yao andScola down the floor.This is a must win for the Lakers, i doubt they're losing this game. Lakers will hit their shots unlike the last game. I doubt theRoxs will hit shots out of their $!+$@ again like in game 1.

damn lakers better win this game, and Fisher plays less mins please. dude cant guard for +*$$

103-100

Rockets....

By the way Rockets fans... there MAY be some seats released for fridays game the day of... be checking periodically throughout the day if you dont have yourtickets yet...

Im ready for this game and i know the rockets are too.. Lets go H-TOWN.. We win this game we got this series for sure but we dont not a big deal we got homecourt and did what we needed win in l.a. and send a message by letting people know we are forreal.. wont be posting much but will be watchin.. Then im goin togame 3 and 4..

I cant wait for the game! I'm back in Houston so I get to finally see a playoff game with some family and friends.
pimp.gif

If Rockets win it will be hard for the Lakers to come back.

Originally Posted by HtownRox14

103-100

Rockets....

By the way Rockets fans... there MAY be some seats released for fridays game the day of... be checking periodically throughout the day if you dont have your tickets yet...
Thanks for the heads up. I've been looking for tickets for Friday's game and I just can't find any reasonable prices
tired.gif

LET'S GO CLUTCH FANS!!!!!!!!

man Im so pumped for this game, got the drinks ready and all that, realtalk if we somehow steal game 2 we are looking in VERY GOODSHAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lakers CANNOT lose this game...

Hopefully they got the memo that the playoffs started.

Still, 12 wins to go.

LETS
GO
LAY
KURZ!!!

^^im pumped too bought snacks and drinks...should be a good game, the pressure is on the lakers so i expect them to come out fighting....

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

LET'S GO CLUTCH FANS!!!!!!!!

man Im so pumped for this game, got the drinks ready and all that, realtalk if we somehow steal game 2 we are looking in VERY GOOD SHAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're going for Houston Crank ?

Back
Top Bottom