Official Game 2: 05/06 Houston Rockets @ Los Angeles Lakers 7:30PM PST TNT

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

they should make a movie about ron artest

I would pay to watch that
ticket comes with a free copy of his album
laugh.gif

Anyways.. if the Rockets can manage the pace at home, I like their chances.. They proved a lot tonight to me..
Should've just sat Yao though.. Hayes and Landry were giving the Lakers fits with their hustle and energy and solid d..

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:

Ask Spike Lee and how he almost canceled his movie do to Kobe's douche baggery. Guarantee you that movie is like a 30 minute Kobe propaganda film.

This is how I feel about Kobe and the persona, but this does not effect my basketball opinions, the fact that Kobe is the best player on the planet. He just
happens to also be the biggest douche on the planet.

Because he knows he is the best at what he does? Because he will tell a player he can't guard him? That the face guarding doesn't work? Because of his
personal life being made public? If you had skills like that I guarauntee you that you would be boasting about it. I mean nobody can guard him 1 on 1. His
personal life is his personal life, how does that affect you? Get over it dude, worry about yourself, I bet Kobe doesn't lose one ounce of sleep because he
is up thinking about how you don't like him.
Seriously now. If we judged bball players by what they only do on the court and not off the court, there will be totally different perceptions on players like ron artest, starbury, etc. We, fans, hear stories like how artest is from queensbridge and how he grew up in the hood and everything. With that, we stereotypically assume he is a straight ghetto dude or whatvr. Same with other players that came from real grimey areas. Now back to Kobe. Kobe grew up in Italy and played in Philly too. He was from the suburbs. And once again, stereotypically, we expect suburbanites to play with less "swagger" in their game and etc. But what we see from Kobe is quite the opposite. I don't even need bring up his personal life. Kobe can be cocky all he want but he didn't grow up in that kind of environment that suggests he would be like that. It is a stereotype but at the same time, we, the public have made it a stereotype. If Yao Ming started talking trash like Kobe... Fans would be clownin him too. But Yao Ming doesn't. He plays his part in the stereotype of Asians. Not saying you have to stay within your stereotype, but come on, there will be hate and there will be dislike when you try to change or be different. Especially, when you try to hard to be something you are not. Word to Kobe Bryant feat. Tyra Banks - K.O.B.E. And besides, Kobe is and was never an underdog in life. I don't hate on people that have been well off ever since birth, but people need to play their part and be respectful too.

That was the dumbest thing I have ever read

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Chuck: *Looks under table* I'm looking for something
Kenny: What are you looking for?
Chuck: Andrew Bynum

eek.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

lmao the nba is the worst ... ron gets a foul called on him for getting elbowed .... ... .. ... ... @*!% that and @*!% kobe talkin about he wont back down yearight ron would @*!% his life up ... *@$%%! *%$*+ %@@ #*@!# ... kobe is a %#!*#*

Yeah, can't believe people are complaining about the physicality of this game. Yet, people complain that the NBA has gone too soft.

People really need to watch the way the Knicks played in the 90's, and Pistons in the 80's.

Nothing dirty, just good, intense, playoff basketball.

Ain't fisher the players ref also for the NBAPA? Take his *%%+ away and give it to Mutombo
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Originally Posted by ShaunJon

Kobe=JayZ, MJ=Nas
Honestly, I don't know a thing about hip hop/rap.

You're going to have to explain that.
laugh.gif
Nas>Jay-Z

Jay-Z bit some of Nas' material back in the day off of Illmatic, the only reason reasonable doubt was such a good album
laugh.gif

Craftsy21:
23ska909red02:
Craftsy21:
Seriously - somehow Shaquille O'Neal convinced several million people that Kobe was the devil and you guys have never looked back since... you wanna talk about a manipulator, i think you Kobe haters are the ones who have been manipulated here.
laugh.gif

Or... people didn't like Kobe before Shaq and Kobe were even feuding, and then eventually, years later, the feud between Shaq and Kobe caused those people to like Kobe even less.

I mean, there's always that possibility.

Ska - i was here.. on NT... when Shaq and Kobe were together... and you never heard a word around these parts about Kobe being a "dirty human being".

All of a sudden the Shaq/Kobe feud takes off... Kobe has the trouble with his wife and Colorado... and ever since he's a marked man around these parts, with an entire camp of "haters".
A Kobe hater was a member of a rare breed when I first got onto NT (2001, joined in '03). I remember when I did finally join and I used tocomment about being a Laker fan who couldn't stand Kobe, THREADS WOULD STOP IN THEIR TRACKS.

So I'll give you that.

I'll just say this:

There are very few humans that I can just kick in the head with no remorse. Kobe Bryant is one of them.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Ska - i was here.. on NT... when Shaq and Kobe were together... and you never heard a word around these parts about Kobe being a "dirty human being".

All of a sudden the Shaq/Kobe feud takes off... Kobe has the trouble with his wife and Colorado... and ever since he's a marked man around these parts, with an entire camp of "haters".

Maybe that doesn't mean you - but we're talking about the vast majority of people here.
roll.gif

No disrespect... But you are SO wrong on that.

I remember for a fact that there was quite an anti-Kobe faction on NT. Maybe because FRESH fell back due to mod interference... and Zo got chased away... and KICKS OFF retired to Florida (I mean General).... that you're forgetting what the hate for Kobe was like back then. If I'm not mistaken, there was craziness during the series when he had the airballs. There was hate on the Sunshines... Hate when he first met his broad.... Come on man, don't act like this Kobe hate is new. Dudes BEEN hating him.

Call me Kobe Hater El Presidente! I've been hating on Kobe since day 1! Rookie year! It was kinda irrational but the Shaq feud and the rape incident justjustified it all for me!
pimp.gif

solefob:
I just want to know where all the Lakers fans are who complain about how Kobe plays his game offensively? He played the exact same way he did in game 1.
What major flaws does Kobe have?

Lakers fans y'all gotta admit that tonights game wasn't that good,especially the front court play.

Kobe can't do 40 every game,especially the kind of 40 he got tonight.

Back
Top Bottom