Official Game 2: 05/06 Houston Rockets @ Los Angeles Lakers 7:30PM PST TNT

Originally Posted by mco85

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:

Ask Spike Lee and how he almost canceled his movie do to Kobe's douche baggery. Guarantee you that movie is like a 30 minute Kobe propaganda film.

This is how I feel about Kobe and the persona, but this does not effect my basketball opinions, the fact that Kobe is the best player on the planet. He just
happens to also be the biggest douche on the planet.

Because he knows he is the best at what he does? Because he will tell a player he can't guard him? That the face guarding doesn't work? Because of his
personal life being made public? If you had skills like that I guarauntee you that you would be boasting about it. I mean nobody can guard him 1 on 1. His
personal life is his personal life, how does that affect you? Get over it dude, worry about yourself, I bet Kobe doesn't lose one ounce of sleep because he
is up thinking about how you don't like him.
Seriously now. If we judged bball players by what they only do on the court and not off the court, there will be totally different perceptions on players like ron artest, starbury, etc. We, fans, hear stories like how artest is from queensbridge and how he grew up in the hood and everything. With that, we stereotypically assume he is a straight ghetto dude or whatvr. Same with other players that came from real grimey areas. Now back to Kobe. Kobe grew up in Italy and played in Philly too. He was from the suburbs. And once again, stereotypically, we expect suburbanites to play with less "swagger" in their game and etc. But what we see from Kobe is quite the opposite. I don't even need bring up his personal life. Kobe can be cocky all he want but he didn't grow up in that kind of environment that suggests he would be like that. It is a stereotype but at the same time, we, the public have made it a stereotype. If Yao Ming started talking trash like Kobe... Fans would be clownin him too. But Yao Ming doesn't. He plays his part in the stereotype of Asians. Not saying you have to stay within your stereotype, but come on, there will be hate and there will be dislike when you try to change or be different. Especially, when you try to hard to be something you are not. Word to Kobe Bryant feat. Tyra Banks - K.O.B.E. And besides, Kobe is and was never an underdog in life. I don't hate on people that have been well off ever since birth, but people need to play their part and be respectful too.

That was the dumbest thing I have ever read

Just my opinion man. Feel free to explain why Kobe gets hated besides the whole he copies MJ thing.

Originally Posted by mco85

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:

Ask Spike Lee and how he almost canceled his movie do to Kobe's douche baggery. Guarantee you that movie is like a 30 minute Kobe propaganda film.

This is how I feel about Kobe and the persona, but this does not effect my basketball opinions, the fact that Kobe is the best player on the planet. He just
happens to also be the biggest douche on the planet.

Because he knows he is the best at what he does? Because he will tell a player he can't guard him? That the face guarding doesn't work? Because of his
personal life being made public? If you had skills like that I guarauntee you that you would be boasting about it. I mean nobody can guard him 1 on 1. His
personal life is his personal life, how does that affect you? Get over it dude, worry about yourself, I bet Kobe doesn't lose one ounce of sleep because he
is up thinking about how you don't like him.
Seriously now. If we judged bball players by what they only do on the court and not off the court, there will be totally different perceptions on players like ron artest, starbury, etc. We, fans, hear stories like how artest is from queensbridge and how he grew up in the hood and everything. With that, we stereotypically assume he is a straight ghetto dude or whatvr. Same with other players that came from real grimey areas. Now back to Kobe. Kobe grew up in Italy and played in Philly too. He was from the suburbs. And once again, stereotypically, we expect suburbanites to play with less "swagger" in their game and etc. But what we see from Kobe is quite the opposite. I don't even need bring up his personal life. Kobe can be cocky all he want but he didn't grow up in that kind of environment that suggests he would be like that. It is a stereotype but at the same time, we, the public have made it a stereotype. If Yao Ming started talking trash like Kobe... Fans would be clownin him too. But Yao Ming doesn't. He plays his part in the stereotype of Asians. Not saying you have to stay within your stereotype, but come on, there will be hate and there will be dislike when you try to change or be different. Especially, when you try to hard to be something you are not. Word to Kobe Bryant feat. Tyra Banks - K.O.B.E. And besides, Kobe is and was never an underdog in life. I don't hate on people that have been well off ever since birth, but people need to play their part and be respectful too.

That was the dumbest thing I have ever read
It's sad that you actually took time to read that essay

Originally Posted by ShaunJon

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Kobe=JayZ, MJ=Nas
Honestly, I don't know a thing about hip hop/rap.

You're going to have to explain that.
laugh.gif
Jay-Z bit some of Nas' material back in the day off of Illmatic, the only reason reasonable doubt was such a good album
laugh.gif
Do not listen to this guy.

so i see the fakers got a nice lead. did the refs take over in the 4th?

nice bush league play by choir boy fisher. im sure he wont be suspended.

Kobe=JayZ, MJ=Nas

laugh.gif
Nas>Jay-Z

Jay-Z bit some of Nas' material back in the day off of Illmatic, the only reason reasonable doubt was such a good album
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
stop it reasonable doubt is classic, he made it ahot line J made it a hot song!!

Originally Posted by sole searchin

Hiding? Why should we hide? We played horribly and need to adjust on the fly better.

Fisher's play was beyond dirty, turned, looked, lowered his shouldered and put his weight into Scola. Should be suspended.
Kobe's play was typical Kobe. Classless, but the foul called on Ron was ridiculous, how was it a foul on Artest at all? What else do you expect from Joey Crawford, the NBA, and Kobe. Overall, call was blown, Kobe was dirty, but Ron overreacted. It was warranted since the call was HORRIBLE but Ron shouldn't have been kicked out. A tech is fine, but not an ejection.

Rockets were not on at all, Lakers were. Laker's get the win.

And why should we hide at all. We went to L.A. no one picked us to win, we were "supposed" to get blown out of the water. But now, we did everything we wanted. A split is great, home court is ours. Why should we hide? Ya'll Laker fanboys are the on whining about everything and crying, we did what we needed to do, you guys didn't. End of story.

Sorry Fanboys, it's a series, it wasn't gonna be a cakewalk.
he clearly had his elbows on top of kobes shoulders/neck first. watch the replay again.

Just saw the Derek Fisher interview...how about you man up and say what you were REALLY trying to do.
smh.gif

The Lakers are sinking down to Utah Jazz status for me. I'm losing respect for the whole dang team.

Originally Posted by baby dill

Just saw the Derek Fisher interview...how about you man up and say what you were REALLY trying to do.
smh.gif

The Lakers are sinking down to Utah Jazz status for me. I'm losing respect for the whole dang team.
good, nobody cares. lakers ftw.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Kobe=JayZ, MJ=Nas

laugh.gif
Nas>Jay-Z

laugh.gif

This guy silly.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Ska - i was here.. on NT... when Shaq and Kobe were together... and you never heard a word around these parts about Kobe being a "dirty human being".

All of a sudden the Shaq/Kobe feud takes off... Kobe has the trouble with his wife and Colorado... and ever since he's a marked man around these parts, with an entire camp of "haters".

Maybe that doesn't mean you - but we're talking about the vast majority of people here.
roll.gif

No disrespect... But you are SO wrong on that.

I remember for a fact that there was quite an anti-Kobe faction on NT. Maybe because FRESH fell back due to mod interference... and Zo got chased away... and KICKS OFF retired to Florida (I mean General).... that you're forgetting what the hate for Kobe was like back then. If I'm not mistaken, there was craziness during the series when he had the airballs. There was hate on the Sunshines... Hate when he first met his broad.... Come on man, don't act like this Kobe hate is new. Dudes BEEN hating him.

Call me Kobe Hater El Presidente! I've been hating on Kobe since day 1! Rookie year! It was kinda irrational but the Shaq feud and the rape incident just justified it all for me!
pimp.gif
Kobe's DEFINITELY been not liked on this side since he became a Laker so you can include me in there too
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 81ackMamba

Yeah, can't believe people are complaining about the physicality of this game. Yet, people complain that the NBA has gone too soft.

People really need to watch the way the Knicks played in the 90's, and Pistons in the 80's.

Nothing dirty, just good, intense, playoff basketball.
Yeah cause D. Fish's pummeling of Scola was good, intense basketball. Not dirty at all with the head turn, a step, shoulder plunge with allhis weight into Scola. Riiighhtttt
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

I'll just say this:

There are very few humans that I can just kick in the head with no remorse. Kobe Bryant is one of them.
And, why is that?

how do they try to make law and order funny, chick is dead "said she was a grad student, shes gona be a couple of credits short" how if that funny incontext???

81ackMamba wrote:
Yeah, can't believe people are complaining about the physicality of this game. Yet, people complain that the NBA has gone too soft.

People really need to watch the way the Knicks played in the 90's, and Pistons in the 80's.

Nothing dirty, just good, intense, playoff basketball.

QFT

a couple of hard fouls are taken, a couple of elbows thrown, and you guys are talking about suspensions?
people complain that the nba has gone soft, but when some physicality is shown, you guys want suspensions?
smh.gif

What a series thus far.

-Sasha Bleeding up Battier
-Kobe kneeling Battier in the face
-Houston Steals one in L.A
-Bynum Goes ghost the last couple games
-Von Wafer gets ejected from his own coach
-Luke Walton Sucking
-Kobe went blazing tonight
-Kobe with cheap elbow shot
-Artest and his crazy stories
-Fisher lays out Scola
-Everyone in Houston has a death note for kobe
-Lamar yapping his mouth
-Scola fighting everyone on the Lakers

I love this series.

lol @ artest.

"when i was younger we played a physical style of basketball in my neighborhood. a friend of mine actually died because someone took the leg out of awooden bench and threw it at my friend, it stabbed him in the heart and he died"

nice story ron
roll.gif

in all seriousness it was wrong for ron to be ejected. he caught an elbow to the throat, didnt initiate anything and was STILL ejected. smh.. dude has a badrep and will always have one as long as hes in the league.

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Kobe=JayZ, MJ=Nas

laugh.gif
Nas>Jay-Z

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
stop it reasonable doubt is classic, he made it a hot line J made it a hot song!!

The point is that Jay bit Nas, just like how people are saying Kobe bites MJ's game

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

I'll just say this:

There are very few humans that I can just kick in the head with no remorse. Kobe Bryant is one of them.
And, why is that?

He's one of those people I can't stand.

You know when you were younger in school there was that kid who was an absolute square, but had a unique talent? And he felt like that talent compensated forhis square-status.

That's how I view this piece of %+@$. I cannot stand this mother +@!@@$.

Back
Top Bottom