Official Game 4: 05/10 Los Angeles Lakers @ Houston Rockets 12:30PM PST ABC

Originally Posted by TheFoteenth

I said it when we lost game one and everyone bashed me but I hope its 100% apparent that we do not want to win a championship. The only person that lives, breathes and sleeps for a ring on our squad is Kobe.

He needs to yell at these purple *@!+$@# and get them pissed off.

And then next season sign Artest and get rid of a few guys.

Could have fooled me with the D he played today.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Sucks that the Rockets are without Yao for the rest of this series, but still doesn't mean that the Rockets are gonna roll over and give the series away.
Lakers need to stat focused.

I like this quote.... honest assesment from a Lakers fan......

Originally Posted by tupac003

I said it when we lost game one and everyone bashed me but I hope its 100% apparent that we do not want to win a championship. The only person that lives, breathes and sleeps for a ring on our squad is Kobe.

It pisses me off too. People praise Kobe for that killer instinct but since he switched to the nice guy team player he doesnt have it as much ashe used to, you only see shades of it now.

I was telling my brother during game 3 that I think Kobe gets off on being able to turn the switch off and on. MJ kept that switch on the entire time he was onthe floor both offensively and defensivly, that was his motiviation, to be the best player on the floor the entire game on both sides of the ball. I think Kobethinks he is either showing his teamates up or trying to get them to get that killer instinct and get aggressive or he truly loves turning it off and on.

Im confused just trying to put it in to words.

i called it earlier on pages 2 and 4 people were od'ing on the i can't wait to watch the lakers blowout talk. well they got blown out just not the typeof blowout i was hoping for.

the rockets were going to rally together without yao but the good thing about when teams rally together when their star player is hurt is that the momentumonly lasts them for one game.

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

i called it earlier on pages 2 and 4 people were od'ing on the i can't wait to watch the lakers blowout talk. well they got blown out just not the type of blowout i was hoping for.

the rockets were going to rally together without yao but the good thing about when teams rally together when their star player is hurt is that the momentum only lasts them for one game.
I hope so...Congrats to the Rockets squad for a great effort. Kobe needs to start bashing some heads and start yelling at people to get them firedup and honestly i think we should start Farmar/Brown and let DFish come of the bench he has absolutely no chance against Brooks.

Originally Posted by DMan14

i truly thought lakers were gonna win the championship, but they need to change their mentality. they need to match the other teams effort and energy and not play down to the level of their competiyion.

if im a lakers fan, their bench worries me, fisher is being exposed against quicker guards, bynum hasnt done anything, walton is...

AB outfit
roll.gif
yeah our bench is terrible......odom needs to sit.....trevor needs to start hitting shots....pau needs to stop being soft......derek needs to stopbeing mentally dumb....andrew bynum needs to head back to the playboy mansion.
smh.gif

A very interesting stat I got from the Laker twitter.

In the last 4 season the Rockets are 3-11 vs the Lakers with Yao.

Without Yao the Rockets are now 4-0 vs the Lakers.

eek.gif

H-TOWN ALLDAY... I was at the game this the most loud ive heard the crowd all year and as season ticket holder i go to alot of games.. We smashed the fakersthey looked like trash hope we keep the intensity the same its goin 7 games this series unless we win game 5 which we can do.. I figured we might do betterwith Yao out since we dont have to worry bout gettin the ball into him.. And l.a. didnt know who to guard out ther... I was talkin mess the whole game had acouple l.a. fans by me but they didnt say much since we was goin crazy at the game.. I got another game to go to...

A very interesting stat I got from the Laker twitter.

In the last 4 season the Rockets are 3-11 vs the Lakers with Yao.

Without Yao the Rockets are now 4-0 vs the Lakers.

eek.gif
i was surprised by that too

Great game by the Rockets...nothing, but Kudos.

They caught us off guard early with their quickness and heart, which translated into scrappy defense and all out hustle.

We underestimated them today and payed for it.

We're better than what we played today and I'm confident in us bouncing back in LA to take control of this series.

phil rolled the dice and this one got out of hand from the start. This team aint mentally tough enough, to respond. Timeout should have been called at 0-7rockets. If the rockets do the same at staples expect different from Phil. Probably the rest of the series. No more mistakes.

Lakers are a team of suckas i've said it time and time again on here, and they're led by a sucka. Dude shoulda came out and stomped the Rockets throat.Killer instinct they say, don't make me laugh. What Bron showed yesterday and will show tomorrow, that's killer instinct. Be basketball fans beforestans and homers. That is all.

Originally Posted by Slow Motion G35

phil rolled the dice and this one got out of hand from the start. This team aint mentally tough enough, to respond. Timeout should have been called at 0-7 rockets. If the rockets do the same at staples expect different from Phil. Probably the rest of the series. No more mistakes.
i was telling someone he coaching them like he still had mike and shaq to fall back on. this is an inexperience team (as far as championships)team

yo, sorry to my rockets homeys on here, ive been ghost since game 3.
laugh.gif

But DAMN! what a win today! coming into this game i was thinking, how much are we gonna lose by? lol

Well Lakers, see you guys Tuesday night!
smile.gif

I've been a LAKER since Magic came to tinseltown...but this is an embarrassment to the LAKER fans. Like others would say it, they will not win thechampionship if they would perform a lackluster game like this. They should wake up and smell the REALITY of things that they may not go even to the WesternConference Finals... I'm a Kobe diehard but right now, Lebron is the no. 1 player in the league right now, sorry to write that but it's true. Clevelandnever loose their focus and sense of urgency. I'm writing all of these because I am one dissappointed, amused Laker fan. PERIOD!!

I have no idea if this has been posted, but this defines exactly these playoffs and both teams mindsets:

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RUDOLPH1996

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Sucks that the Rockets are without Yao for the rest of this series, but still doesn't mean that the Rockets are gonna roll over and give the series away.
Lakers need to stat focused.

I like this quote.... honest assesment from a Lakers fan......
Thanks, and looked what happened, they thought the Rockets were gonna give the game away
laugh.gif

Ah, my Lakers, it's like a kid you tell them not to this or that, because it's wrong, but they do it anyway.
Then the next day, they make you believe they aren't gonna make those mistakes again, then flash forward another day, and they are right back to notlistening.

It pisses me off too. People praise Kobe for that killer instinct but since he switched to the nice guy team player he doesnt have it as much as he used to, you only see shades of it now.

I was telling my brother during game 3 that I think Kobe gets off on being able to turn the switch off and on. MJ kept that switch on the entire time he was on the floor both offensively and defensivly, that was his motiviation, to be the best player on the floor the entire game on both sides of the ball. I think Kobe thinks he is either showing his teamates up or trying to get them to get that killer instinct and get aggressive or he truly loves turning it off and on.

Im confused just trying to put it in to words.
Simple really. Media. He's trying to hard to show everyone that he can get everyone else involved that he doesn't fall back on what madehim...him. If people weren't so stuck on making him a villain all the time we wouldn't see this type of play. Since you brought up MJ one thing healways had from his teammates was the motivation...everyone on those teams tried to match his intensity...can't say the same about the Lakers.

Back
Top Bottom