OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I fell Jon about to bow out from the battle. Everything he's fought for has ended. There's no real motivation to continue fighting. He doesn't care about the throne even though he is the rightful heir. It's going to be interesting to see where it all leads and ends now.
But Cersei and Dany both want the North and he will always fight for the North. In the books doesn’t he leave the Night’s Watch to roll with Stannis to Winterfell?

Jorah dying defending the love of his life and his queen = satisfying

Sam and Brienne getting eating alive by nameless faceless zombies = deeply trash.
Only trash if they have story left. They needed to show more death. When the Night King reanimated the dead halfway through I was wondering where they all came from.

Yeah because the writers couldn’t have written it so Brienne sacrifices herself saving Jaime the same way Jorah died defending Dany. :rolleyes

“Brienne has to live to fight Cersei’s army.”

What?
3DDBD57F-C1DB-4D1A-BEA9-17A5EA8C61F5.png

When has there ever been an indication of real beef between Brienne & Cersei for that to be a necessary plot point?

I have a theory for why Brienne needs to live til the end. But if they don’t do anything else major with her she should have been washed.

I think some people should have lowered expectations back when we ran out of book material.

We saw how much the writing took a dip when that happened. Not sure why people are so shocked that there's so much fan service.

And in fairness, I still think that was a great episode of television. It just didn't go the way I and a lot of others wanted or expected. Part of me thinks a lot of the disappointment is due to expectations that the story set us up for, but this stopped being the same story when Weiss and Benioff had to take over and tell the story themselves.

I'm holding out hope for the books to release to get the actual story, and enjoying this as what it is; an adaptation without text to adapt from anymore.

I don't think it's terrible. It just that recent seasons feel like a completely different show that doesn't play by the rules or follow the character traits previous seasons set. Most of the criticism people have is because of that shift.

You show me heroes in comic book movies getting pulverized and walking it off like they were mildly inconvenienced...I can accept that, because since day one, the comic book universe has established that being possible .

GOT is supposed to be the exact opposite of that. In the first few seasons, there was heavy emphasis on "no matter how powerful you are, one small mistake in battle or politics can kill you" (which does apply to the Night King, but I'm talking more about the main characters)but now people are using idiotic, suicidal tactics and getting away with it repeatedly

Last edited:
Yeah because the writers couldn’t have written it so Brienne sacrifices herself saving Jaime the same way Jorah died defending Dany. :rolleyes

“Brienne has to live to fight Cersei’s army.”

What?
3DDBD57F-C1DB-4D1A-BEA9-17A5EA8C61F5.png

When has there ever been an indication of real beef between Brienne & Cersei for that to be a necessary plot point?

he’s just making stuff up in his head at this point. Fans of the show writing like stuff not to make sense.

no duh and since he didnt die ppl are salty and complaining about the ep

no its not look how many votes he got and reactions to the episode in the thread
I know what angle you’re trying to get at here but Grey Worm surviving is NOT why people are upset with this episode. Sure, a lot of folks in this thread (myself included) thought he was a goner because of the foreshadowing in the previous episode but I can’t recall one damn post from anyone specifically bringing up GW not dying as to why this episode was underwhelming.

it dont gotta be specific to that like someone has to say outright thats the reason

but the fact is a lot of the "how all the main characters survive" talk woulda been satisfied had GW died

and i think the overall down opinions on the ep are in part maybe subconsciously because they wanted to see him die

and imo it goes back to the unsullied having the most graphic deaths as well

but GW wasnt one of them and that sticks in ppls craws

it dont gotta be specific to that like someone has to say outright thats the reason

but the fact is a lot of the "how all the main characters survive" talk woulda been satisfied had GW died

and i think the overall down opinions on the ep are in part maybe subconsciously because they wanted to see him die

:lol: :lol:

Thi hot take is up there with the #MeToo comment.

and heres how you know ppl voted for who they wanted to see die and not who they thought the story would kill

davos and podrick are the least vote getters but have the least fighting experience making them more likely to die right?

LITERALLY no one, NOT A SINGLE PERSON since the episode aired has even mentioned being upset that GW didn’t die, most people bring up Brienne, Pod, Sam and Jaime.

Back
Top Bottom