OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just hope GRRM isn't like george lucas and his last 2-3 installments aren't garbage.

The first book was published in 1996. Crazy to think 20 years later and the guy is trying to finish up the 2nd to last book. I know there are some fantasy series that seem to keep going with a lot of books. I wish I was that creative to write something.

If you looked at the video Master Zik posted it seems so extensive it's crazy.

there are other book series out there that's been goign 20+ years strong as well.

I dont blame the man. Blame the show for the books delay honestly. that demanded a lot out of him that could've been book time.

The show has boosted his profile by like a million percent. Glad the show was made because I never heard of the books prior. I said it before but I credit the show for getting me into reading again. I have 5 books on my table right now waiting to be read after I finish the one i'm on now. I'm a tv addict with the amount of shows I watch but reading something that is great is a whole different experience.

I dont blame the man. Blame the show for the books delay honestly. that demanded a lot out of him that could've been book time.

There was a 5 year gap between A Storm of Swords & A Feast For Crows then an additional 6 years between Feats & Dance with Dragons prior to Game of Thrones on HBO.

Only person to blame is GRRM. He's an incredibly slow writer on top of the fact he's asked to appear at every comic book/fantasy event across the world.

Sit down and finish the book(s), then take your victory lap.

The yambs aren't going to kiss themselves though. I'd be enjoying my success too. Trying to edit the last 2 installments for this story must be hell.

The yambs aren't going to kiss themselves though. I'd be enjoying my success too. Trying to edit the last 2 installments for this story must be hell.

I think the odds of him having a fatal heart attack during a groupie orgy are probably better than him finishing two more books.

There was a 5 year gap between A Storm of Swords & A Feast For Crows then an additional 6 years between Feats & Dance with Dragons prior to Game of Thrones on HBO.

Only person to blame is GRRM. He's an incredibly slow writer on top of the fact he's asked to appear at every comic book/fantasy event across the world.

Sit down and finish the book(s), then take your victory lap.
Yall dudes need to stop the complaining.

You can not rush greatness.

Some writers take a decade to finish their next book. Be lucky that GRRM is on the 2nd to last one and not just half way done. He's went above and beyond with the amount of ASOIF content he's provided and put out in so many forms all for the fans enjoyment. Yet yall will get on him for the books not coming out faster.

It's always crazy to me how without fail the entitled lack patience so severely.

^I'm not complaining, im on GRRM's side, i want an awesome book, not a rush job because book readers are pissed they're waiting for their power of position knowing what's going to Should happen.

you also need to remember. There were the Novellas, the other short stories he helped co write. the history.
there is more.

Imagine if he was into Brienne sized women. That would damage most men.

On a related note, watching interviews of Gwendolyn Christie promoting Star Wars and I saw how charming she was. They gave her that cool armor in SW and she barely got any screen time.

Yea she was probably my biggest disappointment about the new Star Wars. I was expecting some Boba Fett type role for her but damn she ended up being a throwaway :lol: :smh:. Hoping she gets more screen time in the sequels

I don't even know why she promoted the movie.

Ppl talk about the bait and switch with Finn being a Jedi but Christie plays a storm trooper Captain so you won't even see her face but on top of that she's barely in the movie. They played it too safe there.

I feel with audio books you'll tend to miss certain details.

really depends on what type of learner you are.
I'm an audio learner (as they say)
So i pay more attention listening.

with reading, if I don't read straight through (which who has the time to do that with work and other life events) I'll forget parts and have to read again.

with the audio books and the way Roy Dottrice reads to you (with his impressions and ad libs, sound effects) it's unforgettable to me.
Especially since a lot of this for me was before the show where I didn't have face to put to the name. Roy helps a lot.

again not everyone gets out of audio what I get out of it.

that actually sounds pretty amazing, maybe I'll try it when the 6th book drops, thanks for the insight brah

^^^ I completely forgot Brienne was in Force Awakens until right now. LOL.
I just went to see TFA last night, and didn't even realize that was her. Completely forgot she was in the movie. Shame. She's a really good actor and that suit is so :pimp:

Last edited:
You know what I found crazy in the books, Reek and Theon Grey Joy are two completely different characters..

Back
Top Bottom