Official gogo thread !!! (I cant believe we dont have one of these)

Originally Posted by Gmills23

^ I think most are studio, but I know some are live. There's one joint with Scarface
pimp.gif

I can get you after I get off work. pause.

I need that joint with Face!

This is when Go-Go was crankin'
laugh.gif
� I was a youngin'g but Iremember buying these 12"s back in the day

I walked from Clifton Terr. to Douglas Record Store/The WIZ on F St. downtown with my cousin immediately after WOL-am played this...

Playing a 12" record on a 45" kid record player FTW...

Memories...

I can't get with anything post 1995 now... I still listen to '86-'90 Chuck and R.E....

I'm young, but I haven't been able to get with this new/ bounce beat only go-go that's been "hot" recent... It seems like the same timethat hip-hop and r&b fell off, so did Go-Go...

With that said...

New topic: Everyone's Favorite Go-Go tracks?

All time:
1. Rare Essence - Lock It (I've loved the track since I was a youngin... though I'm only 20. I got this on an album from them back in 89, same year Iwas born)
1. Trouble Funk (Yes I said it) - Drop The Bomb.... the full 25 minute version rocks hard to me...
2. U.C.B. - Isn't She Lovely (full 12 minute joint)
3. Chuck - Run Joe
4. BYB - Unibomber (non-studio version)
5. U.C.B. - Splash Girl (one of those tracks that if you don't know the lyrics to, I feel like you're loafin, hard....)
5. R.E. - Overnight Scenario (same things when it comes to lyrics)
6. C.C.B. - Smiley Girl (went to H.S. with OG members briefly, was cised when they finally got some recognition)
7. Kim Scott with Rare Essence - SHake Down (Song was played daily the summer of 02)
8. Too many from N.E.G. to pick one...

And these are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head...

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

Originally Posted by Gmills23

^ I think most are studio, but I know some are live. There's one joint with Scarface
pimp.gif

I can get you after I get off work. pause.

I need that joint with Face!
the 5-29-99 @ DC armory? Ima pm it to you.

eoh and toweh just hijacked and schooled us like !%@@ lol

I was talking to a group of 14-16 year olds that I supervise today...

Told me U.C.B. was wack cause the only song they had was Sexy Ladies...
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

indifferent.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
smh at them

i agree with Buddha with Blazers gotta be back or ucb

ucb = get get mission, splash girl, vsop, addicted, whats the title(the joint "98 we rollin poppin don p bottles we movin key.......")

back = sick of being lonely, any dope jam (93 and 96 the best), diamonds and pearls, unibomber ("this is heart break hotel!!!!!"), keep it gangsta

even wit the change in personnel new impressions still finds a way to rock word to "chicken head"

reaction is under rated, but its for good reason. they will rock the gogo scene for 7 mouths straight the die then come back hard again

<< My Name Aint UnCalled4Boy For Nothin
pimp.gif

UCB Been My Fav Band...Eem Tho Im Disappointed They Aint Been Doin No Shows Since They On Tour Wit Wale...

I Mean G-Money, Mikey, And Bo Could Still Be Here Holdin It Down.....

Other Than Them And Other Older Bands Back, NEG, Elevation, Fatal (Old), A Lil Faze 2, TCB (old old tcb, and RI)

I Dont Lissen To These Younger Bands Except The Band Im In
pimp.gif

I Try To Post Some Clips

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

not as bad as some chick at Stonewall wrote in the newspaper about
"The Birth of Go-Go" and labeled Chuck Brown's first "smash" hit as "The Sardines and Pork and Beans Song".

facepalm.jpg

I'm never gonna knock someone for not knowing, but with the evolution of the internet, youngin's are a click away from researching some damn facts.

My beef is youngin's be OVERconfident in "knowing" and pointing YOU out, and be wrong as a muvaf....

You were BORN in 1992. I was attending Madness pool parties with my fam before you were born. Fall back from schooling me on some old $!!.
What band did the "go-go version" of Lenny Krav's "Fly Away"? Alizay used to play it like crazy, but I never been able to find it...

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

I'm never gonna knock someone for not knowing, but with the evolution of the internet, youngin's are a click away from researching some damn facts.

My beef is youngin's be OVERconfident in "knowing" and pointing YOU out, and be wrong as a muvaf....

You were BORN in 1992. I was attending Madness pool parties with my fam before you were born. Fall back from schooling me on some old $!!.
What band did the "go-go version" of Lenny Krav's "Fly Away"? Alizay used to play it like crazy, but I never been able to find it...
Yo iv been looking for that mp3 forever! I think NEG hit it (not 100% tho)
They used to smash that joint every night on the 9 oclock blast off on KYS (does that still exist?)

All these new go-go bands i cant really get with they just slum to me just sound unorganized and off

When i was youngin we used to keep new tapes weather you go the P.A tape from Junior (he sound man ) P.A palace or the Spot on central ave. next to Abstracts .I cant remember how many tapes ive dubbed .
Essensce Pool Parties , Go-Go live in the Capitol Centre , Wilmers Park .

I dont how many of you know what its like to be in the Hole and here BYB play "Rise' (rice lol) and that whole place be rocking then then you hear"Nineteen mf 93 heyyy it got to be " it it goes crazy nextthing you know Broads get to stripping to Spotlight on the buttcheek damn those here thedays

Or seeing nuccas get knocked out cold when JY goes into Ruff it off /Go Hard

Back when dudes used to risk they life everyweek seeing RE at the Eastside or the Classics lol

I remember wen Ra from Groovers got stole on stage and didnt do nothin the tape made it even more funny but watching Jeff and Smoke work WOW

On the lunchtables you swore you was Sauce lol You couldnt be Mickey cause nobody will ever be that good

I don't listen to any go-go that was after 2000.

I just recently got someone to put JYB w/Smoke from NEG, 3-31-96 on CD for me, classic.

^
Is that the joint when dude stops the show, addressing certain people ("Smoke my man, and I got him out here. You got something about it, see me in thestreets n' "), and Smoke go for an incredible solo?

Did any of ya'll older cats ever hit the Kiddie Cabaret's at the Metro Club?

I miss those days ...

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

^
Is that the joint when dude stops the show, addressing certain people ("Smoke my man, and I got him out here. You got something about it, see me in the streets n' "), and Smoke go for an incredible solo?
Yep, that is the one.

Back
Top Bottom