OFFICIAL Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears - NFC Championship Game

Originally Posted by arstyle27

I dont know how you guys can take solice in the fact that the team "over-achieved."

It's all about winning guys. This isnt a rebuilding team that's taking baby steps. I'm happy with the season as a whole, but the objective is to win the SB. We didn't win it, therefore I am depressed/sad/angry/mad/pissed off.
completely agree, as this is how i felt after the 2008 NFC title game . there really isn't any solace in how far you go if the end result isn't what you want.
..such as when Kansas drubbed us in the final four in 2008 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

e811b4270a50862665f69f193c510aa6-getty-108190792mw152_2011_nfc_cha.jpg

sp-alex11_0497662819.jpg

noose.jpg

laugh.gif

i will say this though,  if aaron rodgers was drafted by the 49ers in 2005  he wouldn't have done much better then alex smith when you consider the trainwreck he would've been thrown into.  a new offensive corrdinator every year, a horid offensive line and playing for mike nolan and mike singletary.

i'm not defending alex smith because 6 seasons in he still makes the same stupid mistakes, but almost any rookie qb would have a tough time developing under the mess known as the 05-10 49ers as opposed to watching and backing up a future hall of famer and eventially starting on a good well ran team,

now of course aaron rodgers > alex smith  by far.    it would be nice to see aaron rodgers get a ring

Originally Posted by dland24

e811b4270a50862665f69f193c510aa6-getty-108190792mw152_2011_nfc_cha.jpg

sp-alex11_0497662819.jpg

noose.jpg

laugh.gif

i will say this though,  if aaron rodgers was drafted by the 49ers in 2005  he wouldn't have done much better then alex smith when you consider the trainwreck he would've been thrown into.  a new offensive corrdinator every year, a horid offensive line and playing for mike nolan and mike singletary.

i'm not defending alex smith because 6 seasons in he still makes the same stupid mistakes, but almost any rookie qb would have a tough time developing under the mess known as the 05-10 49ers as opposed to watching and backing up a future hall of famer and eventially starting on a good well ran team,

now of course aaron rodgers > alex smith  by far.    it would be nice to see aaron rodgers get a ring

Ahhhh feels good, man.

This game basically just reaffirmed to me that...the Bears...are trash.

Go figure.

Defense is nice, though. It was nice seeing AR-12 with the precision early on slicing and dicing. Dude was just off overall, though.

His tackle on Urlacher was easily the most important play all afternoon.

Kinda irked GB didn't close out the game in the 1st half. #^&* was a blowout in the making.

Anyone using the 'We had to use our backup QB's' excuse for the loss can kick rocks. Cutler was downright terrible. GB defense had the man shook.

As for the whole fiasco of him backing out, we'll see tomorrow after that MRI. The whole city of Chicago is waiting.....

GB Defense just keeps making plays
pimp.gif
Raji with the title belt celebration had me
eek.gif

That boy Sammy Shields.....showing the stage isn't too big for him.

Still kinda baffled about that TD Collins/Woodson gave up. Dudes were with the 'Oh you got him? I'll chill' looks to each other on that play.

PACKERS TO THE SUPERBOWL!?

Now how real is that????

It was fun Bears fans, now y'all can disappear for the next 6 months.

smile.gif

Ahhhh feels good, man.

This game basically just reaffirmed to me that...the Bears...are trash.

Go figure.

Defense is nice, though. It was nice seeing AR-12 with the precision early on slicing and dicing. Dude was just off overall, though.

His tackle on Urlacher was easily the most important play all afternoon.

Kinda irked GB didn't close out the game in the 1st half. #^&* was a blowout in the making.

Anyone using the 'We had to use our backup QB's' excuse for the loss can kick rocks. Cutler was downright terrible. GB defense had the man shook.

As for the whole fiasco of him backing out, we'll see tomorrow after that MRI. The whole city of Chicago is waiting.....

GB Defense just keeps making plays
pimp.gif
Raji with the title belt celebration had me
eek.gif

That boy Sammy Shields.....showing the stage isn't too big for him.

Still kinda baffled about that TD Collins/Woodson gave up. Dudes were with the 'Oh you got him? I'll chill' looks to each other on that play.

PACKERS TO THE SUPERBOWL!?

Now how real is that????

It was fun Bears fans, now y'all can disappear for the next 6 months.

smile.gif

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by SLP Product

Words cant describe the disappointment that the city is feeling.
I'm still at a loss for words.....
30t6p3b.gif

It'll be fun to watch the Pack get beat in the SB.

Disappointment? You dudes should be ELATED you made it this far. The Bears weren't supposed to be here in the first place.
I was not surprised at all that the team made it this far. No such thing as a moral victory at this point in the season, anyway. 

I'm supposed to believe that you expected to be a couple plays from the Superbowl coming into this year?

What gave you that hope?

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by SLP Product

Words cant describe the disappointment that the city is feeling.
I'm still at a loss for words.....
30t6p3b.gif

It'll be fun to watch the Pack get beat in the SB.

Disappointment? You dudes should be ELATED you made it this far. The Bears weren't supposed to be here in the first place.
I was not surprised at all that the team made it this far. No such thing as a moral victory at this point in the season, anyway. 

I'm supposed to believe that you expected to be a couple plays from the Superbowl coming into this year?

What gave you that hope?

Chicago Sun Times has confirmed the MRI results confirmed it was a MCL tear, and the Bears are determining the grade of severity of the tear.

Chicago Sun Times has confirmed the MRI results confirmed it was a MCL tear, and the Bears are determining the grade of severity of the tear.

I wasreally impressed with the Bears Defense after the 4th series. minus a couple plays where the CBS were aoff too far, they were rock solid.

also, In order for the Mike Martz OC thing to work, he needs to have an over-bearing head coach screening and critiquing every play call.

its the only way **** Vermeil was able to win with him. Maybe Lovie respects him too muich because He worked for Martz before, but he's got to put his foot down on some of the bogus play calling.

I wasreally impressed with the Bears Defense after the 4th series. minus a couple plays where the CBS were aoff too far, they were rock solid.

also, In order for the Mike Martz OC thing to work, he needs to have an over-bearing head coach screening and critiquing every play call.

its the only way **** Vermeil was able to win with him. Maybe Lovie respects him too muich because He worked for Martz before, but he's got to put his foot down on some of the bogus play calling.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

this, that reverse was so unneeded especially when matt forte was slashing the packers defense for 5 - 10 yrds pick ups.

also the last play of the game with those crossing routes, it should be a roll out to give the kid a chance to make a play with either his feet or the arm (like he did earlier in the game)

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

this, that reverse was so unneeded especially when matt forte was slashing the packers defense for 5 - 10 yrds pick ups.

also the last play of the game with those crossing routes, it should be a roll out to give the kid a chance to make a play with either his feet or the arm (like he did earlier in the game)

Back
Top Bottom