Official HBO's Veep Thread Vol: HBO's Best New Show

Another great ep. Pretty much every character is hilarious.

When Selina said cancel it like Anne Franks Bat Mitzvah :lol: :smh:

I like how they made it seem like Selina was emotional about her mother's death when she was actually in her feelings about Nevada.
laugh.gif

Ben was bawling at the funeral.

The parallels between Catherine's and Selina's relationship and Selina's with her mother.

Catherine and Gary melting down in the hospital a couple episode ago killed me

HBO actually took out a full-page Jonah Ryan ad in a New Hampshire paper

New Hampshire voters probably thought they’d stumbled upon a maverick when they came across a full-page ad in the New Hampshire Union Leader for U.S. Congressional candidate Jon H. Ryan (that star is just a space, right?). Who was this tall, bespectacled drink of water, and what was he “listening” to? More importantly, what could he do for the Granite State?

The answer to that last question is obviously nothing, as the man pictured above is Jonah Ryan, Timothy Simons’ character on HBO’s Veep, who is currently making an ill-advised (to put it mildly) run for Congress in the show’s fifth season. But given the frightening authenticity of Jonah Ryan for Congress website, it was only a matter of time until Jonad’s—sorry, Jonah’s—campaign broke into the real world. And since there are still some print media diehards out there, the New Hampshire Union Leader ran the above image as a full-page ad.

It’s a simple ad, but it works on multiple levels. It replaces Ryan’s gap-toothed smile—which is just begging to be used in a smear ad about things “falling through the cracks” on his watch—with a look of rapt attention. The left hand in the pocket conceals his marital status, thereby allowing fantasies of being his running “mate” to run wild. Meanwhile, the right hand is slightly cupped near his ear, signaling his interest in the reader/voter’s concerns, but is left just open enough to serve as a greeting wave. Finally, the “New Ideas For Now” slogan suggests an ingenuity and flexibility he will probably never have to deliver on, since there’s a scant chance he’ll be elected (also, the campaign is fictional). So those focus group people can suck it.
s

"How am I doing? Eating so much ***** I'm ******** **** son!"

"Hey! This is an elementary school! Watch you spewing mouth you animal!"

*camera pans to elementary school class*

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

five amazing seasons and this is only 6 pages long :x :smh:

was expecting them to actually make her leave.

wonder where they'll go from here next season.

Yea should be interesting to see whhere the show goes from here

Garys outburst :lol:

Nights rated PG squirteen

Last edited:
Uncle Jeff's return [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
Hype as hell for next season. I was dying, great finale. I need them to bring Jonah back.

im only on season 2 but this show is 
roll.gif

the jokes are so rapid fire its almost too much to catch 
laugh.gif

her COS is the girl from my girl? 
eek.gif

cant wait to catch up and read this read but i dont want to be spoiled 
mean.gif

richard is the mvp 
pimp.gif

from working for jonah to jonah working for him 
pimp.gif

getting the guy to say which county they rigged 
pimp.gif

on a first name basis with the president 
pimp.gif

when bob asked who the best person to be his 2nd and it was "affirmative action jackson (
mean.gif
) " 
pimp.gif

him telling the reporter to email him instead of he email her 
pimp.gif

2 doctorates 
pimp.gif

richard gon be her chief of staff 
nerd.gif

were sue and kent dating/smashing at one point?

i remember a scene she had a white dude in bed

when selina kissed gary after she "won" the presidency
eek.gif

i think they smashed before she said something like "never mention that night in _____"  
nerd.gif

also what happend to amy bf 
laugh.gif

and gary gf 
laugh.gif

didnt jonah start his website with mike's stepsons? 
nerd.gif

Yeah Sue and Kent we're smashing but they tried to be subtle about it with banter. Everyone knew tho.

Amy's bf went to Silicon Valley.

Back
Top Bottom