OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Wtf he thought the puck drop was unfair or something?
laugh.gif
Yep
Vermette is a faceoff ace, he doesn't like it when the ref goofs up on the puck drop
It was happening all night. That particular linesman seemed to be really taking issue with how Vermette was lining up. He threw him out of a draw at least once.

Not a reason to overreact like he did, but 10 games seems to be a touch excessive.

Last edited:

Wtf he thought the puck drop was unfair or something? :lol:
Yep

Vermette is a faceoff ace, he doesn't like it when the ref goofs up on the puck drop

It was happening all night. That particular linesman seemed to be really taking issue with how Vermette was lining up. He threw him out of a draw at least once.

Not a reason to overreact like he did, but 10 games seems to be a touch excessive.
If Nyquist got 6 games for cutting open someone's face with a high stick, Vermette should get at most 5 imo.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if NHL gave Vermette 10 since they want to protect the refs more

Last edited:
If Nyquist got 6 games for cutting open someone's face with a high stick, Vermette should get at most 5 imo.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if NHL gave Vermette 10 since they want to protect the refs more

The NHL doesn't decide suspensions that involve ref abuse. Refs classify it as an automatic 3/10/20 game suspension. He and pretty much the entire team were frustrated the entire game with how the puck was being dropped and that they couldn't get a single call against the Wild. There clearly wasn't malicious intent, but he deserves his 10 games because you just can't make any contact with a ref.

The NHL doesn't decide suspensions that involve ref abuse. Refs classify it as an automatic 3/10/20 game suspension. He and pretty much the entire team were frustrated the entire game with how the puck was being dropped and that they couldn't get a single call against the Wild. There clearly wasn't malicious intent, but he deserves his 10 games because you just can't make any contact with a ref.
Ah I see
welp
10 games it is

Didn't realize how bad the hockey fan experience was at Barclays until I tried to get tickets for tonight's game. If you're not center ice, you're SOL.

Anyway, also congrats to Crosby for reaching 1,000 points and scoring the game winner in overtime

Back
Top Bottom