OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Not so easy to beat a team that doesn't annually beat itself, eh Preds? Must be nice to have star players that perform like star players. Bird bros for the sweep. :lol:

What is that shoulder patch the predators have that looks like a dragon ball? :lol:

Tennessee's state flag:

Are the Penguins the most well put-together roster currently in sports?

It always seems like the have a new "hero" to make up for another player's lack of production and they have don't consecutive strings of bad games when it counts while every other teams are susceptible to slumps.

Last edited:
What's a hot take? The Post wrote about the bad playoff format the other day and how good teams aren't rewarded. This doesn't happen in any other system. They got hot at the right time and are being outclassed.

Last edited:
So that first round sweep of the Blackhawks was a fluke? :rofl:
Good lord they were competitive for the majority of game 1 and for the first two periods of game 2. You just sound salty that your rangers aren't in it

It always seems like the have a new "hero" to make up for another player's lack of production and they have don't consecutive strings of bad games when it counts while every other teams are susceptible to slumps.

no, they have lucked into a goalie that is melting down.

and that hero stuff is random varience. imo

Last edited:

They've got a deep system and always seem to have guys, especially forwards, that can come in and fill in for injured players or departures. All this without Letang too which is nuts.

That said, through two games, I don't feel like Nashville has been completely outclassed. Not by any stretch. Their goalie has certainly **** the bed at the absolute wrong time. Must run in Finnish blood because Tuukka does the same thing. But poor goalie play and some bad bounces. Pitt is lucky to be 2-0 imo. But good teams typically find good luck :lol:

Last edited:

They've got a deep system and always seem to have guys, especially forwards, that can come in and fill in for injured players or departures. All this without Letang too which is nuts.

That said, through two games, I don't feel like Nashville has been completely outclassed. Not by any stretch. Their goalie has certainly **** the bed at the absolute wrong time. Must run in Finnish blood because Tuukka does the same thing. But poor goalie play and some bad bounces. Pitt is lucky to be 2-0 imo. But good teams typically find good luck :lol:
Refs rigged the first period of game 1
Series should be 1-1

Two answers that makes sense to me as a casual fan. Can't stand any Pittsburg team but, damn the Pens play great together. I saw them embarrass the **** out of my team and them constantly winning made me wonder if they're are a step ahead of other perineal contenders(Blackhawks, Kings, Caps, Rangers, Ducks, etc.) of this decade.

Two answers that makes sense to me as a casual fan. Can't stand any Pittsburg team but, damn the Pens play great together. I saw them embarrass the **** out of my team and them constantly winning made me wonder if they're are a step ahead of other perineal contenders(Blackhawks, Kings, Caps, Rangers, Ducks, etc.) of this decade.

The Pens post-Kessel trade are definitely a step ahead of all those teams other than the Blackhawks Cup teams. This years Blackhawks' biggest problem was a ton of their depth guys had zero playoff experience and Seabrook has fallen off. The Pens just come at teams in waves. Malkin/Crosby/Kessel open up so much space for the rest of the depth guys to operate and Bonino is a big time playoff performer at 3C. Tough to put together a more lethal forward group. When Fat Phil is your 3rd best forward you're going to score a **** ton of goals.

Last edited:
The Pens post-Kessel trade are definitely a step ahead of all those teams other than the Blackhawks Cup teams. This years Blackhawks' biggest problem was a ton of their depth guys had zero playoff experience. The Pens just come at teams in waves. Malkin/Crosby/Kessel open up so much space for the rest of the depth guys to operate and Bonino is a big time playoff performer. Tough to put together a more lethal forward group.
I never felt so damn hopeless for my team(49ers vs Ravens came close but, at least the Niners had a chance and the Giants and Warriors are fighters). They literally swarm the damn ice every damn game.

I can't stand the patriots as a Steelers fan for as good as they are constantly but I have to respect them. I can understand all the hatred for the pens around this sane reasoning. #b2b

Last edited:
I can't stand the patriots as a Steelers fan for as good as they are constantly but I have to respect them. I can understand all the hatred for the pens around this sane reasoning. #b2b

"you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

that's what it is. people get sick of the same team winning and winning. and crosby doesn't help the pens' case either :lol:

Back
Top Bottom