OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

To think I was about to buy tickets for this game :x I would have just sat down and cried for three periods

Man Joel Ward is always in the right place at the right time.

That pass by Ovechkin. :wow:

Really like the way Trotz deployed Ovi tonight, felt like Ovechkin was all the way on tonight and Trotz put all his chips in the middle of the table to secure this win. :pimp:

After subjected to watching him with Oates and Hunter great to finally see Ovi with a good coach.

Last edited:
Man Joel Ward is always in the right place at the right time.

That pass by Ovechkin. :wow:

Really like the way Trotz deployed Ovi tonight, felt like Ovechkin was all the way on tonight and Trotz put all his chips in the middle of the table to secure this win. :pimp:

After subjected to watching him with Oates and Hunter great to finally see Ovi with a good coach.

Crazy how some guys really take their games to the next level when the playoffs roll around...Joel Ward is one of them.

On that final sequence, Boyle was trying to freeze the puck and play for OT. He had his back to the play trying to do this. Backstrom, who has ZERO reputation as a dirty player, hit him shoulder-to-shoulder. He did not hit him from behind or anything along those lines like many people are crying about. In a situation like that, why didn't Boyle try to move the puck?

It's the playoffs, man. Things go 50/50. ****, you have Pierre PRAISING McDonough for playing defense on OVechkin where he gets tackled and it's punctuated with a punch. Tanner Glass puts his stick in Holtby's throat. It goes on and on. I'm not saying the Caps are choirboys, because Carlson got away with an elbow to Nash's head. But again...it's the playoffs. Things are just called differently. It's why you can have Shea Weber treat Henrik Zetterberg's head like a WWE turnstyle and not be suspended.

Just enjoy the physical play by BOTH teams, in what will hopefully become a great/classic series.

Finally....Caps having a "dirty" rep :lol: OK.

They're a big ******* team. That's all there is to it. First line...Ovechkin goes 235...Ward 225...Backstrom...215

Last edited:
Did anyone else catch Ovechkin skate by Lundqvist shortly after scoring and tell him "All series baby, all series".  I love the confidence he is playing with right now and hope that they make quick work of the rags.

The Caps pulling through at the last second 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Minnesota and Chicago should be a great series I am excited for that to start tonight! I think Chicago in 6 personally.

Olberman is usually on point 
pimp.gif

Prediction wise I say Caps in 7,Habs in 7(of course I hope it wont come that
laugh.gif
),Ducks in 5 and Hawks in 7.

Last edited:

Olberman is usually on point 
pimp.gif

Prediction wise I say Caps in 7,Habs in 7(of course I hope it wont come that
laugh.gif
),Ducks in 5 and Hawks in 7.
I'd like to see Caps in 6 (don't want to risk going to a game 7 haha), Habs in 6 (unless Stamkos gets it together it could be even shorter), Ducks in 5 and like I said I think Hawks have the Wilds number so HAwks in 6.

Did anyone else catch Ovechkin skate by Lundqvist shortly after scoring and tell him "All series baby, all series".  I love the confidence he is playing with right now and hope that they make quick work of the rags.

:smh:

Don't be messing with the King like that :lol:

i knew the flames sucked but what in the blue hell was that? :lol:

here's to a more competitive game 2 sheesh

On AO's goal last night...
80 mph :x

going at full speed let of a lightning quick, deadly accurate laser beam and beat one of the best goalies in the world short side with no screen. :x

Other than Hull no one in history is touching this guy when it comes to shooting the puck.

Last edited:
going at full speed let of a lightning quick, deadly accurate laser beam and beat one of the best goalies in the world short side with no screen. :x

Other than Hull no one in history is touching this guy when it comes to shooting the puck.

Only other guy I thought of in terms of comparing shots. AO's is ridiculous though

Olberman commenting on Hockey Night in Canada... yes that may have been true in years past, but I think it's been pretty bad this year. George Strombolopoulous as host hasn't been hugely popular in Canada. Nor have the analysts save for Friedman and on occassion, Hrudey.

Back
Top Bottom