OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

^Is that why Canucks couldn't get through the first round? They're also replaying that entire Flames-Canucks first round match up on NHL Network right now
smile.gif

Edit, Arnold also signed
smile.gif
200.gif

Oduya :pimp:

Maybe Jordie Benn can just not play now. Some combination of Goligoski/Klingberg, Oduya/Nemeth, Demers/Jokipakka with Oleksiak filling in should be decent.

Oduya :pimp:

Maybe Jordie Benn can just not play now. Some combination of Goligoski/Klingberg, Oduya/Nemeth, Demers/Jokipakka with Oleksiak filling in should be decent.
another stars fan aye

Don't forget stephen Johns too... kid is good

Jordie is probably too valuable as a 3rd line/healthy scratch guy to send through waivers, mostly because of his contract (right around $700k). Wouldn't be surprised to see him get those 3rd line minutes with some combination of the 4 young guys (Nemeth, Oleksiak, Jokipakka, Johns) cycling through the AHL and NHL throughout the year.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see one of Oleksiak or Jokipakka get traded away at some point if guys like Julius Honka and Esa Lindell keep developing.

So I am at my brother's place in BC on vacation. We get on the subject of the Canucks (he is a casual fan) and I bring up the 94 team. After a while, his wife asks him to "bring out the shirt".

5 minutes later he comes back and drops this in my lap. He had a buddy in 94 go to a playoff game (doesn't remember which one) and get a bunch of the team to sign this Bure t-shirt.

He says, "It's yours". Now, this is not only one of the greatest pieces of memorabilia I have ever personally had in my hands, but has to be at least somewhat valuable. 

I'm still kind of speechless... not only can I barely believe he just gave this to me, but he expected nothing in return. He just said, "You'll appreciate it more than I will". 

Hard to see in the picture, but being from '94 and in a ziploc bag for the past 20+ years, the shirt has yellowed and the signatures have faded considerably. 

I'm wondering if anyone in here knows of how I may go about finding someone who could restore this? The research I have done says any restoration could completely devalue the shirt, but honestly, it would take a small fortune for me to ever let go of this. So I would prefer to be able to restore the shirt and bring the signatures back to life. However, I cannot find anywhere reputable that does anything other than baseball stuff. Anyone have any ideas?

I have yet to sit down and search up signatures, but I can for sure make out Jim Robson, Stan Smyl, Kirk Maclean, Russ Courtnall, Cliff Ronning, and of course, Pavel Bure. 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
wow...he left NJ? damn.

good for the leafs tho...might not be able to post my favorite hockey meme this year :nerd:

Bad Religion Bad Religion My feelings towards the Nucks aside, that is dope.

It might be worthwhile getting in touch with a sports memorabilia shop, and seeking their advice.

Last edited:
Thanks! Yea, I may have to make a day trip to Calgary, as there are no options closer to me.

I don't know if I trust those barbarians with my precious, though. 

I like the Semin deal,only 1 year so it's all on him to perform really. About damn time we got some wing help though :pimp:

Last edited:
One can dream :lol:. I hope you're right though. but yeah the lines are looking better already. Hopefully that's not the only move to improve the offense.

Last edited:
Some ratings are coming out for HF.
Eichel at 9.0 B, so McDavid must be like 10.0 lol.
They got Werenski at 8.5C which I found interesting, although 8.0B Hanifin is still better rated.

Bones going to the Pens. :smokin

Happy to see him get on a more competitive team. Hopefully he prices himself out of Pitt and back to the Ducks in two years. That D is still mighty questionable.

I had to look that up and was like, who the hell is "Bones?" :lol: Good look for the Pens
Flyers sorta locked up Couturier as well to a nice contract

Fehr and bonino are cool I guess but I dunno I thought sutter would be back.

I also thought jizzer was a lock to come to Pittsburgh but something happened...

Anyone catch a game at the garden to see the Bruins? My gf and I are planning on seeing them October 10th when we're out East in vacation. We're looking into getting tickets but ticketmaster says they start at $150 for nosebleeds. Any truth to this?

Could very well be true depending on who they are playing. That said, it does sound fairly high if it isn't the Leafs/Canadians/Flyers/Wings ect

Back
Top Bottom