OFFICIAL: HOH: HOUSE OF HOOPS THREAD

Originally Posted by kownlao

So sad...........(waits for ridiculous amount of pairs to be on eBay with BIN of $400-500)

Should have made them an online release.

HOH is garbage.

Not the imfamous blk pebbs in the avy...
roll.gif

Hopefully Nike will do what they did for the ASG III's:
-premier them locally
- put them online in the next couple of weeks after the XX3 hype dies down....

WOW if I got to pay $600 then I'll have to wait the only reason I wanted these was because I have the PE version in 16 and wanted a pair to wear so guessI'll just have to look at the PE version alittle longer.

i dont reallly post on NT, just read posts, but i think i made the craziest trip to get these.
Left New London Coast Guard Academy at 7am this morning to hop on ferry to Eastern tip of long island, drove to Ronkonkoma LIRR almost getting in 3 accidentsfrom the snow storm. During that time called HOH 5 times and they stated they had SOO many pairs and i'm guarenteed my size (10.5) even if i make it at130.
Finally got on LIRR 1111pm, then the subway to W 125th, the 2 train though , had to walk 3 blocks in my Supreme Dunk SB Highs....submerged my kicks in fullblown slush puddles to cross the streets..damn.

Finally getting close to HOH i see two guys carrying 5 bags of Mr. Basketballs, i'm like +%*, i hate resellers, killing the game for true sneakerheads.

I get in and shout 10.5, and an employee was like, nope! just 8.5 and 11.5 or bigger. Yo i was pissed....ready to punch a wall cuz i didn't wanna buy oddsizes to resell, i stare at the one on display. Look at the special box....look at the other side to see the details...then see 10.5 on the side lol.

Went thru 5 employees to try to get them outta there then finally met the "district manager" i believe was her title. She eventually sold them to meafter much negotiating.
As we boxed the kicks, i casually asked her about the 5 o clock drop on the yankees on the 5th and her eyes popped out of her socket. "WHO TOLD YOU THAT?HOW DID YOU KNOW!?" then she proceeded to tell me it might get switched to a Friday release on the 7th.

It was funny cuz the cashier said he was shocked that i was actually going to keep them. Called me a true sneaker head lol, cuz he said everyone that wasbuying them today so far, said they planned on reselling em. Damn, even this chic there was trying to get me to cop the Mr. T dunks and her sales pitch was toresell em for fast money.

Sorry for bloggin, had to vent...crazy weather...crazy trip...just got home.....12 hour journey but i got my size. I feel sorry for the sneakerheads thatcouldn't get a pair and only way of copping is paying the resellers fee.

My advice.....don't pay the asking price....just wait....it'll drop.
Peace.

^

Nice story, glad to hear you got your pair.

Its really disappointing to hear the DM pitch you the reselling talk. HOH is TRASH

I agree with you 100% DON'T PAY THE RESELLERS PRICE!!!!!!!!!

I have a 10.5 too big for me. So if anyone wants it let me kno. 500 plus shippin.

P.S. This sneaker and the box is heavy as hell

Good looking out in the story John!
that's strange that some people were told they CANT get but one pair but you saw dudes walk out with multiple pairs of the same shoe?

Note to Nike-
save yourself the time and effort. Return HoH to a regular retail ops
put these and other shoes back online. Regardless of what happens after a shoe is bought at least more folks get a chance at um

=)

So I wonder.... who's friends with WP and got more than one pair to walk out of the store with?

I don't care what ANYONE at the Brand and AT HoH think... It's pure crap for the True heads who keep the Buzz alive for the business to Thrive top haveto endure these types of things at HoH.

Seriously.

Unless there is going to be stores thru-out cities to get these inthe near future, HoH is making things worse rather than better for the Lebron Supporter andConsumer. The base is going to wane due to being shunned Release after Release.

You have PLENTY of people willing to pay whatever RETAIL is, and then you have others buying up stock who then flip it for MORE than what Nike makes. That wasnot the intent AT ALL behind HoH and folks in the store need to be held accountable for allowing people to buy 5 and 6 pairs....

This isnt Hype Building. This is Consumer Base Losing.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

So I wonder.... who's friends with WP and got more than one pair to walk out of the store with?

I don't care what ANYONE at the Brand and AT HoH think... It's pure crap for the True heads who keep the Buzz alive for the business to Thrive top have to endure these types of things at HoH.

Seriously.

Unless there is going to be stores thru-out cities to get these inthe near future, HoH is making things worse rather than better for the Lebron Supporter and Consumer. The base is going to wane due to being shunned Release after Release.

You have PLENTY of people willing to pay whatever RETAIL is, and then you have others buying up stock who then flip it for MORE than what Nike makes. That was not the intent AT ALL behind HoH and folks in the store need to be held accountable for allowing people to buy 5 and 6 pairs....

how many people do you know that gave up on sneakers after loosing out to resellers or grabby employees. i believe a bubble burst is eminent like thedot com failures in the late '90s, but not anytime soon. people that missed out today will be going much harder in the future.

Rock,

Is there any talk of abandoning the releases at HOH? Or does Nike just not care so long they keep selling out?

What about making future releases available at HOH AND some kind of online release? (say Members Only Store or BDay like release)

That DM talk was really disturbing also.

I don't care what ANYONE at the Brand and AT HoH think... It's pure crap for the True heads who keep the Buzz alive for the business to Thrive top have to endure these types of things at HoH.

Seriously.

Unless there is going to be stores thru-out cities to get these inthe near future, HoH is making things worse rather than better for the Lebron Supporter and Consumer. The base is going to wane due to being shunned Release after Release.

You have PLENTY of people willing to pay whatever RETAIL is, and then you have others buying up stock who then flip it for MORE than what Nike makes. That was not the intent AT ALL behind HoH and folks in the store need to be held accountable for allowing people to buy 5 and 6 pairs....

reseller=death of a true sneakerhead if you ask me...perhaps eventually. I understand those PE's that get sold that never make it available to thepublic though cuz they just aren't available and you gotta have done something (maybe) to have a connect to get them.

Originally Posted by bak ymmij

Rock,

Is there any talk of abandoning the releases at HOH? Or does Nike just not care so long they keep selling out?

What about making future releases available at HOH AND some kind of online release? (say Members Only Store or BDay like release)

Sorry bro, i think you misread my post. The only talk i had with the DM was trying to get her to sell me the display 10.5s and about the yankeerelease. She was actually trying to get a name about the 5 oclock drop cuz apparently employees are not supposed to be leaking info to the public and shelooked a little disturbed and try to throw me off with a potential friday the 7th release instead. It was 2 employees that were talking to me trying to sell meshoes there that their sales pitch was to resell it like everyone else does. -1 chick tried the pitch with Mr. T dunks. -Another guy we talked about the HOHgrand opening in the Lebron section and discussing the design of the Lebron V all stars and chinas. I told him the V's were wac but Mr. Bballs and maybethe yankees were the only ones worthy of talk. That guy then proceeded to try to get me to just buy the Lebron all stars and just flip it. Same thing with theChinas that were way above my size. I just walked away. Overall though the store set up is dope, and the few employees i chatted with were cool minus theirselling scheme.

Originally Posted by bak ymmij

Rock,

laugh.gif
nike doesnt care.

Seriously.

There was no one buying 5-6 pairs unless they bought 5-6 people and in the that case they deserve 5-6 pairs. They did release fairly nice and made it 1 perperson. I tired talking to the lady who I think was the DM watching over the release for a good 20 mins
laugh.gif
. She never budged and said I couldn't get another pair. Told me to comeback at 5pm if they had any left she'd let me get more but I doubt they had any left. It basically went like this, once you got there they took your namedown and called you so they keep track of people. I am sure a couple slipped and might have got 2. Btw these are really nice in person.

Congrats to those who got them. I wish there was a HoH near me, but it is messed up on nike's part for making a silly releases like this. They'retrashy online releases suck as it is and now they're limiting sneakers to people who just happen to live by the only store that sells them. SMH @ nike.

Originally Posted by xilegacy

Seriously.

There was no one buying 5-6 pairs unless they bought 5-6 people and in the that case they deserve 5-6 pairs. They did release fairly nice and made it 1 per person. I tired talking to the lady who I think was the DM watching over the release for a good 20 mins
laugh.gif
. She never budged and said I couldn't get another pair. Told me to come back at 5pm if they had any left she'd let me get more but I doubt they had any left. It basically went like this, once you got there they took your name down and called you so they keep track of people. I am sure a couple slipped and might have got 2. Btw these are really nice in person.
well i was there just before 130 hit. it was a totally different scenerio. and the pix that some people are posting with multiple boxes and PM'sfrom members on ISS offering me multiple sizes shows that A LOT of resellers got their hands on A LOT of pairs. So if the DM planned to stop resellers fromstocking kicks....they failed!

Whatever it is, it's been going on for way too long...and sadly, it makes true fans of the brand think twice about their dedication...

Nike talks so much about how they don't want people reselling their products and yet continue to do things like this
eyes.gif

I mean I'm all for special releases...but to make them limited to the point where anyone who is not within 100 miles of the place knows they have no way toget them is just antagonistic...

If anyone should be getting rare lebron releases like this it should be in Cleveland, or Akron...

Seriously guys...I wasnt there so I didnt witness it first hand...BUT...if a person walked out of that store with 5 or 6 pairs like is being said...that isbeyond upsetting, and beyond a huge disappointment. I did not see it with my own eyes, but considering someone said they saw it happen, well...I dont know...

Luckily, for me, this Lebron release did not interest me too much, so I didnt go after these shoes, but if HOH is pumping this one per deal so hard, and yetcause someone had connects they walked out with 5 pairs...well, thats foul, point blank. I really hope for the sake of good business that this did NOT go down.

so as John said
the " DM" looked out for the people.... LOL
wink.gif

Time to end the HoH concept..... Unless its HoH online

Back
Top Bottom