Official Houston Rockets 2013 Offseason Thread: Welcome D12 to Houston!

do work son

Banned
Haven't seen one started yet so I figured I would. where the other rockets fans at :nerd: i know there's a handful of us on here

Last edited:
Paging SoleSearchin, Clutch, and WhatsLosinLike with his beta Kirko Bangz lookin ***

Paging SoleSearchin, Clutch, and WhatsLosinLike with his beta Kirko Bangz lookin ***

Was busy on the Sports Gambling thread, played that Rockets ML +123 and cashed in.

Man, this season is going to be exciting, but with PPat's injury, how long will it take for Jones to start getting some PT? Hopefully not that long, and Greg Smith and Delfino did their thing's tonight. And Harden, I can't even say anything, he shut everyone up and played like I though he would. At ASU I always felt he was as good of a distributor as he was a scorer.

1-0

Yep Rockets looked good last night. Besides the TOs and missed open shots tho.

Anyone know why T Jones didnt get any PT?

Harden's got me pretty excited about this season. We're still a long way away from being a contender, but hopefully we can lure another big name to play alongside him. Lin definitely needs to cut down on all the turnovers though :smh:

What yall think bout us trying to sign Josh Smith in the offseason? I think that combo would be insane.

Harden and J Smoove pick and roll
pimp.gif

James Harden :smokin

And Greg Smith looked nice out there, I hope his injury isn't too severe.

What yall think bout us trying to sign Josh Smith in the offseason? I think that combo would be insane.
Harden and J Smoove pick and roll:pimp:

Had we not gone super young, I wouldn't have minded that. But him, Danny Granger, Al Jefferson, and David West (guys mentioned before) have already maxed out their potential, and i don't think would make a huge difference. I don't know who else would be available though.

I don't really want Josh Smith, he's an all-star caliber player but he won't make us contenders.

We need a big man that we can throw it to down in the post.

The 2013 free agent pool really doesn't have anyone we could seriously target, besides maybe Bynum.
I'd like to see the Rockets go after Lamarcus Alridge if the Blazers ever considered trading him.

Harden and J Smoove pick and roll:pimp:

easy pass. however many years in the league and it looks like he hasn't progressed his game at all. dude still can't hit a jump shot to save his life. and he's getting older, when that athleticism goes away he will become a scrub, IMO

easy pass. however many years in the league and it looks like he hasn't progressed his game at all. dude still can't hit a jump shot to save his life. and he's getting older, when that athleticism goes away he will become a scrub, IMO
Yea but imo he hasnt been put in good situations to succed. He obviously isnt a #1 option but I think he could fit in nicely here as a #2 or #3 option with Harden and Lin. I know he had Johnson and Horford in ATL but they didnt have that PG that could just handle the rock. And if Harden proves he is the truth this season he would be in a perfect situation to sign here.

If you look at his fg % the past few seasons it hasnt been great but not bad either. Let Mchale get an offseason with em and teach him some post moves. Asik and Smith protecting the rim while Harden breaks down the D on offense
pimp.gif
. Im just saying this all sounds good but we gotta wait and see how the the season pans out to see where the team is at. If there able to make a deep run in the playoffs then a good signing like Smith could put us up there to contend.

Last edited:
Let's be serious here. This team is probably going to win a max of 45 games, and that's being kind. This is still a young team with no true number 2 option.
This roster still needs a lot of upgrades. I'm just eager to see Harden grow into his new role and see how the rookies progress throughout the year.

There's definitely a good nucleus here, especially after 3 years of reloading and stagnating. Besides Delfino, the average age of the Rockets is 23, so there's room for a lot of improvement. It would be great if Royce and Jones cn pan out, and the same with Donatas. Another top guy with this group would be some really good. There's gonna be growing pains, but that happens with inexperienced teams like this. I'm excited though, and knows there's only up from here.

tumblr_mcsfg6O7N81rbpm3uo1_400.jpg

And Harden is probably a blessing for Lin

Yea thats what im saying im waitng to see how the season pans out and if certain players step up and show that they can play then we would be a few signings away from being a really good team. I dont wanna get ahead of myself or anything but as a fan you can only hope for the best and im just trying to see what the best scenario would look like lol.

Its gonna be really fun watching this team grow through the wins and close losses tho.

Also what picks do we currently have for next years draft? Or did we trade them all?

I'm going to try to follow Rockets this year
nerd.gif
. This team seems like it will be pretty fun to watch

Asik will continue to put up nice numbers quietly for ya'll. I really like his game

i'm gonna leave this here. the new and improved version. :smokin :smokin
394017_10151212088134857_102095623_n.jpg

Well Hello, Gentleman. I don't post that much on this here NT but this season should be an exciting one with Lin + Harden + ASG this year being in Houston. When I get to a computer I'll post pics/vids from the Harden press conference that I went to. Got to meet Mr. Harden. Pretty cool experience!

While some of you may not have Comcast sports tv channel like me, NBA league pass is free for right now till November 8th.

Anyone going to the Home Opener on Saturday?? I'll be up there! :pimp:

Well Hello, Gentleman. I don't post that much on this here NT but this season should be an exciting one with Lin + Harden + ASG this year being in Houston. When I get to a computer I'll post pics/vids from the Harden press conference that I went to. Got to meet Mr. Harden. Pretty cool experience!

While some of you may not have Comcast sports tv channel like me, NBA league pass is free for right now till November 8th.

Anyone going to the Home Opener on Saturday?? I'll be up there! :pimp:

i'm going too!

Any of yall plan on going to the ASG in a few months?

Ima try to make it but if not ill just settle with the Jam Session
laugh.gif
 I remember goin last time and it was live.

Wow, unbelievable. I'm so happy for Houston and their fans. Harden was a great pickup and OKC will be regretting this trade in the no so distant future... guaranteed.

can't wait to see how the Rockets season unfolds this year.

Goodluck to ya'll.

Thanks man^

If my school schedule permits, I'll definitely be in town for All Star weekend.

Back
Top Bottom