OFFICIAL HOUSTON ROCKETS OFFSEASON THREAD Vol. D12?

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
at you guys recognizing that purgatory still exists in Htown.

Nothing changing, *daryl morey coice* but at least we have flexibility!

If all we come away this off-season is Omer and Lin...
sick.gif
roll.gif

Why even sign them? Just #+%$$#% blow it up already. It's so damn hard to try and trade for a star. This model of trying to upgrade the roster while remaining competitive just isn't working. This all has to stem from Les Alexander though, Morey knows what he's being asked to do is ultra difficult. Thus the reason he has failed at acquiring a star.

Idk about you guys but it seems like the youth movement has already started. And they are trying to rid themselves of Martin & Scola and possibly Lowry.

If Dragic doesn't resign then it looks like a rebuild job to me and frankly I can get with that plan.

http://basketball.realgm...._Bulls_Mavericks_Wizards

The Clippers, Pacers, Bulls, Mavericks and Wizards have all expressed interest in Courtney Lee, according to sources.

The Rockets withdrew their qualifying offer to Lee as they attempt to sign Omer Asik and possibly several other free agents.

mad.gif

I'm cool with blowing up the team too but we need to decide what we're going to do... Hopefully we're still in the running for D12 but it doesn't sound like he would resign if we got him.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

So in three years we could be paying Asik and Lin 28 million dollars?
30t6p3b.gif

28 million coming off the salary cap. Huge trading chips, but then again TMac & Yao were big trading chips too.
laugh.gif

I'm with you on that Statis. Even with Asik and possibly Lin, once Scola, Lowry, and Martin (I think realistically ONE of them is staying) are gone, we basically HAVE
blown the team up. The "veterans" of the team will be P-Patt and Asik
laugh.gif
I'm not even counting Shawn Livingston cause he probably won't be on the team. I
honestly want to see how this team does if no more big moves are made.

I've been telling people that this season was the perfect opportunity for the Rockets to tank their season. Year after year we've been on the bottom of the lottery and getting absolutely %**+ out of it.

Originally Posted by ralph91

Will we ever get new jerseys?

man i hope so, i've always thought our current jerseys was ugly anyway.   Get rid of the those wide shoulders 
sick.gif

http://espn.go.com/new-yo...-lin-backloaded-contract

The Houston Rockets plan to offer a contract to New York Knicks guard Jeremy Lin on Wednesday, according to a report by The New York Post.

[h4]NBA Free Agency[/h4]
nba.gif
NBA free agency is under way and ESPN.com has you covered with all the latest deals, trades and potential moves.
Free agents | Trade Targets | RC
in.gif

• Insider: Free-agent PER rankings
in.gif

• More: TrueHoop | Trade Machine

The Post, citing a league source, reports the Rockets will offer Lin a backloaded deal worth roughly $30 million. According to the same source, the deal would pay Lin $5 million in the first season, $5.2 million in the second season, and then increase to as much as $10 million per year in the third and fourth seasons.

"Jeremy Lin's an excellent player," Rockets general manager Daryl Morey told The Post. "We got to know him firsthand when he was with the Rockets early this season. We think he'd make a fantastic addition to our team."

While both Lin and the Knicks are hoping for a reunion, sources have told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard that if any clubs offer Lin a backloaded contract that pays him an eight-figure salary in the third and fourth years, the Knicks could be hesitant to match the offer.

With the new collective bargaining agreement employing a more punitive luxury tax beginning in the 2013-14 season, the Knicks are concerned about the financial ramifications of such a deal.

The Knicks can offer Lin a four-year deal worth $24.5 million. In 35 games with the Knicks last season, Lin averaged 14.6 points and 6.2 assists per game.

So, as a Bulls fan, Asik is an incredible defense player..but thats it...his offense is non existent...he is def not worth 25 over 3 years....now I read reports the Bulls are seriously contemplating matching that offer is besides me...

soo who yall planing to play at PG if we match Lin's offer? You have turned arguably your strongest position to your biggest weakness this summer.

^^
Hopefully Courtney Fortson 
pimp.gif
, then we'll all know that the Rockets will be tanking next season.

I want an all power forward line up with whoever at pg( Fortson, Livingston, Boykins, etc) 

http://espn.go.com/nba/st...s-kyle-lowry-sources-say

The Toronto Raptors have acquired guard Kyle Lowry from the Houston Rockets in exchange for forward Gary Forbes and a protected future first-round draft pick, sources tell ESPN.

The Raptors have been talking with the Rockets about prospective Lowry deals for weeks, sources said, and seriously discussed the prospect of swapping the versatile guard for Toronto's No. 8 pick in last month's draft.

Lowry, a seventh-year pro, averaged 14.3 points and 6.6 assists per games last year for the Rockets.

ESPN.com reported Sunday the Raptors were still interested in trading for Lowry even if they had convinced Canadian icon Steve Nash to accept their three-year, $36 million offer in free agency. When Nash opted to urge the Phoenix Suns to instead get him to the Los Angeles Lakers via a sign-and-trade deal, sources say Toronto ramped up its pursuit of Lowry.

And with Kidd to the Knicks, I don't think NY will match our offer for Lin...
mad.gif

Originally Posted by blackxme

I want an all power forward line up with whoever at pg( Fortson, Livingston, Boykins, etc) 
I like the sound of this. 6'9"s on 6'9"s on 6'9"s

The pick is protected out of the top three next year, the top two in 2014 and 2015, and first overall in 2016.
We won't make the playoffs so that pick won't go to Atlanta so should have two Lotto picks next year. We can hope 1 and 4

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222486/Dwight_Howard_Ready_To_Commit_To_Extension_With_Lakers

Dwight Howard has long coveted the Brooklyn Nets as his next landing spot, but after a summer filled with daily rumors of four-team trade proposals, the six-time All-Star has moved on from his Big Apple infatuation and is locked in on joining the Los Angeles Lakers, sources tell RealGM.

The Lakers, Orlando Magic and Cleveland Cavaliers are reportedly discussing a three-team trade that would send Howard to the Lakers, Andrew Bynum to the Cavaliers, while the Magic would receive Anderson Varejao and multiple draft picks.

Howard has always been impressed with the Lakers’ winning tradition and intrigued with the off-court opportunities that come with playing in Los Angeles.

Questions about Howard's role with the team, however, became an early concern for the three-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year. Howard has since moved on from those concerns and is confident he will be an integral part of a team that will have a chance to compete immediately for a championship, according to sources that spoke with RealGM.

The Lakers are reportedly ready to make the trade, but first need assurance from Howard that he will commit to the team long-term. Sources say Howard is “excited” about the opportunity to play for the Lakers and will re-sign with the team when his contract expires at the end of the 2012-13 season.

- Jarrod can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @JRudolphSports
Via Jarrod Rudolph/RealGM

Really don't see how this trade would help the Cavs or Magic... Making up for the lost CP3 trade.

Lin officially back.

Anybody think because of the all star game next year being in Houston, that Jeremy Lin gets voted into the All star game? lol

How's the Asian fan base. They leave after Yao or they still rockets fans? But Lin could easily be a starter :lol:
The Asik offer sheet should be coming tomorrow after the rockets release a player.

How's the Asian fan base. They leave after Yao or they still rockets fans? But Lin could easily be a starter :lol:
The Asik offer sheet should be coming tomorrow after the rockets release a player.

A lot left after Yao, with a lot of them feeling extremely sad about Yao's retirement (as was I, but not on that fanatic level.) As for around the globe (mostly in China, there were so many Asian bball fans who literally gave up basketball after he retired. i couldn't believe a lot of the reactions that I read, and were being reported, but I understood just cause of the way Yao carried himself and represented China, having all that weight and pressure on his shoulders. Even though Lin isn't Chinese, he still draws a huge Asian fan base, which would be hugely beneficial to the Rockets because of the large Asian population here. The only thing that would make it better if Lin is very successful here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom