OFFICIAL HOUSTON ROCKETS OFFSEASON THREAD Vol. D12?

Wouldnt it be funny if Lin gets injured and machado comes and takes over as the starting point guard. He does what Kyle lowry did to Aaron brooks and what Dragic Goran did to Kyle Lowry.

On another note we have another PF on the Lee trade.

Wouldnt it be funny if Lin gets injured and machado comes and takes over as the starting point guard. He does what Kyle lowry did to Aaron brooks and what Dragic Goran did to Kyle Lowry.
On another note we have another PF on the Lee trade.

Didn't even know Lee got traded. Here's the link/source:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story...rade-houston-rockets-courtney-lee-source-says

Print and Go Back ESPN.com: NBA [Print without images]

Thursday, July 19, 2012
Courtney Lee headed to Celtics?
By Chris Forsberg
ESPNBoston.com

The Boston Celtics are close to acquiring free-agent shooting guard Courtney Lee in a sign-and-trade deal with the Houston Rockets, according to a league source.

More on the Celtics

Keep on top of the Green throughout the offseason with ESPNBoston.com's Chris Forsberg. Blog

• Send Chris a question

The Celtics are expected to send out JaJuan Johnson, E'Twaun Moore, Sean Williams and a second-round pick in exchange for Lee, although it's still possible the pieces could change as the sides work to finalize the trade.

With those combined contracts, Boston could absorb as much as $4.25 million in the first year of a contract for Lee. Any sign-and-trade maneuver requires a minimum length of three years.

After losing Ray Allen to the Miami Heat and with Avery Bradley potentially sidelined for the start of the 2012-13 season after undergoing a pair of shoulder surgeries, the Celtics were in need of a front-line shooting guard. Lee would fill that role, allowing Jason Terry -- who was officially signed Wednesday for the mid-level exception -- to stay in his preferred sixth-man role.

Lee averaged 11.4 points in 30.3 minutes per game last season and shot 40.1 percent beyond the 3-point arc in 58 appearances, including 26 starts.

The Celtics attempted to engage the Dallas Mavericks in a sign-and-trade deal for Terry that would have allowed them to use the mid-level to lure Lee. When that failed, Boston pushed harder with Houston to work out the deal.

Boston likely will send out last year's first-round pick (Johnson) and a pair of non-guaranteed contracts (Moore and Williams). For helping to facilitate the deal, the Rockets would get another draft pick for their stockpile.

Johnson, Moore and Williams all were absent from the Celtics' summer league game in Las Vegas against the Sacramento Kings on Thursday.

Johnson was never seen in the arena, while Moore and Williams arrived with the team but eventually left the floor during warm-ups. Moore and Williams each shared a one-on-one conversation with Celtics coach Doc Rivers in the tunnel next to Boston's locker room before departing the arena.

Rivers and Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge are in Las Vegas taking in summer league action, but both declined to comment on any reports concerning Lee.

Information from ESPNBoston.com's Greg Payne was used in this report.

Got a good young team. We will be rebuilding for sure if we can't get D12. I want the Heat to go back to back anyways, so not hoping for much from my Rockets. All my eggs are in the Texan's basket for sports

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/stor...lls-not-match-houston-rockets-offer-omer-asik

Bulls don't match Omer Asik offer
Updated: July 24, 2012, 3:06 PM ET
ESPNChicago.com

The Chicago Bulls will not match the Houston Rockets' three-year, $25.1 million offer to Omer Asik, the team announced via its website Tuesday morning.

Chicago Bulls Blog

Follow Derrick Rose and the Bulls.
Blog » Latest on Rose » Pics Photo Gallery

"It was a difficult decision because Omer did a nice job for us," Bulls general manager Gar Forman told the team's website Tuesday. "Matching the offer for Omer could have put us in a difficult position going forward in trying to acquire high-level talent. We wish Omer good luck and continued success."

The deal that the Rockets structured would have meant the Bulls would have been on the hook for a cap hit of almost $15 million in the final year of the contract. The Bulls decided they did not want to absorb such a substantial penalty, given their current cap situation.

Asik averaged 3.1 points and 5.3 rebounds coming off the Bulls' bench.

Meanwhile, the Bulls are finalizing deals for Marco Belinelli and Nazr Mohammed, according to a source familiar with the situation.

The 6-foot-5 Belinelli, a former first-round pick (18th overall) by Golden State, averaged 11.8 points last season with the New Orleans Hornets. He is expected to sign for the bi-annual exception, which is just under $2 million.

By using the bi-annual exception, the Bulls' hard-cap themselves at $74 million for the season. As ESPN salary cap expert Larry **** has stated, the hard cap may preclude the Bulls from making any major in-season acquisitions. They will have to add minimum-salaried players to fill out the roster.

Mohammed is expected to sign for the veteran's minimum, which is $1.3 million.

The Bulls also officially announced the signing of Kirk Hinrich, who will appear at a news conference Tuesday afternoon.

The Bulls signed veteran Vladimir Radmanovic earlier this week.

ESPNChicago.com's Nick Friedell contributed to this story.

Did y'all see that the Rockets vs Knicks is not gonna be on ESPN. I was shock cause we all know ESPN love the Knicks. So much for Lin bringing national tv to Houston.

Some rumors via ESPN Insider...

Machado not impressed by Lin
2:32PM ET
Houston Rockets

Recommend0
Comments0
Email

Iona product Scott Machado played Summer League ball for the Rockets, who invited him to training camp, according to the New York Daily News' Mitch Abramson. If he joins the team, he'd have a chance to play the point behind Jeremy Lin, even though he apparently is not that impressed with Lin's performance last season.

"I wasn't on his bandwagon," Machado said. "I was a Knicks fan and we were winning with him, so I was just happy.

"I feel like Jeremy Lin is a good player -- nothing against his game -- but I want to show my talent and be able to play there as well. If I have to sit behind him for a little while then that's fine, but hopefully one day I'll be starting for an NBA team."

Presumably, he must have been fine with the Knicks choosing to not match the Rockets' RFA offer sheet on Lin, though ironically, he may end up competing with Lin for minutes in the Rockets' backcourt. Of course, he'll have to make the team before competing with Lin or getting chance to start in the NBA.

- Tom Carpenter

Morey all in to land a star
9:16AM ET
Houston Rockets

Recommend1
Comments1
Email

The Houston Rockets currently have 20 players under contract and six of them do not have fully guaranteed deals. They also have a bunch of young players, loads of draft picks and Kevin Martin's $12.4 million expiring contract to make a deal for an All-Star.

General manager Daryl Morey is a gambler and he's willing to acquire Dwight Howard or Andrew Bynum even though their contracts expire after 2012-13.

"It's very similar to what Boston did," Morey tells The New York Times. "Hopefully, it will yield the same result."

In 2007 Boston sent Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Theo Ratliff, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair, two first round picks and cash to Minnesota for Kevin Garnett.

The Rockets should have a lot of salary cap room in 2013 and Houston will have a good shot at the top free agents, if Morey fails to land an All-Star this season.

-- Nick Borges

Rockets targeting Delfino
11:47AM ET
Carlos Delfino | Bucks

Recommend1
Comments0
Email

According to this article by Ole.com.ar, the Houston Rockets have made an offer to free agent forward Carlos Delfino.

Earlier this summer, Delfino expressed disappointment that Milwaukee didn't make a bigger effort to bring him back, but that may not matter so much anymore.

The deal with the Rockets is reportedly for one-year with a player option on a second year.

- Joe Kaiser

Asik's role with the Rockets
6:41AM ET
Omer Asik | Rockets

Recommend1
Comments2
Email

Omer Asik was the backup center in Chicago during his first two years in the NBA behind starter Joakim Noah and he's looking forward to being in the first unit with the Houston Rockets.

"This is a big opportunity for me," Asik told the Houston Chronicle. "It will be a little different for me. I didn't start much there, but I think I will be working very hard and try to adapt quickly."

The Rockets signed him to the three-year, $25.1 million contract due his ability to defend the basket and his goal is to improve at the offensive end of the floor.

"I know it looks like the offense is the missing part of my game now, but I believe in myself I can improve that," Asik said. " ... I am very happy I will be with Kevin McHale, a legendary post player. I think I will learn a lot from him and will get better."

-- Nick Borges

Howard's stance remains unchanged
10:02AM ET
Dwight Howard | Magic

Recommend1
Comments1
Email

Orlando Magic general manager Rob Hennigan and assistant general manager Scott Perry met with Dwight Howard in Los Angeles on Wednesday and according to Jarrod Rudolph of RealGM.com, Howard won't sign an extension and he still wants to be traded.

Rudolph writes: "Howard was staunch in his stance and again made it clear to Hennigan that he has no desire to return to Orlando. He told the 30-year-old general manager that he would 'never sign another contract with the Magic.' "

Rudolph reports Howard informed Hennigan he would be willing to sign an extension with the Lakers if he is traded to Los Angeles. Howard would also welcome a trade to the Brooklyn Nets in January.

ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard has confirmed Rudolph's report.

As of today, the Lakers, Nets and Houston Rockets are the best trade partners for the Magic. Hennigan needs to make a trade since Howard will leave for nothing in 2013, maybe to the Dallas Mavericks, if nothing gets done by the February trade deadline.

-- Nick Borges

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222911/Source_Magic_Still_Prefer_Rockets_Proposal_For_Howard

Source: Magic Still Prefer Rockets' Proposal For Howard
Aug 09, 2012 7:27 PM EDT

In addition to their four-team trade talks with the Lakers, Sixers and Nuggets, the Magic remain engaged with the Rockets in trade talks for Dwight Howard.

Houston's most recent proposal would be preferable to Orlando than the four-team proposal that would include Pau Gasol, Arron Afflalo and Nikola Vucevic, according to a source.

Alex Martins told Sports Illustrated in an interview on Tuesday that the Magic know the type of return they are seeking for Howard and will remain patient.

"We have very specific goals as to what we would hope to achieve if we were to trade Dwight, OK?" said Martins. "We acknowledge and are realistic about the fact that you're never going to get equal value in return for Dwight Howard. But if we were to trade him, we have three primary goals that we're trying to achieve and in the end, any deal that's proposed to us I think we've been very clear about the fact about the goals of what we're trying to achieve.

"We have never delineated from that. Some may think that we have, but we have not. Clearly, when we find the right combination of pieces that we're looking for in return, that will determine whether we make a deal or not."
Via Sam Amick/Sports Illustrated

Back
Top Bottom