Official Japanese Snacks/Drinks Appreciation Thread Vol. Don't knock it 'til you try it

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Looks like prison snacks but i cant judge they might be good.

Originally Posted by bkdan1

pocarisweat.jpg
ramune_melon_pop----currythecat.com.JPG

Pocari Sweat and Ramune are my two favorite drinks.
The original ramune flavor is better in my opinion. Not that it matters but Sangaria>any other fake ramune brand. I believe they were theoriginators, but don't quote me on that

The white chocolate candies from Japan are on point
pimp.gif
. White Chocolate Kit Kat and this thin white chocolate wafer one from which the wrapper could bemistaken as a fancy condom packet
laugh.gif
(gotta find it again to prove my point).

Originally Posted by Moderate Gatsby

For those asking, the drink is called Calpis. It's a soft drink and I can't really describe the taste so just try it.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Had some things here and there and they were great! I really want to go to Japan. Anyone know of places on Long Island where I can buy stuff?

I got you. There's two Japanese convenience stores in Port Washington. One's called Nara and the other's called Shin Nippon-Do. Look them up in Google.

Good looking out, but damn Port washington is far I rarely go to the north shore closest thing is when I go to C.W. post Otherwise I rather wait till I take atrip down to manhattan like I do sometimes.

Originally Posted by NYC game

For those asking, the drink is called Calpis. It's a soft drink and I can't really describe the taste so just try it.

Had some things here and there and they were great! I really want to go to Japan. Anyone know of places on Long Island where I can buy stuff?

I got you. There's two Japanese convenience stores in Port Washington. One's called Nara and the other's called Shin Nippon-Do. Look them up in Google.

Good looking out, but damn Port washington is far I rarely go to the north shore closest thing is when I go to C.W. post Otherwise I rather wait till I take a trip down to manhattan like I do sometimes.
Good looks man
I find this

Shin Nippon Do Corporation

63 Mineola Avenue, Roslyn Heights, NY

(516) 625-1814‎
I'll try to check one of them this week

Calpis aka Calpico is like a yogurt drink. Might have to try a Calpico or Ramune Chuhai next time I got to the Japanese restaurant.

Japanese Hi Chews > American Hi Chews. The foil wrappers make them taste better than the ones in the wax paper wrappers IMO and it looks like you get morepieces

Ume (pickled plum), Pineapple, Aloe, Shekwasha (citrus fruit) and American version Mango

Japanese got way better versions of snacks we got here also.

Chestnut, Cookies & Cream, Caramel

Italian Pizza Cheetos

Don't got pics but Umai-bo is amazing too.

Gotta go back to Japan ASAP since lots of these never make it to the US or cost way more.

Moderate Gatsby wrote:

Mastamind89 wrote:

I got you. There's two Japanese convenience stores in Port Washington. One's called Nara and the other's called Shin Nippon-Do. Look them up in
Google.

Good looking out, but damn Port washington is far I rarely go to the north shore closest thing is when I go to C.W. post Otherwise I rather wait till I take a
trip down to manhattan like I do sometimes.
Good looks man
I find this

(516) 625-1814‎

Yeah, that's one of the stores. Nara is in Port Washington.

i love the cookie things with the chocolate inside them. I think there is a panda or a koala

Moderate Gatsby wrote:

Mastamind89 wrote:

I got you. There's two Japanese convenience stores in Port Washington. One's called Nara and the other's called Shin Nippon-Do. Look them up in
Google.

Good looking out, but damn Port washington is far I rarely go to the north shore closest thing is when I go to C.W. post Otherwise I rather wait till I take a
trip down to manhattan like I do sometimes.
Good looks man
I find this

(516) 625-1814‎

Yeah, that's one of the stores. Nara is in Port Washington.
I'm gonna go to Shin Nippon Do Corporation tomorrow, it's a lot closer than I realized, less than 15 from me. And Nara is about 20minssoon I'll check that out relatively soon.

The Hi-Chew I got are the American version, had the wax paper.
I was really hoping to get some flavored KitKat Bars but they didn't have any.
I saw Pocari Sweat but it was a powered and the directions weren't in English, I'm sure they are simple like just to mix with water but still
laugh.gif

I'm gonna try another store in Port Washington before going back to Shin Nippon DO

I cop that Pocari Sweat when I am in HK...crazy nice.

Asian snack foods are on another level.

Back
Top Bottom