+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

indifferent.gif
Where is he writing down lyrics? Only part of the video that I see him with a pen and pad he's writing down the song titles "BBC", "Part II", etc.

Where is he writing down lyrics? Only part of the video that I see him with a pen and pad he's writing down the song titles "BBC", "Part II", etc.
So you mean to tell me you personally sat with Jay-Z the whole time he recorded to make sure no lyrics were wrote??

Good deed young chap

Not sure if anyone pointed this out already but I thought Jay Z said he doesn't write rhymes he just comes up with them in his head and spits it like Biggie used to do but in this video he got a pen and pad and is writing rhymes what type of BS is that? I guess Lil Wayne is the only one of the greats that doesn't write rhymes.

Freestyling nd rapping for a album is two different things. Sometimes artist freestyle a flow nd use it for the album, but 9/10 artist write before they compose.

Don't forget some songs don't make the cut, with that said no artist remembers 20+ unwritten songs off the top :lol:

Last edited:
Freestyling nd rapping for a album is two different things. Sometimes artist freestyle a flow nd use it for the album, but 9/10 artist write before they compose.

Don't forget some songs don't make the cut, with that said no artist remembers 20+ unwritten songs off the top
laugh.gif
There's a difference between freestyling and composing well thought out cohesive verses in your head (without writing) which Jay-Z claims to do.

I am might be wrong, but I thought I saw something where he just writes keywords down to remember the lines as he is coming up with them. He doesn't necessarily write down every line of every song.

*Kanye Shrug*

So you mean to tell me you personally sat with Jay-Z the whole time he recorded to make sure no lyrics were wrote??

Good deed young chap
So you mean to tell me you personally sat with Jay-Z the whole time he recorded to make sure lyrics were wrote??

Good deed young chap

You're trying to disprove my statement with a statement I can throw right back at you - good job. I was just pointing out that I did not see any lyrics being written down in the video

laugh.gif
at Jay causing massive chaos and arguments between people by just releasing lyrics to songs.

Look at what you guys are doing over some
damn pictures of lyrics. Jesus Christ
laugh.gif

And people say Jay doesn't have anything left in the tank. Look at the ruckus he causes with just bits and pieces of info. Non-stop thirst and buzz. Most talked about rapper in the planet again without a single song even released.

And I'm not even that big of a Jay fan. But this is crazy. The thirst is real
laugh.gif

Got the world goin crazy while he sits back and smokes a cigar laughin.
The Tyson line was crazy...

when rappers say they dont write they mean it literally... not figuratively... they write in their heads... they know whats going to be said before they walk in the booth there's just no physical piece of paper or phone with them. its not rocket science... yall dumb as hell

Because we know what he is writing and where he is in the recording process, right? :lol: I'll just take the word of every damn producer & artist he's ever worked with and believe that he doesn't write :lol:

If you really watched the vid, it's not even bars that he's writing "Picasso" "Tom Ford" "BBC"

That's a bar? :lol:

Because we know what he is writing and where he is in the recording process, right? :lol: I'll just take the word of every damn producer & artist he's ever worked with and believe that he doesn't write :lol:

If you really watched the vid, it's not even bars that he's writing "Picasso" "Tom Ford" "BBC"

That's a bar? :lol:

All that has to be said.... The artist AND PRODUCERS HE ACTUALLY WORKS WITH admit to this but as usual the internet knows more than the people who actually do the work :lol:

This negro wrote down 6 words on a piece of paper and ole boy acted like the handwritten album transcript was in the video. :lol:

Just enjoy the music when it drop, ya'll too worried about the wrong things. :smh:

- Preciate it.

All that has to be said.... The artist AND PRODUCERS HE ACTUALLY WORKS WITH admit to this but as usual the internet knows more than the people who actually do the work :lol:

that still just means he isnt writing on paper... he's not freestyling off the top

when rappers say they dont write they mean it literally... not figuratively... they write in their heads... they know whats going to be said before they walk in the booth there's just no physical piece of paper or phone with them. its not rocket science... yall dumb as hell

This isn't true

At least in Jay's case, he does it according to the beat. So he creates the flow pattern and everything while listening to the beat.

It's been shown in several documentaries and tv programs. Even in the Samsung commercials, when he's mumbling along to it.

You can tell the difference in some other people, because they have the same flow no matter the beat structure. They might do it that way.

Last edited:
I could have sworn I seen video with guru and he says that jay uses garage band and he records a few lines at a time and he may go over a few parts so it's kinda like he punches in certain parts. One of the WTT recording vids shows him doing this too I believe. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Am I the only one that loves that there is no single yet and hopes there isn't one?

There might not be.
Kanye didn't drop one, so jay might be doing the same.

Could be part of the new rules.
Ye did +300k his first week.. Which is his lowest first week ever,
Butt considering there was no single those are great numbers.

Am I the only one that loves that there is no single yet and hopes there isn't one?
At first no, only because based upon some of the responses in here I thought a track was going to be released on 6/26, but since that didn't happen I can just wait till next week when the entire album comes out. 

^Yeah I think that info about there even being a single didn't come from a legit source. At this point with the album less than a week a way I think a single is unnecessary and as I said before Jay is at a point where he doesn't need to drop a single.

Crystalmethod, I too think its part of the new rules and I am all for it.

Back
Top Bottom