+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

What happened to that machine powering up sound just blaze uses on the beat drop on Holy Grail?

Jay use the same sample as for the moment on heaven?

It doesnt matter if you have a 256 or 320 or FLAC. I believe the original download from the app is 160 kbps. Anything else at this point wont be better.

It doesnt matter if you have a 256 or 320 or FLAC. I believe the original download from the app is 160 kbps. Anything else at this point wont be better.
bingo

laugh.gif

mean.gif
 @ people asking for links

how do you not know how to find free music in 2013?

I've never been on to be concerned about the quality but I just went and got the 320kb version to see the difference.
That is true, cause I have a Samsung phone.

At least now I can be a snob about having a higher quality version than the next dude.

Last edited:
Random thoughts...

- I think JT sounds perfect on Holy Grail, but I really wish that beat drop had some heavier bass. It sounds a little flat compared to the rest of the album.

- Picasso Baby sounds like "So Ghetto 2013"

- Frank Ocean is really boring now. It's like he uses the exact same cadence on every song. His feature really keeps me from loving Oceans.

- Timbaland needs to keep riding this sampling wave he's on.

- I don't really like that Crown will forever make me think of Ja Rule. If you're gonna use the same sample you should at least have a different song title.

- The beginning of Versus reminds me of Who You Wit

- Part II uses the same Billy Squier drums as 99 Problems

- Did Timbaland just sample a kid talking in a room for La Familia? You can even hear the TV playing in the background. Awesome.

- Nickels and Dimes reminds me of the woman singing in the radiator from Eraserhead.
How does versus remind u of who u wit??????????????????

Album is surprisingly pretty dope, can't even hate.

"Oceans" and "La Familia" stood out the most for me.

Whatever Timbaland is on right now, I support it 1000%. Some of those beats were :wow:

Ya'll gotta listen to this joint while eating lunch in a castle in the French countryside in the company of some North African and Latina chicks sipping Merlot.

Still like Yeezus more tho'.

NT ya'll never cease to amaze me. bout to bump while i blow **** up tonight!!!

After 1 listen, I should know better to doubt HOV, he def delivered, production is amazing, lyrically he lost a step but there were parts he was going off. This is def better than Cole, Yeezy, and Wale and only person who might have better album this summer could be Drake

Back
Top Bottom