+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

yhis is really a hip hop album, i feel no influence from new hip hop on here besides the social network and molly references. This is a 5/5 for me. Best Jay-z album since black out.
???

What's new hip hop?

f you mean stuff new age rappers are doing then...

That might be a based/Lil' B flow on Tom Ford.  And La Familia is that Chief Keef type music.
I know this article is old, I read it yesterday morning,
laugh.gif

Wow.
You know DAMN WELL someone would have hit me with a "LATEEEEE saw that posted 45 minutes ago!"
roll.gif

Last edited:
did you just say jay-z is using a lil b flow? :smh: New hip hop is atlanta flows like future or sing songy rap structures like drake and kanye and cole and big sean, or the hype my in between every line like how meek mill does, basically this is strictly raps beats and hooks no new school filter.

Last edited:
I said it earlier in this thread, the song "Tom Ford" is directly influenced by the Lil B movement.

Ehh, album is pretty much wack to me on that steez like WTT but Holy Grail and Part II are dope. Love that smoothed out vibe to Part II and B sounding good on it.

did you just say jay-z is using a lil b flow?
mean.gif
New hip hop is atlanta flows like future or sing songy rap structures like drake and kanye and cole and big sean, or the hype my in between every line like how meek mill does, basically this is strictly raps beats and hooks no new school filter.
Lil' B didn't invent that rap/chorus style but he popularized it.  And Tom Ford is that Lil' B flow and hook style.  So yes.  Jay-Z is using a Lil' B flow. 

It wouldn't be the first time he took what was in and tried to incorporate it.  How do you think he's stayed so relevant?

I also noticed you didn't disagree that La Familia is straight out of Chief Keefs notebook.

Last edited:
And when everybody closes their laptops and puts their phones down, Lil' B doesn't exist.

Last edited:
No one knows him outside of the internet, and he doesn't have nearly the influence that his fans think he has

No one knows him outside of the internet, and he doesn't have nearly the influence that his fans think he has
I'm not even a Lil' B fan, he's garbage but I think you're being naive.

Jay just spent 3 minutes in a tv spot you praised talking about how internet musicians are changing the game.

Last edited:
Lil B sells out shows though. He gave a lecture at NYU in a packed house. Don't try to play the Based God like that
Jay throwing beats on his album from 16 year old internet producers in Canada, but Lil' B wouldn't reach his ears?

I feel like an idiot right now since I can't figure this out.

I downloaded the album using the sansung app but I can't find the album on my phone (S3). Not showing up in downloads or added/all music.

Is there not a way to play it outside of the app?

I feel like an idiot right now since I can't figure this out.

I downloaded the album using the sansung app but I can't find the album on my phone (S3). Not showing up in downloads or added/all music.

Is there not a way to play it outside of the app?

I honestly don't think nobody but Ross could have pulled of the vibe they were going for on that song.
Not even Jeezy, Meek Mill, 2 Chainz, French or, even Chief Keef

Feeling the album. Its like a better version of WTT. Liking the lines but ya'll gotta stop acting like it's genius *** **** 

what happened to jays conversational flow. seems like he's yelling or something all the time now. I listened to the majority of the album on my run tonight. its good music, but not what I needed from Jay. album will be forgotten

The lyrics definitely take a backseat to the beats, which is unfortunate for an artists as skilled as jay z
sort of like a really good singer wasting their talents on run of the mill pop songs

at times it all feels like one long song with the same things being said in sort of the same ways
enjoyable, but not really special IMO

Well said...I think this pretty much sums up my feelings on the album. It is a good album but not great and the production definitely steals the show. I am a huge Jay fan but lyrically at certain points on this album his lyrics were dumbed down and rather elementary which is disappointed because he is more skilled than that.

Back
Top Bottom