Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

haters are mad because he's Asian American "damn he's living my dream by playing in the league. And he's Asian!"

Combined with the fact that he's not good, it's all a little overboard, no?
That's the point though, he's going to have an opportunity to show if he's good or not. And he's the first of our demographic that will have that opportunity, he really represents our generation like that. No one's hyping him up to be the next Chris Paul, people are just in general real excited he's going to have a chance. And from a culture where the parents try to "force" careers onto their kids, for him to be making it big in basketball demonstrates that if you put in hard work you can succeed.

Meh, my point is, no one's hyping him up to be that good. It's really more because he's going to have an opportunity, and he's the very first Asian-American. This is 10000x bigger for Asian-Americans compared to Yao Ming or Yi Jianlian, those guys don't represent us at all. Jeremy, however, does. And for me personally, it's all surreal and crazy to me still that he made it this far, having went to the same Chinese school as he did and playing against him several times in pickup and in tournament games.

Combined with the fact that he's not good, it's all a little overboard, no?
That's the point though, he's going to have an opportunity to show if he's good or not. And he's the first of our demographic that will have that opportunity, he really represents our generation like that. No one's hyping him up to be the next Chris Paul, people are just in general real excited he's going to have a chance. And from a culture where the parents try to "force" careers onto their kids, for him to be making it big in basketball demonstrates that if you put in hard work you can succeed.

Meh, my point is, no one's hyping him up to be that good. It's really more because he's going to have an opportunity, and he's the very first Asian-American. This is 10000x bigger for Asian-Americans compared to Yao Ming or Yi Jianlian, those guys don't represent us at all. Jeremy, however, does. And for me personally, it's all surreal and crazy to me still that he made it this far, having went to the same Chinese school as he did and playing against him several times in pickup and in tournament games.

haters are mad because he's Asian American "damn he's living my dream by playing in the league. And he's Asian!"

laugh.gif

It was no name I've ever seen on here. Probably just a passerby.

KLJ, you gotta understand that this dude is like our jackie robinson. im not saying he is going to be a legendary ballplayer, or that he is doing anything for civil rights. Im JUST sayin that he is essentially our first person to make it to the big stage. That is the ONLY reason anyone is making a big deal about him.

Dudes like yao ming dont count, they're like circus spectacles. This is a normal guy who made it.
Every single asian american dude that has ever played ball has dreamt of being the first asian american to make the nba.

also, Taiwan >>>>> China

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and, damn ga.
laugh.gif

KLJ, you gotta understand that this dude is like our jackie robinson. im not saying he is going to be a legendary ballplayer, or that he is doing anything for civil rights. Im JUST sayin that he is essentially our first person to make it to the big stage. That is the ONLY reason anyone is making a big deal about him.

Dudes like yao ming dont count, they're like circus spectacles. This is a normal guy who made it.
Every single asian american dude that has ever played ball has dreamt of being the first asian american to make the nba.

also, Taiwan >>>>> China

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and, damn ga.
laugh.gif

He has a jason williams type buzz when he has the ball in his hands. I hope that lasts a couple seasons for him and it doesnt turn into a circus gimmick act that teams will pickup on in a couple weeks.

Performing well in SL does not translate well into NBA performances.. just ask zach randolph

He has a jason williams type buzz when he has the ball in his hands. I hope that lasts a couple seasons for him and it doesnt turn into a circus gimmick act that teams will pickup on in a couple weeks.

Performing well in SL does not translate well into NBA performances.. just ask zach randolph

Originally Posted by Andrew630

To you Taiwanese people, you're still Chinese.

"What a formal declaration of independence would consist of is not clear and can be confusing given the fact that the People's Republic of China has never controlled Taiwan since its founding and the fact that the Republic of China, whose government controls Taiwan, is still a sovereign state as established at Nanjing in 1911."

The only thing keeping Taiwan from being recognized as a completely separate country is the immense power China has over the UN. But don't get it twisted, China does not control Taiwan. Yes we are ethnically Chinese, but we've had our own DEMOCRATIC government for quite a few decades.

I also don't understand why you haters from China always be tryna clutch onto Taiwan, like a little girl that got spurned by her man.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Andrew630

To you Taiwanese people, you're still Chinese.

"What a formal declaration of independence would consist of is not clear and can be confusing given the fact that the People's Republic of China has never controlled Taiwan since its founding and the fact that the Republic of China, whose government controls Taiwan, is still a sovereign state as established at Nanjing in 1911."

The only thing keeping Taiwan from being recognized as a completely separate country is the immense power China has over the UN. But don't get it twisted, China does not control Taiwan. Yes we are ethnically Chinese, but we've had our own DEMOCRATIC government for quite a few decades.

I also don't understand why you haters from China always be tryna clutch onto Taiwan, like a little girl that got spurned by her man.
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom