Official: John Wall Signs With Reebok

if you aren't with nike, then you aren't gonna get much sales as Kobe, Lebron, and etc...

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

wonder what his number with Nike/ reebok/ adidas were..

pretty sure reebok offer'd him more..

if i was in his shoes, i would have prolly did the same thing. its all about the money at the end of the day

definitely the money was, no doubt, a huge factor in the decision, but i think reebok presents a unique opportunity that the other brands do not offer...namely to be a featured athlete. i am biased, but i think its surprising that so many (not just here, because this is NIKETALK, but the general view from the web seems to be a lot people who were looking forward to his shoe from nike) do not see this as a GOOD THING? should nike & adidas be the only places athletes go?

Originally Posted by hawkflight6

With that being said from a performance/ aesthetic point of view it's a really stupid move cause reebok is so far behind those other two brands

is that so? i mean aesthetics is totally subjective (and is also affected by whatever marketing people do [or do NOT] see) and as far as performance and technical know-how, the gap, if there is a gap, it is not really that big between these 3 brands...just that they each have different approaches (i mean adidas has made shoes with computer controlled cushioning!!!, but you hardly hear of people putting them on the same level of the swoosh) where the gap exists is primarily in the profits...

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

I like that more brands are getting into the action. It helps keep everybody on their toes and gives people another option.

I LOVE Nike Basketball. I'll put my feet into something else though. Especially if the product is a high performance option.

it is really this...in the era that performance basketball footwear was illest the key thing was competition you had adidas, and1, fila, nike, reebok, etc. to me that is what is exciting about this move and what it could mean, that hopefully more brands are getting serious about challenging the leader...

i'm excited to see reeboks zigtech basketball shoes. i was never really into the the hexride because it involved air bladders that were exposed on the outsole (stupid) and they just didnt give the nice plush feel you expect from pricey shoes.

the zigtech seems to work at least. they dont feel amazing when you walk around in them, but they definitely do a good job of dispersing impact when running/jumping. at least that was my experience with the zigpulse.

i will probably get some of the zigtechs and some of the hyperfuses this season. while adidas is busy creating heat-activated color changing stripes on its shoes, nike and reebok are developing performance shoes like the zigs and hyperfuse mesh basketball shoes.

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

Ya'll are too quick to hate.

Reebok's reinventing their whole line, and a baller like Wall means they can do great things with his shoe line. If Wall signed with Nike or Jordan he'd just be wearing a PE colorway of whatever the major Nike product is.

Wait and see. (And stop hating or loving brands because of the logo. A hot shoe is a hot shoe)
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Way to blaze your own trail JWall, I'm looking forward to what's cookin' in the kitchen...

they had to replace A.I some howgood move reebok
but as for john wall
tired.gif
good luck with that

i like this move.  Too many names on nike, he'll get no shine.  Reebok is reinventing itself so he has a chance there.  And since Adidas owns Reebok i don't think they offered any deal.  They wanted him to solidify Reebok's bball.

they look terrible. reebok cant be serious throwing the zigs on wall's feet and expect to make any kind of noise in the industry.

Reebok is garbage. They couldn't do anything with allen iverson.

btw this isn't a knock on allen, he's my favorite player.

I've always been a Nike guy but have always given new tech a chance, but all the tech in the world isn't going to sell that shoe. You could put anyone behind it and it wouldn't move. They should've just put him in a retro or retooled Burst and sign a guy like Favors (or former teammate Cousins) and put him in a retroed or retooled Kamikaze.

well now that you put that out, there's plenty of room for improvement. give me the next model in the line.

should have just signed with an off name like PUMA and give him their Ferrari line.
just slap the ferrari logo on his shoe, now that's fast.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Reebok didn't do anything with Iverson? Huh?!

the first 5 shoes moved well but the line died a quick death right after it.

i liked the questions, answer 1,4,5 personally.  it was a wrap starting with 6.

What an awful commercial.

director: "Action, now John come flex for the remain second of the spot. Perfect. It's a wrap"

What an awful commercial.

director: "Action, now John come flex for the remain second of the spot. Perfect. It's a wrap"

Back
Top Bottom