Official Jordan Fly Wade Thread

does anyone know the tech that these have? i have heard that they are very light but anyone solid info would be greatly appreciated
pimp.gif

seems like theres alot of Hate for these.. i mean clearly they dont have the best looks..
but i dont think they are really so bad and for balling purposes, id cop a pair.

Originally Posted by michael0360

seems like theres alot of Hate for these.. i mean clearly they dont have the best looks..
but i dont think they are really so bad and for balling purposes, id cop a pair.

Yeah, I definitely feel like these would be great on court.

Not bad. I've certainly seen worse on D-Wade's feet over the years.
laugh.gif
All in all, I think it's solid. Not great, not horrible, but solid.

Originally Posted by shinkuhadouken91

Originally Posted by gzagenius

more like official garbage thread. horrible shoe

nice job on giving a reason why lol, but as far as looks these aren't bad at all

Here's a reason why.  These shoes are extremely ugly.  Add cheesy neon colors and they're even uglier.  On top of that, theyre 140 dollars.  Also, some people can tell how a shoe performs by looking at it.  Interesting.

In the pic where Wade is holding the blue pair with 2 hands and looking down at it what's the caption? "FML"
laugh.gif
or "Damn...it could at least match this JB polo..."

are the heat wearing blue or green in the playoffs? the lebron 8 v3s are coming in the exact same colorways

So now no one will be wearing the sig Jordan 2011 in the playoffs? Great move JB. Great move. Way to dwarf a great shoe once again. These look like kids team shoes. Might as well have made the Evolution 85 with Hyperfuse so it's the lightest Jordan shoe and then let Wade wear them.

I am disappoint. Again.

Originally Posted by Heshua

Originally Posted by gzagenius

more like official garbage thread. horrible shoe

nice job on giving a reason why lol, but as far as looks these aren't bad at all

Here's a reason why.  These shoes are extremely ugly.  Add cheesy neon colors and they're even uglier.  On top of that, theyre 140 dollars.  Also, some people can tell how a shoe performs by looking at it.  Interesting.

All opinion and a matter of personal taste, 140 isnt bad considering the price of retros and their performance now on the court

All opinion and a matter of personal taste, 140 isnt bad considering the price of retros and their performance now on the court 

Nope.  140 is bad, hence the 2 comments laughing underneath yours.  And they are ugly.  Soulja boy can be someone's favorite rapper, it doesnt mean that he doesnt suck.

Nope.  140 is bad, hence the 2 comments laughing underneath yours.  And they are ugly.  Soulja boy can be someone's favorite rapper, it doesnt mean that he doesnt suck.
omfgroflbbq you missed the whole point, just nvmd.....

Originally Posted by bundy9

Set also to hit Nike iD....

jordan-fly-wade-01.jpg

Today in Miami, Jordan Brand officially unveiled their first signature sneaker for Miami Heat’s Dwayne Wade: the Jordan Fly Wade, designed by Mark Smith, Jordan Creative Director, and Tom Luedecke, Jordan Senior Footwear Designer. Weighing in at only 13 ounces, the Jordan Fly Wade is the lightest Jordan Brand basketball sneaker to date. While light weight, the sneaker does not sacrifice on the technology which includes a full-length Phylon midsole, a asymmetrical collar for optimal performance on the court, Nike Zoom unit in the forefoot, Max Air unit in the heel and an internal 3/4 bootie rounding out some of the note worthy specs. With the playoffs fast approaching, the new Jordan Fly Wade is Jordan Brand’s answer to Dwayne Wade’s post season drive to the finals so keep an eye out on Mr. Wade’s performance and feet over the next few weeks. Dwayne Wade is the third hand-chosen (by Michael Jordan) Team Jordan Athlete to receive a signature sneaker under Jordan Brand, the other two, Chris Paul and Derek Jeter. The first two colorways of the Jordan Fly Wade will be available in the U.S. on Thursday, May 5, 2011 and in China on Saturday, May 7, 2011 for a suggested retail price of $140.  In addition, the Jordan Fly Wade will be available for NikeiD customization on Sunday, May 29, 2011. The final two colorways will be available in June.

Take a look below for additional photos and specs…

Technology Features:
Upper
•Combination of lightweight synthetic leather and engineered textile on the upper provide lightweight support and stability for peak performance on the court
•Perforations on the quarter panel enhance ventilation and breathability
•Laminate TPU and no-sew construction provides lightweight support and durability
•Internal 3/4 bootie construction for comfort
•Asymmetrical Collar cut lower on the lateral side and higher on the medial side to allow for optimal support and range of motion in the ankle
•Strategically placed notches along the eyestays allow flexibility and lock down the foot for a better fit

Midsole
•External TPU midfoot shank plate provides torsional rigidity for quick cuts on the court
•Full length Phylon midsole provides lightweight cushioning and a comfortable ride
•Nike Zoom unit in the forefoot for lightweight and responsive cushioning
•Max Air unit in the heel for maximum impact protection

Outsole
•Elephant crackle pattern on the outsole provides excellent multidirectional traction on the court
•Vertical flex grooves on the forefoot allows the foot to flex from side to side when making quick cuts
•Rotational traction pattern on the medial forefoot for easy pivoting and multidirectional movement
•Solid rubber outsole provides traction for a variety of surfaces

Design Elements
•Classic Jordan elephant crackle pattern on the outsole
•New Jordan DWade logo on the tongue
•Solid rubber outsole for a unique look

jordan-fly-wade-02.jpg

jordan-fly-wade-03.jpg

jordan-fly-wade-04.jpg

jordan-fly-wade-05.jpg

jordan-fly-wade-06.jpg

jordan-fly-wade-07.jpg

jordan-fly-wade-08.jpg