OFFICIAL: JORDAN VI (6) BLACK/VARSITY RED ****RELEASE DATE 1/23/10****

Originally Posted by ninjahood

they're SITTING on NDC, a stock thats da most vulnerable due to da 40% swoosh discounts...these things are sitting till da next colorway comes out.

Tru, I am still struggling with opening myself  2 copping off of swoosh
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sthebest1984

Originally Posted by Magic1978

its hilarious how they're advertising em on nike.com like they're some sort of accurate representation of a proper retro...they even brightened up da color to look more

infrared
laugh.gif

And I find it funny you come in this thread telling people not to buy these VIs because theyre a inferior retro, yet you felt the need to go out and buy Space Jams the month before (paying no mind to the different colored jumpman on the sole, different shape, injection points on the midsole, and no Jumpman Jam tag because they have an ICEY sole and "fancy" packaging)

what a hypocrite
roll.gif
Come on, you're talking about small changes, imperfections or quality flaws.

What Ninja gripe is talking about is if  they replaced the patent leather with plain leather.  Ninja isn't mentioning the bad paint, shape or black at the air unit.

Dudes in to sneakers shouldn't have a problem with anything he's saying, only frequency and his repetitiveness.

Is the material that big of a deal though? In all honesty, after thorough inspection, they dont feel that much different from Durabuck. 
this is why i ain't suprised that you were suprised these sat
laugh.gif

durabuck NEVER fades hence da word DURAbuck , it gets dirty and you can wipe it off with a wet rag and its DS all over again...try doing that with this material
laugh.gif
so i guess you just dont own a suede pair of shoes? no XVIII's? no nike blazers?
i mean, whatever your preference is thats cool, i personally dont like all white sneakers so its cool to have a personal preference about a type of sneaker.

BUT

at the same time, JB can release a suede sneaker? is that against the niketalk jordan brand law of sneakers?

i bet you guys this if JB would have put NIKE AIR on the back just like that pair kanye was holding, dudes would have gone @***!@# nuts and not cared about the material OR the red.

its hilarious how they're advertising em on nike.com like they're some sort of accurate representation of a proper retro...they even brightened up da color to look more

infrared
laugh.gif

And I find it funny you come in this thread telling people not to buy these VIs because theyre a inferior retro, yet you felt the need to go out and buy Space Jams the month before (paying no mind to the different colored jumpman on the sole, different shape, injection points on the midsole, and no Jumpman Jam tag because they have an ICEY sole and "fancy" packaging)

what a hypocrite
roll.gif
e6935429e3b831ec5d952e82a08220beb44b67a.gif

space jams have NEVER been correctly retroed anyways, what em i gonna do, cry that i don't have da concord purple from da movie instead of da royal bottom?
grin.gif

and every flaw you listed with da space jams is STILL not worse then what they did to da VI's...PERIOD.

so imma cry me a river with my 2 pairs of DS 2009 space jams which >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> VI varsity reds.

I don't see why not..you cried about the shade of red not being correct on these, in addition to the change in material. you might as well complain that the 09 Space Jams had the 23 on the back was heatpressed and that they were royal blue instead of purple. you're a hypocrite, plain and simple. deal with it.
eyes.gif

And to make things worse, you not only settled for an inferior product...you doubled up! Before you call any member on here a sheep, you need to take a good long look in the mirror, my dude. And say what you will about these but I bet theyll actually hold up to a season of playing basketball without major damage (more than I can say about the Space Jams, some of which already came with cracked carbon fiber fresh out the box).
outta all that blah blah u just spewed still doesn't dispell da fact that

XI >>>> VI

material change has EVERYTHING to do with durability, these VI's are gonna turn ashy like nobody's business. and
laugh.gif
@ thinking VI's are better then XI's for basketball.

space jams are a BETTER retro then these VI's...period.
hell yeah they are going to turn ashy if they are the only damn pair of shoes you own/wear.
i know in that damn hazizi amazon of a room you got there's another pair of sneakers to wear in rotation.

and who the hell wears retro jordans to ball in anymore? like honestly, !#%#!@ don't go out and drop 175 on some retro jordans to hoop in.
we all know dudes just buy jordans to rock and stunt and they go out and buy some of these newer lebrons/kobes/nikes/carmellos/cp3's to hoop in.
dudes haven't gone out to buy some retro jordans to hoop in since 2002.

if anything the XI and the VI are about the same for basketball. if you want some real jordan basketball shoes get some XII, XIV or XIX-XXIII to hoop in...

Lol "Mr. Niketalk"

So we're herbs because we buy what we like?

roll.gif

Some of you dudes done forgot what being a sneakerhead is about.

Comparing these to my DMP VI the materials on this shoe feels a lot thicker and more sturdy than the material on the DMP VI.

Copped my pair off NDC and i am very satisfide, Damn im sick of all the critics in here if u dont like dont cop...simple as that but dont come in here & bash dudes who did cop. These 6's remind me of reggie bush...Had a spark b4 he played, Once he played...every1 started 2 bash him due to over expectations...few yrs later every1 a fan
roll.gif
. In other words dont sleep on greatness, be glad they are retroing the design in similar color sceme   

Comparing these to my DMP VI the materials on this shoe feels alot thicker and more sturdy than the material on the DMP VI.

I can agree with that. My DMP gave out like crazy and I hardly wore them...

Originally Posted by HAGS

Originally Posted by AirJapan707

btw the VI quality>09 SJ
laugh.gif

not this color.

Yeah this color is HORRIBLE! Could you imagine if Michael had to play in a color like this?  wait........
Michael wouldn't have played in fusion eithers but JB has decided that's what we all want

Originally Posted by HAGS

infrared
laugh.gif

what a hypocrite
roll.gif
e6935429e3b831ec5d952e82a08220beb44b67a.gif

space jams have NEVER been correctly retroed anyways, what em i gonna do, cry that i don't have da concord purple from da movie instead of da royal bottom?
grin.gif

and every flaw you listed with da space jams is STILL not worse then what they did to da VI's...PERIOD.

so imma cry me a river with my 2 pairs of DS 2009 space jams which >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> VI varsity reds.

I'd have to agree w/sthebest1984  I'm not sure with everyone else's SJ's but they aren't really like the one's in 2000.  I was WAAAAAY disappointed with the space jams- my carbon fiber was all jacked up, it had the dots all over the midsole, and they were waaaaaaay stiff (so unlike OG's, the loose feeling mesh uppers is what made them such great feeling shoes- now like concrete) I was really looking forward to them.  Then the Black/Varsity Red VI's come out and with all the negativity going around here I didn't even know if I was gonna buy.  Saw some decent pics and since I loved the shoe as a kid, I went ahead and got em.  I see them in person and the quality was so much better than I expected.  I thought this horrible suede was going to be like thick and ashy- and I couldn't believe how great it really looked.  
It may be because of my high expectations of the SJ and low expectations for the VI but to me after thinking about price, quality, comfort, and looks- surprisingly to me Varsity Red VI's >>>>>>>Space Jams.  
I have both pair of SJ's, and my 2009's didn't come with all the quality flaws some have had, sure the jumpman was off, less patent leather, but it wasn't a big difference.  I actually like the snug mesh better. 

And the SJ's are a lot more comfortable than the VI's.  I feel like I'm walking on straight concrete with no arch support or padding.  Like I said before these feel like my most uncomfortable pair of Jordan's.  I've owned a pair from every number beside the II, and I would have never thought that the black/grey I I got would be more comfortable than these.

But I digress this isn't a SJ vs VI topic

Did not cop but when I went to the mall to check them out I thought they were decent. I think these are still sitting because people are still trying to recoup from the SJs.

really now, varsity red is not that bad on the VI's lol. If MJ wore those back in the day, some people would think the infrareds, if they would be released today instead would be lame cause its pinkish orange.

Originally Posted by JayJunkie

Did not cop but when I went to the mall to check them out I thought they were decent. I think these are still sitting because people are still trying to recoup from the SJs.
In theory... i would say the exact same thing.

Had they reversed the releases... you think the turnout/pandemonium would have still existed?

My thoughts. Yes. The VI's are all around a better looking shoe with better build quality ( in regards to the XI's, i remember in a college game, this dude straight took an abrupt stop
and his feet literally penetrated through where the patent leather and sole met. Crazy shiiiz). It's subjective talk... but the VI's all the way.

The Sixes are iconic in their own right (hence, why there were released in the first DMP). Maybe i'm just a sucker for big tongues and air bubbles... hence the reason why they
have a stronger sense of appeal and feel to a fella. But had they had put these on that Christmas Eve release... my presumptions say that these would have been
ate through the gate in very similar response to the Jams.

I owned the first space jams and to this day... still have no regrets selling them in 8/10 condition for 60 bucks back in 2003 (to my cuzzin, i also sold him my VI's black/silver
lows that i painted over the silver with infrared, beautiful execution - if i had pix i'd showcase it).

The XI's feel so bulky... but Nike's timing to release them for Noel's celebration was a strategy you can never take away from them.

In gist, the VI's will sell better than the Flu Games/White/Red XII's... but given that their being distributed a month after funds have been spent, with the downturn of the economy
still in its stark downturn, 150 bucks plus tax is a heavy toll to be in the style roll. 

Two pairs via eastbay... this week will be good for me  

^^ I hear ya. I passed on the spacejams because to me XI are just not all that. im not mad for it. I bought the VI because like all that loves em, i love them too. i just buy what i like, thats all. The VI will always be speacial to me. Its in my top 5 jordans (the XI is not even in my top 5). BUT thats just me. SO just remind yourself that the next time you are buying the shoes.

I'm very confused right now.

Why do so many people that are not interested in these VI follow this thread? Or are they just checking to see if the hype is strong?

I also don't think any of us should convince anyone else on here that these are awesome Jordans because that just means the rest of us are less likely to get a pair on a release day if more people are convinced to get them....lol.

So in closing.....these shoes are crap, you shouldn't get them....lol. That's what I'll be saying at every release now (to keep the hype low and keep the malls & online stores clear....lol).

But even though they're crap, I can't wait to get my pairs! lol.

Damn, so you guys are saying these are less comfortable than the '09 Space Jam,
sick.gif

The '09 SJ's are very uncomfortable
smh.gif

My thoughts. Yes. The VI's are all around a better looking shoe with better build quality ( in regards to the XI's, i remember in a college game, this dude straight took an abrupt stop
and his feet literally penetrated through where the patent leather and sole met. Crazy shiiiz). It's subjective talk... but the VI's all the way.

You are in the minority with this statement.  As far as the dude that tore his XI's during a college game, I believe the conclusion was that they were fake, and yes it was discussed at length in this forum.

But had they had put these on that Christmas Eve release... my presumptions say that these would have been
ate through the gate in very similar response to the Jams

The XI's feel so bulky... but Nike's timing to release them for Noel's celebration was a strategy you can never take away from them.

You may like the VI over the XI, and that's fine.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion and what they prefer.  However, saying that it was only pandemonium because they were released before X-mas is absurd.  Every XI release has been a circus.  Some may say that the first retro run of XI's launched the Jordan retro era.

When the IV's, V's and VI dropped from 1999-2001 I bough all of them a few days after RD.  FSR's everywhere, except Black/Red IV's which sold within a week.  I bought the Infrared VI mid week, before class.

Then the SJ's dropped in December of 2k
eek.gif
, and people went crazy.  Then the Black/Red's dropped, crazy again.  Then the Cool Grey's dropped, there were some crazy stories.

(Note: Columbia's dropped before the Black/Reds, but I sat that one out, all white didn't do it for me at the time
ohwell.gif
).

You could've flipped RD's and the Space Jam release still would've been nuts.

People love the XI's

Originally Posted by airBOZretroIII

Came on this thread to see pics of peoples VI's and I've been through about 15 pages of ****E. This thread is full of rubbish. those that don't like the shoe and didn't cop just leave it out and those that did cop be proud and post some pics of your kicks.
all this bickering has ruined this thread.

Yo QFT i'm about to check the pick up thread. It all be better if people just bought what they wanted and liked instead of worrying about HYPE all the time.

Originally Posted by Mr NikeTalk

i appreciate that receipt pic =)
haha tony dont let him know your full name otherwise i feel like something involving your employee number is going to go down haha
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Originally Posted by chubzpgp

no im just better than you, and i got the bank account to show for it

laugh.gif

I hope you were being sarcastic, or you're young. More money doesn't mean you're better then someone. Besides I've seen you post a couple of times about having a lot of money, why you offering $10 for a swoosh account though
roll.gif
haha bc i think thats how the rich stay rich...pay as little as possible.
wink.gif

Worn my V-reds a few times now and STILL no creasing around the toe. This a great shoe. Nevermind the haters.

Haven't worn my Space Jams to compare though.

LOVE.

Originally Posted by airBOZretroIII

Came on this thread to see pics of peoples VI's and I've been through about 15 pages of ****E. This thread is full of rubbish. those that don't like the shoe and didn't cop just leave it out and those that did cop be proud and post some pics of your kicks.
all this bickering has ruined this thread.

****'n sad ain't it.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Originally Posted by MrRaiRai

Originally Posted by Mr NikeTalk

JAYFIEND wrote:

I swear once OG dudes realize its not 2000 anymore the JB forum will be so much better.
This guy wants a better forum instead of better shoes
smh.gif
I actually agree with Jayfiend. We can control the forum but we can't control what JB does. He's right its not 2000 anymore. Get over it already.

this is whats wrong with this section, and it remains da stinkhole of NT, ya would rather just bend over and take sucky retros then actually demand better...you think

no one reads these comments?

according to RW they do, but ehhhhh they know what theyre doing
smh.gif

heres the thing most of you fools don't understand...
they aren't going to change jack %@%! for you. go ahead and cry and @%!** about some damn SNEAKERS online like some little girls. you are grown men...

stop acting like children, if you don't like what you see, log the hell off. honestly, you ruin everyone else's experience on the site with all that nonsense.
i bet, if more dudes stopped crying about every release, these threads would be 50 pages shorter..

m7f3ty.jpg

we know they arent going to change anything son, so heres the thing you kids dont understand

since you guys settle for anything, no matter what cheap @$% material JB decides to use, no matter how hard they try to "retro" or "bring back" OG styles. It post like yours that make JB not give a $#!t about its customer and just given em what ever would make profits.

According to Rockwell, nike does read these post. Hopefully they cant read our side of this argument and slightly improve on thier products but we all know all they trew the true meaning of what the brand represented and all they care is about tricking kids into buying "retro, OG inspired shoes".

and what experience from the jordan brand forum are you talking about fam???????
laugh.gif

how long have we known that nike and jb read through the forums? we've known this for years, and %!+$ still hasn't changed.
so why do you all still go around complaining?

dudes will complain about ANYTHING on the shoes now.
"awman, there's some glue on the bottom of the shoe! +%#+ Jordan brand! i had to peel it off!"

is that something to really complain about?
or is this retro PLUS colorway something to complain about?
because clearly these aren't infrareds, just like the dispute in the flu games thread. they are a completely different pair of shoes.

as long as people buy their product, they will still continue to make it, the same way they have been making it.
and i might sound mad, but at least im not crying about a damn sneaker on a message board. u sad?

they havent changed anything after all of these years. do you think they are going to stop for a few dudes on a message board?
when theres millions of people out in the world who still buy their product?

Good post

Stupid dudes like ninjahood think  whining on a message board is going to make Jordan brand for fill there demands Smh... All it does is ruin threads for everyone that likes the shoes and want info

Back
Top Bottom