Official Jordan XI Thread

I took advantage of the rare hot weather during the fall yesterday by wearing the 2019 black/red XI and the jersey to go with a 1996 NBA Finals vibe when I went to Northridge Fashion Center and had dinner in the Red Robin there. It's the first time I ever wore the shoes and jersey. It was nice to finally wear these shoes after having them for almost 2 years now.
IMG_5578.JPG

This is the first time I ever took a closeup picture of shoes on my feet on this site.
IMG_5583.JPG

Lol it’s so true. If you look at plenty of his game worn pairs, they are far from perfect.
Hahaha, totally. It could partially be the angle and the reflection on the patent in that pic above, but the right toe box looks chunkier and less sleek than the left one--and the left one doesn't look particularly sleek, either. Everyone (me included LOL) would be complaining and calling it trash if that was a new retro pair :lol:

Hahaha, totally. It could partially be the angle and the reflection on the patent in that pic above, but the right toe box looks chunkier and less sleek than the left one--and the left one doesn't look particularly sleek, either. Everyone (me included LOL) would be complaining and calling it trash if that was a new retro pair :lol:
Toe box on the right half- pair looking like a Frankenboot. :rofl:

Those game worn shoes went through more hell than anything we can do casually in them. For his pairs to be stretched and geeked out dont surprise me at all.
True but that wouldn’t make the toe boxes turn bulky/square-ish.

With the “new” 11 retros from 2016 till now, some of what’s seen in those comparison pics just seems down to variances in manufacturing. One of my pairs of 2018 Concords are as slanted as the toes in these official Cool Gray images. The rest vary in terms of how close they are to slanting that much. Pretty sure one of my black/red pairs is a lot more slanted than the pair Nice Kicks posted there, too.

Last edited:
True but that wouldn’t make the toe boxes turn bulky/square-ish.
Your right. But my point of saying that is simply looking at MJs game shoes over the years. Everyone makes such a deal of the toe box and its slant. Most of his game shoes are warped out like no other. Def in the toe area. And we all know by now he wore a brand new pair every game. There is an MJ worn XIII being auctioned out, the toe is elfed out like no other. It gets a pass because they are game worn. But todays releases, after several wears they may cause the same kind of look and are deemed trash. This I just do not understand. We ALL want that slant/slim toe look, but eventually they will turn up after wearing them.

Your right. But my point of saying that is simply looking at MJs game shoes over the years. Everyone makes such a deal of the toe box and its slant. Most of his game shoes are warped out like no other. Def in the toe area. And we all know by now he wore a brand new pair every game. There is an MJ worn XIII being auctioned out, the toe is elfed out like no other. It gets a pass because they are game worn. But todays releases, after several wears they may cause the same kind of look and are deemed trash. This I just do not understand. We ALL want that slant/slim toe look, but eventually they will turn up after wearing them.

Right right. I was only talking about the difference between slim toes and more square toes. And that OG MJ pair looks as square as some of today’s retros lol.

Here's my 2016 Space Jam XI.
IMG_5616.JPG
IMG_5617.JPG
IMG_5618.JPG
IMG_5619.JPG
IMG_5620.JPG
IMG_5621.JPG

I recall this was the first release I got through the FLX app reservation system in December 2016 that was established sometime that year. I remember getting these on release day from the South Bay Galleria Champs.

Back
Top Bottom